Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another 3 from 5 last week and the tipping in the TDFL is difficult for once. Benchwarmer1 also 3 and Martini tipped like Kiewa played, with 2.
This week:
Mitta to beat Yack 28 pts
Chiltern to beat Thurgoona 12 pts
Rutherglen to beat Dederang 38pts
Barnawartha to beat Tallangatta 40pts
Kiewa to beat Saints by 70pts

Hey guys the Culphmeister, JC or Culpheeee (as the fans call me is back) is back. Thanks for all the love the guys, the Culphmeister doesn't care if it's good or bad as long as you are talking about me. However the Culphmeister feels the need to answer, or respond to some of your questions or comments.
Firstly AD you made a comment about my maybe future team mate Franzeeee (as the fans like to call him). Anyway I made a mistake (dare I say it) and you made a mistake. My mistake was that he would be picking up hardball gets in the forward line and handing them off to me. Your mistake was that he doesn't get hard ball gets. Apparently after reading yesterdays paper (I was looking for articles on Culphee) I noticed that Thurgoona's midfield boasted names such as Shane Franz. Now AD being a part of this midfield and being on top of the ladder you can't just do stand there and receive handballs all day can you?
And another thing while on the subject of Franzee what's with comparing Watto or whoever he is to AFL standard players. What about comparing Culpheeee or Franzeeee. Maybe compare Culpheee to Browneee or Franzeeee to Cameron Ling. I'm guessing that all this talk and the articles written on Franzee may be turning him into a bit of a cult figure down there at Thurgoona. You know the burger and combo and stuff like that. I also hear that he wears a leather jacket when he's not busting packs. Maybe Franzeee should be compared to The Fonz (you know Fonzeee off Happy Days) i'm sure it only takes a click of the fingers and the chicks would flock to him- like a shepherd and his sheep.
Anyway I can hear Peter Copleeee telling me to get back to work. By the way last month The Culphmeister was named employee of the month at Clipsal. Will be a back to answer other comments or questions later.
with love,

The Culphmeister
You make my day:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Hey guys the Culphmeister, JC or Culpheeee (as the fans call me is back) is back. Thanks for all the love the guys, the Culphmeister doesn't care if it's good or bad as long as you are talking about me. However the Culphmeister feels the need to answer, or respond to some of your questions or comments.
Firstly AD you made a comment about my maybe future team mate Franzeeee (as the fans like to call him). Anyway I made a mistake (dare I say it) and you made a mistake. My mistake was that he would be picking up hardball gets in the forward line and handing them off to me. Your mistake was that he doesn't get hard ball gets. Apparently after reading yesterdays paper (I was looking for articles on Culphee) I noticed that Thurgoona's midfield boasted names such as Shane Franz. Now AD being a part of this midfield and being on top of the ladder you can't just do stand there and receive handballs all day can you?
And another thing while on the subject of Franzee what's with comparing Watto or whoever he is to AFL standard players. What about comparing Culpheeee or Franzeeee. Maybe compare Culpheee to Browneee or Franzeeee to Cameron Ling. I'm guessing that all this talk and the articles written on Franzee may be turning him into a bit of a cult figure down there at Thurgoona. You know the burger and combo and stuff like that. I also hear that he wears a leather jacket when he's not busting packs. Maybe Franzeee should be compared to The Fonz (you know Fonzeee off Happy Days) i'm sure it only takes a click of the fingers and the chicks would flock to him- like a shepherd and his sheep.
Anyway I can hear Peter Copleeee telling me to get back to work. By the way last month The Culphmeister was named employee of the month at Clipsal. Will be a back to answer other comments or questions later.
with love,

The Culphmeister
Culpheee you are funneeeeey:D
Will make sure Fonzee...oops...Franzee knows about it.

Another 3 from 5 last week and the tipping in the TDFL is difficult for once. Benchwarmer1 also 3 and Martini tipped like Kiewa played, with 2.
This week:
Mitta to beat Yack 28 pts
Chiltern to beat Thurgoona 12 pts
Rutherglen to beat Dederang 38pts
Barnawartha to beat Tallangatta 40pts
Kiewa to beat Saints by 70pts

Mitta df Yack by 40 pts
thur df chilt by 25 pts
rutherglen df DMB 10 pts
barny df tall by 45 pts
kiewa df saints by 60 pts

AP, doggies could be the difference this week

Mitta df Yack by 40 pts
thur df chilt by 25 pts
rutherglen df DMB 10 pts
barny df tall by 45 pts

