Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biggest game for the round no doubt be doggies and chiltern. On paper Chiltern look like getting things together. Will Watson get Andrews or do the doggies have another bigger body down back to handle the big fella? Lot of bigger bodies for the Swans up spine which is a good start to a team in any league so curious whether the dogs have enough tall tyimber to cover knight, storey, dickens and andrews. Month ago you would have said Yack v Mitta would be a blockbuster but on current form you would think Mitta by a street. Yack will get the wedding party back for the weekend as well as Jaz Hillary which will stiffen them up considerably, but you would think at the moment not enough. Interesting to see whether Dederang can give Dicko win number 2 or whether the Cats can get 2 on the trot. Should be another good round.

With Chiltern's ground still out of action, where has the match been changed to? Will they play the doggies at Birallee Park again or has another venue been decided? Wouldn't think the Swannies would entertain the idea of playing out at Thurgoona Oval.

With Chiltern's ground still out of action, where has the match been changed to? Will they play the doggies at Birallee Park again or has another venue been decided? Wouldn't think the Swannies would entertain the idea of playing out at Thurgoona Oval.

Chiltern ground apparently fit for play. Generous offer was made to host the game at Thurgoona, surprisingly rejected. !!

Chiltern ground apparently fit for play. Generous offer was made to host the game at Thurgoona, surprisingly rejected. !!

Big surprise that the Thurgoona Idea was rejected:rolleyes: , Chiltern would want to play on a big open ground with runners like everon, brooks, ladgrove x2 and wood. Apparently reps from the league have to approve Chiltern for play before the game for it to be played there. If its no good, which Im told it is, it seems Rutherglen or Barnawartha are the options, can't see Chiltern wanting to play at either of those grounds. Any ground away from Chiltern is a big advantage for the Doggies

Big surprise that the Thurgoona Idea was rejected:rolleyes: , Chiltern would want to play on a big open ground with runners like everon, brooks, ladgrove x2 and wood. Apparently reps from the league have to approve Chiltern for play before the game for it to be played there. If its no good, which Im told it is, it seems Rutherglen or Barnawartha are the options, can't see Chiltern wanting to play at either of those grounds. Any ground away from Chiltern is a big advantage for the Doggies

Can say Barny's ground is in good nick at the moment but agree that the size of Chiltern's ground is definately an advantage against the Dog's who would be used to their postage stamp sized ground.

Can say Barny's ground is in good nick at the moment but agree that the size of Chiltern's ground is definately an advantage against the Dog's who would be used to their postage stamp sized ground.
Can tell you right now for absolute certain this weeks game between thurgoona and chilten will Not be at Chiltern. Swans officials did a risk assesment last night and deemed it un playable. No decision has been made on the alt venue however Barny, Rutherglen and Thurgoona are the preferred options. Dogs officials have opted away from Barny because of the state of the opposition rooms. (no other reason) So i would think Rutherglen would be the favourite at this stage.

Can tell you right now for absolute certain this weeks game between thurgoona and chilten will Not be at Chiltern. Swans officials did a risk assesment last night and deemed it un playable. No decision has been made on the alt venue however Barny, Rutherglen and Thurgoona are the preferred options. Dogs officials have opted away from Barny because of the state of the opposition rooms. (no other reason) So i would think Rutherglen would be the favourite at this stage.

Whats wrong with a bit of asbestos, never hurt anyone did it?

Send Matthew my regards that is terrible news (I am serious here). I'm sure his mum will bathe him and rub his chest with vicks vapo rub before he goes to bed. She may need to buy some more batteries for his glow worm though. I suppose now it gives TDFL coaches some chance to get some sleep. He still might go alright in the league medal- 4 games equals 12 votes. Anyway guys was wondering who you would pick for your best side so far this year. Here is my team: (I have included myself- I hope this is ok guys)
B Southerland Worthers Kinross
HB Richardson Percy Purcell Big Dickins
c Packher Culphy (that's me) Davis
HF S Franz(vc) Jade C(also me) Whiteman (coach)
F Murray Jones (the festivally plump ff from mitta) Brookes (C) (Chiltern)
R Petyourbitch (Kiewa- sorry couldn't spell it) Sprocket (Yack) Conway (Thurgoona- sorry Mitta)
int- C. Toon
Tell me what you think guys!

Thats gold :thumbsu: Not sure whether the real "click,click" Culph will get to read it though, may still be too busy in Copley's ear trying to get himself another run in the Lavy 1's this week. It does pay to know some people in higher places ;).

