Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah mate, just know that for Josh to swap clubs he's put a fair bit of thought into it. Especially as his uncle is the coach of the club that he is leaving.

Spot on KITM, quite clear that Nutter has made a footy decision based on what he wants to get out of the game physically and mentally rather than a dollar decision.
Something that can't be said for some blokes swapping and changing in the tallangatta league (Dederang to Barny for one)

$10K to Barny on the footy show will help a bit??? maybe they could buy some water to help the weeds grow on their ground.
noticed big Parish front and centre on the TV (first time he would have been in that spot) is he playing at Barny or was he there for a few free froffies?

Obviously wanting to further his footy and have a crack at it, cant be angry at him for doing that, should be more young fella's pushed towards O & M

haven't heard much there!
my contacts out at Yack say he would more than likely be a bit underdone as usual heading into the season.

Your contacts can't be that good M.T.G I know for a fact he is running an Olympic distance tri-athalon on Sunday. If he can get through that he must have a decent fittness base behind him.

Spot on KITM, quite clear that Nutter has made a footy decision based on what he wants to get out of the game physically and mentally rather than a dollar decision.
Something that can't be said for some blokes swapping and changing in the tallangatta league (Dederang to Barny for one)

$10K to Barny on the footy show will help a bit??? maybe they could buy some water to help the weeds grow on their ground.
noticed big Parish front and centre on the TV (first time he would have been in that spot) is he playing at Barny or was he there for a few free froffies?

Yeah it looked like alot of fun was had up at Barny. I hear Mitta could have used some of the $10K to cover the costs for repairs to Nic Conway's hand.

Can any one confirm Barnys gains and losses for 2007?

Yeah it looked like alot of fun was had up at Barny. I hear Mitta could have used some of the $10K to cover the costs for repairs to Nic Conway's hand.

Can any one confirm Barnys gains and losses for 2007?

Looks like Barny have picked up a few from Holbrook & Roche from Myrtleford, have some big losses tho

Is it true that Benny Rogers has moved to Melbourne for work and playing footy somewhere near bendigo? If so, will be a massive loss for the tigers.

Is it true that Benny Rogers has moved to Melbourne for work and playing footy somewhere near bendigo? If so, will be a massive loss for the tigers.

Apparently Rogers did play in practice match for tigers last week and appears a near certainty to travelling up from Melbourne each week. I'd assume the Bendigo rumour would relate to Shevlin moving over that way.

Apparently Rogers did play in practice match for tigers last week and appears a near certainty to travelling up from Melbourne each week. I'd assume the Bendigo rumour would relate to Shevlin moving over that way.
Barny must be making it worth is while;) Anyone keen to have a crack at who the movers and sliders will be now that a lot more clearences have been lodged. (is there any player left in the upper murray) I think there could be two spots available for finals with Dederang losing there top 6 and Rutherglen also losing some quality. The rumour has surfaced again about there best player moving to the web across the river. Any practice matches this weekend i know Yack is playing ayone else having a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is living with Shevlin in Melbourne and has agreed to play with him this year up in Bendigo. Benny will be a big hole for the Tigers to replace, both on and off the field.
How did the night go with Billy and the wheel? Looked like there was a few people in the rooms. Would have been a massive night for a few of the boys.

He is living with Shevlin in Melbourne and has agreed to play with him this year up in Bendigo. Benny will be a big hole for the Tigers to replace, both on and off the field.
How did the night go with Billy and the wheel? Looked like there was a few people in the rooms. Would have been a massive night for a few of the boys.

I was told Barny were charging $25 per head to get in for the Biily & the Wheel night. Is that right ?

Have heard that Gordy Anderson and Matt Nixon are thinking about coming back to the Tigers. Any truth?

Barny must be making it worth is while;) Anyone keen to have a crack at who the movers and sliders will be now that a lot more clearences have been lodged. (is there any player left in the upper murray) I think there could be two spots available for finals with Dederang losing there top 6 and Rutherglen also losing some quality. The rumour has surfaced again about there best player moving to the web across the river. Any practice matches this weekend i know Yack is playing ayone else having a run.