Thanks Benchwarmer, I know they are treating this game as 8 point game which will put the Doggies in excellent sted the the rest of the year.
Also interesting to note that Chilten didn't want tomorrows game to be at the "kennel" (with the offer of the gate takings, bar, canteen etc). I can't help but wonder cause the Doggies are doing well, the Swannies seem to be a bit respectfull of the home ground advantage the Doggies would have had.
Bet ya it would'nt have have happened last year if the same situation arose!:rolleyes:

with love,

The Culphmeister

Franzee the Fonz??????????????? more like Richie Cunnungham!! or the kid off Skippy???

with love,

The Culphmeister

Franzee= Ralph Malph!!!!! Shane Franz busting packs?????? ive never seen that sheepdog go within 5 metres of anything resembleing a pack

Thanks Benchwarmer, I know they are treating this game as 8 point game which will put the Doggies in excellent sted the the rest of the year.
Also interesting to note that Chilten didn't want tomorrows game to be at the "kennel" (with the offer of the gate takings, bar, canteen etc). I can't help but wonder cause the Doggies are doing well, the Swannies seem to be a bit respectfull of the home ground advantage the Doggies would have had.
Bet ya it would'nt have have happened last year if the same situation arose!:rolleyes:

Doggie Defender, I think its obvious that Chiltern don't want to play at Thurgoona, a tight small ground suits the Doggies perfectly. Chiltern want a big ground where they can run the dogs around, either way it will be an interesting game to watch.

Doggie Defender, I think its obvious that Chiltern don't want to play at Thurgoona, a tight small ground suits the Doggies perfectly. Chiltern want a big ground where they can run the dogs around, either way it will be an interesting game to watch.

Localjedi, now that the results are through with the Doggies having a win on a bigger ground, maybe you can re-think again. May the force be with you, and I must go back to celebrating another fantastic win.:thumbsu::p

Localjedi, now that the results are through with the Doggies having a win on a bigger ground, maybe you can re-think again. May the force be with you, and I must go back to celebrating another fantastic win.:thumbsu::p

More than obvious Thurgoona must have been the better side, I don't doubt that, but I still think that barnys ground is by far a 'big ground'. As it stands now, Thurgoona are the best side in the comp, congradulations to them and I must admit, im not ashamed to see them on top its great to see a side that has struggled for a number of years on top, I hope they can keep going, especially for their faithful.

» Thurgoona 5 5 0 0 0 533 368 144.84% 20
» Kiewa Sandy Creek 5 4 1 0 0 535 273 195.97% 16
» Mitta United 5 4 1 0 0 550 384 143.23% 16
» Barnawartha 5 3 1 0 1 388 301 128.90% 16
» Chiltern 5 2 2 0 1 356 345 103.19% 12

» Beechworth 5 2 2 0 1 334 406 82.27% 12
» Yackandandah 5 2 3 0 0 411 405 101.48% 8
» Dederang Mt Beauty 5 2 3 0 0 437 482 90.66% 8
» Rutherglen 5 1 3 0 1 292 496 58.87% 8
» Wodonga Saints 5 0 4 0 1 224 417 53.72% 4
» Tallangatta 5 0 5 0 0 303 486 62.35% 0
space.gif

Is it too early to suggest that the top 5 will be fought out by the sides currently positioned 1st to 8th?
Rutherglen, Saints & Tallangatta will show some spirit, but ARE NOT in the mix IMO.
Crunch game for Dederang @ Barny this week, a win keeps them in the hunt, a loss would hurt them at this stage.
Same could be said for Beechworth who travel to the Kennel this week.
The other big game has to be Kiewa v Chiltern. The swans may sit 5th at the moment, but haven't found the going easy after losing several key players this season. Looms as danger game for Hawks, swans play Yack the following week and they may need to bag at least one win out of next two to remain in the hunt.

Was having an interesting conversation with a mate of mine who is obtaining his bookies ticket He has a pretty keen interest in sports betting so for a bit of fun he put together a book for the tallangatta league. Obviously you cannot bet on it but i think its interesting and a bit of fun.
Mitta 2.90
Barny/KSC 6.00
Yack 9.00
Chiltern 10.00
Thurgoona 12.00
Ded/ Beechworth 24.00
Rutherglen 32.00
Tallangatta 81.00
Saints 500.00
These odds are for the flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was having an interesting conversation with a mate of mine who is obtaining his bookies ticket He has a pretty keen interest in sports betting so for a bit of fun he put together a book for the tallangatta league. Obviously you cannot bet on it but i think its interesting and a bit of fun.
Mitta 2.90
Barny/KSC 6.00
Yack 9.00
Chiltern 10.00
Thurgoona 12.00
Ded/ Beechworth 24.00
Rutherglen 32.00
Tallangatta 81.00
Saints 500.00
See Hume league site-you and your mate milo will end up homeless