Spoke to Barnys president this morning game is definitely at Barnawartha.Thurgoona dont play there this year so it will do them good to live on the edge a little and enter into those visitors rooms and hopefully not come out with mad cows ;bird flu;asbestos etc.:D :D Apparently they are looking at doing them up anyway and replacing the floor that people have fallen through with a bare,cold concrete slab-beautiful; welcome to country footy!

Whats wrong with a bit of asbestos, never hurt anyone did it?

Spoke to Barnys president this morning game is definitely at Barnawartha.Thurgoona dont play there this year so it will do them good to live on the edge a little and enter into those visitors rooms and hopefully not come out with mad cows ;bird flu;asbestos etc.:D :D Apparently they are looking at doing them up anyway and replacing the floor that people have fallen through with a bare,cold concrete slab-beautiful; welcome to country footy!

when the electrical cords are exposed, and the wires run through the a pipe next to the showers (or excuse for showers) you know it is a risk to your health! and that is before you run onto the ground that they still use lime for the boundary line!
a few years back they actually divided the "new" rooms into 2 which was OK, why can't they do that?
they might have to get another mirror for Hollywood though wouldn't they Big Al?
thurgoona should not be criticising other clubs "visitors" changerooms anyway! its the only place i have been able to take a dump, have a shower and get a rub down all at the one time!

Thats gold :thumbsu: Not sure whether the real "click,click" Culph will get to read it though, may still be too busy in Copley's ear trying to get himself another run in the Lavy 1's this week. It does pay to know some people in higher places ;).

Big Al I sense some hatred towards Jade in your writing. Lets be serious though, would Lavi give him a game if he didn't deserve it? He's no Watto I no but Lavi wouldn't pick him if he didn't deserve to be there.

Big Al I sense some hatred towards Jade in your writing. Lets be serious though, would Lavi give him a game if he didn't deserve it? He's no Watto I no but Lavi wouldn't pick him if he didn't deserve to be there.

i think it would be more Culphy's Manager Sticks in Copely's ear wouldn't it!

No hatred there mate but like to get one on him when the chance arises as he would in return :thumbsu:.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think it would be more Culphy's Manager Sticks in Copely's ear wouldn't it!

Your probably right there. Sticks is one of the premier player managers in the region. He has been seen many a night at the ROY bar and the Star hotel negotiating player contracts. Quite often his own. I pose the question - Is it a disgrace that sticks played in a flag at Mitta of all clubs or is that a reflection on the opposition at the time (2004)

Anyway guys was wondering who you would pick for your best side so far this year. Here is my team: (I have included myself- I hope this is ok guys)
B Southerland Worthers Kinross
HB Richardson Percy Purcell Big Dickins
c Packher Culphy (that's me) Davis
HF S Franz(vc) Jade C(also me) Whiteman (coach)
F Murray Jones (the festivally plump ff from mitta) Brookes (C) (Chiltern)
R Petyourbitch (Kiewa- sorry couldn't spell it) Sprocket (Yack) Conway (Thurgoona- sorry Mitta)
int- C. Toon
Tell me what you think guys!

Interesting you can play at 2 spots there:confused: . A few names I think you have missed: Butler (Mitta), Andrews (Chiltern), C Nelson (Mitta), Cameron (KSC). Few that I think shouldn't be in there: Conway, Franz

Not to flash recently, if only games could be won on paper! Recruited well but results not positive so far. Dont be surprised if their 'non playing' coach pulls the boots on in the next few weeks. Matt Kinross doing his knee at the weekend (needs a reco) leaves them a key position player short. Might have to bring Mick Mooney and Mick Mathey up from the two's when and if the grounds get heavy

poor old mad rooter:( as for the hoppers mick mathey has been killing them in the 2's but his own brother won't bring him up......:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: looks like brad mac will have to play up the ground ....the upper murray guns are still yet to fire in the senior's.....well a team on paper is only good in friday's border....:rolleyes:

Dont take anything away from the the rutherglen boys, they were in control all day and never really looked like losing. Kinross was having no impact on the game at all till that stage

Hey guys the Culphmeister is back and wanting to open my heart to you all. As you know I am presently playing at Lavi and I kicked four goals in the firsts a few weeks ago. Timber said my performance was special. I even got to watch myself kick a goal on the news on Monday night. Anyway the love from Timber Sanson isn't coming as regularly and I only got a call up last week. So the point of my story is that the Culphmeister can't take much more of this. The Culphmeister's ego can only take so much. So TDFL followers I am looking to make a return to your league but I would like some offers. I will leave some suggestions to how I can help your club.

