Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Stephen Bradshaw's clearance to join Barny has been rejected by Dederang. What's the story there ? Any chance he might do an about face ?

Curious what Ross O'Bryan departure from the Doggies will have on them if any? Have they secured any big forwards to replace him or are they just going to rely on smaller types forwards I.e Murray, to a lesser extent perhaps Paul Tucker

Curious what Ross O'Bryan departure from the Doggies will have on them if any? Have they secured any big forwards to replace him or are they just going to rely on smaller types forwards I.e Murray, to a lesser extent perhaps Paul Tucker
Thurgoona has also picked up Ash Rieschke who is injury prone but a good player so it will be interesting to see if they can improve on last year as they certainly have a much deeper list.

Thurgoona has also picked up Ash Rieschke who is injury prone but a good player so it will be interesting to see if they can improve on last year as they certainly have a much deeper list.

Where is he from STP. Local or from higher level of footy? I agree it seems the Doggies will be marching for a higher spot this year:thumbsu:

His depature won't have much affect you wouldn't think only played a handfull of games last year and didn't have a huge impact in them. They do have a few options up forward Tim Madden has put on a fair bit of bulk (leading goal kicker last year) the delivery up forward should be a lot better as they have strengthened there midfield. Tucker would be an option as well as murray.

Carey took off with one of the Thurgoona blokes girlfriends didnt he??? If so any delivery to him in the forward line would be minimal if at all.:D

The Dogs have got a practice match in Canberra on the weekend. Might be through the coaches connections up there. Fair way to travel to kick the footy around.
Will be a fair trip home for the boys though:).

What's the latest on Beechworth ? Have they enough players ? League meeting last night confirmed that there will be no football played on their ground all season. Home games will be at Yack with a switch around of the draw. Only other ground unplayable is Chiltern, but they will switch early season home games to away games.

Knowing it is only March, but based on recruiting of clubs would anyone be able to have a crack at naming a potential interleague side. Know there is no rep from Tallangatta only because I know no players from there. Again knowing season hasn't started but still be interested to compare. Bit of fun and knowing I will leave many quality players ou but be good for a bit of banter.

B. Wightman (Thu) Withers (Barn) Roache (Barn)
HB. Dicketts (Ded) Dickens (Chil) Brand (Chil)
C. McGregor (Mitta) Hargraves (Barn) Gentile (ded)
HF. Semmler (Barn) Purcell (Yack) Richardson (Kie)
FF. Cameron (Kie) Culph (Mitta) Murray (Thur)

Foll:
Dale (Yack)
Hillary (Yack)
Davis (Ruth)

Res:

Packer (Mitta)
Nelson (Mitta)
Allen (B/W)
Storey (Chil)
Rogers (Barn)
Butters (W/S)

Knowing it is only March, but based on recruiting of clubs would anyone be able to have a crack at naming a potential interleague side. Know there is no rep from Tallangatta only because I know no players from there. Again knowing season hasn't started but still be interested to compare. Bit of fun and knowing I will leave many quality players ou but be good for a bit of banter.

Foll:
Dale (Yack)
Hillary (Yack)
Davis (Ruth)

Res:

Packer (Mitta)
Nelson (Mitta)
Allen (B/W)
Storey (Chil)
Rogers (Barn)
Butters (W/S)

Looks like Barny are going to finish top of the ladder with 6 in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like Barny are going to finish top of the ladder with 6 in the best 22.

As I said AP without knowing every player and following Barny I just put a side together with players who I personally think would be OK. I'm sure a Mitta or Chiltern supporter would have more Mitta or Chiltern players in their side:thumbsu:

Foll:
Dale (Yack)
Hillary (Yack)
Davis (Ruth)

Res:

Packer (Mitta)
Nelson (Mitta)
Allen (B/W)
Storey (Chil)
Rogers (Barn)
Butters (W/S)

Big Al, you obviously have to much time on your hands. Good job though.
One notable name missing. My BOG in last years interleague game Versus O+K, Scott Fraser (Yack).

As I said AP without knowing every player and following Barny I just put a side together with players who I personally think would be OK. I'm sure a Mitta or Chiltern supporter would have more Mitta or Chiltern players in their side:thumbsu:

I reckon you might do a bit more than FOLLOW Barny ! ;)

Big Al, you obviously have to much time on your hands. Good job though.
One notable name missing. My BOG in last years interleague game Versus O+K, Scott Fraser (Yack).

I had a bit of a stroll around Wodonga's Electrical Supastore the other day, and not a customer in sight. So it'd be fair to say that Big Al has PLENTY of time on his hands! :D

However it makes for interesting conversation Big Al. You reckon Semmler will be up to it (Rep football) with a year of the paddock? He had a bit of a sook about being tagged to much in the Hume league I'm led to believe and can't see much changing in this league. Also is Brand a starter or not for Chiltern this year?

I had a bit of a stroll around Wodonga's Electrical Supastore the other day, and not a customer in sight. So it'd be fair to say that Big Al has PLENTY of time on his hands! :D

However it makes for interesting conversation Big Al. You reckon Semmler will be up to it (Rep football) with a year of the paddock? He had a bit of a sook about being tagged to much in the Hume league I'm led to believe and can't see much changing in this league. Also is Brand a starter or not for Chiltern this year?

Reckon you're a bit of the mark with your assumption on Big Al there A.D!!

I would have thought you A.D, more than anyone would have had a first hand look at Semmler in the Hume league and know what attention he would have copped in that league.
If he lines up through the midfield you would expect he would have a minder.
Saw him out running the other day, and although he looks like hes put on a bit, he will be more than handy for Barny.

I would have thought you A.D, more than anyone would have had a first hand look at Semmler in the Hume league and know what attention he would have copped in that league.
Saw him out running the other day, and although he looks like hes put on a bit, he will be more than handy for Barny.

I reckon AD is right on the money. Good call A.D. although you don't think he actually serves customers do you. He just sits in front of his computer in that little room out the back.

I reckon AD is right on the money. Good call A.D. although you don't think he actually serves customers do you. He just sits in front of his computer in that little room out the back.

Good attempt guys but I can assure you that you are way off the mark saying I work at the electrical store. I don't think the Barny coach would appreciate being associated with some of my comments, not his game. Only named Brand if he plays as I personally rate him highly. As far as I know is staying at Chiltern. As for Semmler he has been minded for as long as I can remember and it didn't stop him getting 50 kicks a game so good luck to the bloke who has to chase the little bugger :D . Even with a year out I'd say he should still contribute for Barny, even if it not to his past levels. Again I probably jumped the gun naming him in a 'best' side but I only based that on past performances. Hopefully he goes well for Barny's sake this year:thumbsu: .

Enlighten me KTM. How would I know more than anyone?
Lets not take the spotlight away from Big Al my friend....firstly didn't know a Semmler and now has him in the league side. Take nothing away from Martin though he's a fantastic player/bloke yet I question whether those old legs of his will still maintain that frenetic speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back