Mitta 2.90
Barny/KSC 6.00
Yack 9.00
Chiltern 10.00
Thurgoona 12.00
Ded/ Beechworth 24.00
Rutherglen 32.00
Tallangatta 81.00
Saints 500.00
Fair chance that will change just heard that Leigh Cameron has done a knee and could miss 6-12 weeks anyone confirm. Other injury news from what i hear is that Conway has done a calf. powell from yack a knee and that there were a couple of Ambo's called to Tallangatta yesterday.

Who is milo and if you do read the post it does say they are a bit of fun.
Milo is everyones pretend friend RHG.No problems with you having a bit of fun but do it with something you know something about-if you are going to stick your neck out;there's always a possibility it will get chopped off.Interesting news NOP;speaking to Big Al the ambos to tallangatta were for two Barny players knocked out cold for about 5 minutes after a paqck collision.Both boys discharged last night and are ok which is great news as was a pretty sickening collision.c

Fair chance that will change just heard that Leigh Cameron has done a knee and could miss 6-12 weeks anyone confirm. Other injury news from what i hear is that Conway has done a calf. powell from yack a knee and that there were a couple of Ambo's called to Tallangatta yesterday.

Spoke to him today he is pretty down and depressed, he is fearing the worst after all the trouble he has had with it. He said it felt like it dislocated which is what happened when he needed his reco and he also said this will make operation number 5 (if need be) on his right knee and if so he is going to pull the pin and pursue coaching

Spoke to him today he is pretty down and depressed, he is fearing the worst after all the trouble he has had with it. He said it felt like it dislocated which is what happened when he needed his reco and he also said this will make operation number 5 (if need be) on his right knee and if so he is going to pull the pin and pursue coaching
Thats terrible new for camo even though i am involved in another club you really don't like to see that to anyone lets hope it isn't as bad as he thinks and he can come back:thumbsu:

»
Rutherglen, Saints & Tallangatta will show some spirit, but ARE NOT in the mix IMO.

Rutherglen seem to have a jeckel and hyde personality atm, brilliant one week not so hot the next. While the score board would suggest a flogging Dederang were never really in control, the cats just ran out of legs in time on and were really punished, The only bright note of the day for Rutherglen was Cade O'Neil with 4

Thats terrible new for camo even though i am involved in another club you really don't like to see that to anyone lets hope it isn't as bad as he thinks and he can come back:thumbsu:

true NOP. play for opposition club also and you like to see the leagues best playing so i hope its not as bad as what it appears and he gets back to playing at some stage

Mitta df Yack by 40 pts
thur df chilt by 25 pts
rutherglen df DMB 10 pts
barny df tall by 45 pts

OK, benchy, point taken. I haven't been on the Doggies yet and it's affecting my tipping. I'm on this week. They might be the real deal.

Don't worry about the hoppers they'll be there abouts come finals time:thumbsu:

Hooky I think you may have been hooked, I don't think anyone is worrying mate. The only thing that will get the Hoppers up and running (I hate to say it) would be the mighty Culphmeister! Imagine, JC as your MC on the bus up to the Valley. He could generate enough excitement recalling his career highlights to inspire the passengers....."All aboard the C Train". Further more, he has always dreamt of the day he donned the national colors...."Green & Gold, aaahhh I've made it".
icon10.gif

Being an ex-Hopper, it is great to see such an active conference. However, it is a bit distressing to see them getting flogged every game. What is happening at Tallangatta? Did they recruit any decent players, or just Upper Murray blokes who are passed it or not good enough by the looks of it??

Also good to see Thurgoona at the top of the table. I have never seen that before. Geez, I remember they were happy to get within 20 goals of teams, well probably not happy, but that's about as close as they good get.

I also remember the away rooms at Barny. The worst I have seen I reckon, and have seen quite a few changerooms over the years in different leagues. Bethanga used to be the kinder!! hahaha.

Anyway guys, keep it up! :thumbsu:

well the doggies have done it again.....well doggies.....i think the dekka train is killing them.....all aboard......:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: what's happening out at chiltern.....a team full of stars again but just can't get it together......let's hope mitta are ready for finals because i can only see 2 good sides this season....one is the doggies and the 2nd is barny who are slowly building up another finals stint.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back