Barnawartha- Imagine this: Semmler picks up the ball, handballs to Hollard- who steps two would be tacklers, then handballs to Laracy who kicks the ball up and the Culphmeister takes a hanger. Champagne football boys. Give me a call.

Thurgoona- Show me the money boys! Imagine Franz picking up hard ball gets at will and dishing out handpasses to me. I would snap them all day. Aaaah! Would have to get Murray out to the wing though as he might try and take some of my goals.

Mitta- Packer you need to call me more. The offer isn't enough. Get rid of Jones, Butler, yourself, McGregor and anyone else that kicks goals.

Wodonga, Beechworth, Dederang, Rutherglen, Tallangatta- Everyone else plays outside the 50. It's just the Culphmeister and his opponent inside the 50. Imagine that!! Tallangatta you should have plenty of money in the kitty after losing Kinross for the year. Give me a tingle.

Chiltern- Imagine Andrews, Brookes and the Culphmeister. Three running machines! Watch out TDFL. Call me Knighty and would also like a ride to training if we can strike a deal.

Yack- Purcell who? Get the big fella down to the backline. Will come as a package deal- Sticks Mulholland (ex Mitta and Yack great) and me!

what can you tell me about barnys coach jason hollard

• Second oldest player in the league behind Barber from Kiewa.
  • Can't kick over a jam tin.
  • Goes by the name of Dutchy.
  • Never seen the inside of a gym.
  • Has a body like Montgomery Burns.
  • Once was kidnapped by Shane Oats.

Hey guys the Culphmeister is back and wanting to open my heart to you all. As you know I am presently playing at Lavi and I kicked four goals in the firsts a few weeks ago. Timber said my performance was special. I even got to watch myself kick a goal on the news on Monday night. Anyway the love from Timber Sanson isn't coming as regularly and I only got a call up last week. So the point of my story is that the Culphmeister can't take much more of this. The Culphmeister's ego can only take so much. So TDFL followers I am looking to make a return to your league but I would like some offers. I will leave some suggestions to how I can help your club.

Barnawartha- Imagine this: Semmler picks up the ball, handballs to Hollard- who steps two would be tacklers, then handballs to Laracy who kicks the ball up and the Culphmeister takes a hanger. Champagne football boys. Give me a call.

Thurgoona- Show me the money boys! Imagine Franz picking up hard ball gets at will and dishing out handpasses to me. I would snap them all day. Aaaah! Would have to get Murray out to the wing though as he might try and take some of my goals.

Mitta- Packer you need to call me more. The offer isn't enough. Get rid of Jones, Butler, yourself, McGregor and anyone else that kicks goals.

Wodonga, Beechworth, Dederang, Rutherglen, Tallangatta- Everyone else plays outside the 50. It's just the Culphmeister and his opponent inside the 50. Imagine that!! Tallangatta you should have plenty of money in the kitty after losing Kinross for the year. Give me a tingle.

Chiltern- Imagine Andrews, Brookes and the Culphmeister. Three running machines! Watch out TDFL. Call me Knighty and would also like a ride to training if we can strike a deal.

Yack- Purcell who? Get the big fella down to the backline. Will come as a package deal- Sticks Mulholland (ex Mitta and Yack great) and me!

You are kidding aren't you? When has Franz ever got a hardball get??? We know it's not you Culphy as the majority of your spelling is correct......ah bottles. :D

Haven't heard much from Saturday's alleged blockbuster. Notice Cameron only kicked 2 goals, wonder who played on him. See the old Fish in the best so maybe it was the old man. Assume the expected fireworks didn't occur. Looking at the score Kiewa didn't fire a shot, let alone light a firework. Didn't Lawrence Hodgkin drive to the game, wonder where he parked ?
sorry not sure i get it could u plz xplain? cameron played well in the first 10mins then he just well sucked the rest of the game!! and bird played on him

You are kidding aren't you? When has Franz ever got a hardball get??? We know it's not you Culphy as the majority of your spelling is correct......ah bottles. :D

It's definately me AD- JC, Culphy or the Culphmeister is on the Tallangatta footy forum. I have now learnt how to use spell checker and other things to correct my written work. Franz is the man at the moment- from what I heard he single handedly beat Mitta. Apparently he ran from the wing to kick the final goal, taking a number of bounces, running over the top of L. Hodgkin and then slotting it. I hear the Thurgoona Cafe are naming a burger after him called the 'McFranzee'. All the ingredients are red to match the crop of hair on his head. On the the bun is:
* red capsicum
* tomato
* grated carrot
* an uncooked lean red beef pattie
* tomato sauce
Take care AD the Culphmeister is here to stay. Get your club to call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back