I'll have a crack at a ladder prediction NOP.

YACKANDANDAH
MITTA MITTA
RUTHERGLEN
BARNAWARTHA
KIEWA SANDY CREEK
--------------------
THURGOONA
CHILTERN
DEDERANG
WODONGA SAINTS
TALLANGATTA VALLEY
BEECHWORTH

My ladder positions at year end would be

Mitta
Yack
Barny
Chiltern
Kiewa
Rutherglen
Thurgoona
Tallangatta
Dederang
Saints
Beechworth

Going out on a limb but Barny Yack GF. Mitta out in straight sets.:thumbsu:

Anyone care to name their best 10 players to grace the playing feilds of the TDFL in the last 20 years or so.

Think it will be a close season, but youd have to Mitta right up there, Yack and Chiltern, improvement out of a lot of teams Kiewa, Thurgoona, Barny & Tallangatta - have you seen how many clearences they have got, some good players in Brad Maguire & Graeme Mathey and some young guys, could finish higher than most predict, cant see Dederang or Rutherglen improving.

Think it will be a close season, but youd have to Mitta right up there, Yack and Chiltern, improvement out of a lot of teams Kiewa, Thurgoona, Barny & Tallangatta - have you seen how many clearences they have got, some good players in Brad Maguire & Graeme Mathey and some young guys, could finish higher than most predict, cant see Dederang or Rutherglen improving.

How old is Graeme though, the last time he played for the Hoppers he could get it but was part of a Hoppers team that was destroyed for pace by the Barny boys in a GF. 2002??? Was part of a very slow midfield then so couldnt see how the Hoppers could be ableto beat Yack, Mitta and Rutherglen.

How old is Graeme though, the last time he played for the Hoppers he could get it but was part of a Hoppers team that was destroyed for pace by the Barny boys in a GF. 2002??? Was part of a very slow midfield then so couldnt see how the Hoppers could be ableto beat Yack, Mitta and Rutherglen.

True, Tallangatta was beaten for pace that year but look at clearences and Mathey has bought guys with him from Federals like Warren Polica etc, that must add pace, Graeme did win the O & M reserves B & F last time he played didnt he? So he can still get it and thats what footy is all about

True, Tallangatta was beaten for pace that year but look at clearences and Mathey has bought guys with him from Federals like Warren Polica etc, that must add pace, Graeme did win the O & M reserves B & F last time he played didnt he? So he can still get it and thats what footy is all about

G Mathey definately brings some class and experience which is invaluable at any level of footy, and potentially Pollica and others from UMFL may go alright, but the TDFL is a BIG step up for these blokes coming from Federals. Only time will tell and the hoppers should improve on last year granted, but I don't think they will be fighting it out for the five.

G Mathey definately brings some class and experience which is invaluable at any level of footy, and potentially Pollica and others from UMFL may go alright, but the TDFL is a BIG step up for these blokes coming from Federals. Only time will tell and the hoppers should improve on last year granted, but I don't think they will be fighting it out for the five.

Polica has played TDFL before i believe, just cant agree with some who think hoppers will be 2nd or 3rd bottom, when you add that many players to a country club and dont lose many you must improve, not saying they will challenge the Mittas & Yacks tho, if you look at last season results they were not that far away in some games and beat Kiewa, who many a predicting will climb, it should be an interesting year, be good to follow along

I agree Greame will certainly add some much needed leadership, but he is getting on in age (must be around 36). He may not have the same influence on the feild as he once had. Polica is a big signing. Is definatley up to TDFL level. They have also signed a guy called Ben Strachan who killed Glen Page in a senior final for Yack a couple of years ago. If he can to get to training on a regular basis he could certainly hold down a key position. They may surprise a few and teams will need to be on their toes when they play the Hoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back