Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I started it, and have had back-up stories from other people and created a bit of a stir, but enough is enough. Can we stop the grog issue right here? I am sure we would all like to get back to footy talk, I apologise for raising the issue (seriously didn't think it would lead to an investigation!) it was not a cheap shot. If anything, just raising the awareness that it has taken place.
So in closing, Big Al, I cant wait to get to Barny on the 4th August and see a few great games of footy, and have a few froffies in the same room the Legendary Billy Brownless won you buggers $10,000.
Carn the Roos!

Agreed:thumbsu:

Agree with getting on to talk about footy, otherwise it will end up like the Picola League thread.
Tips for this week: (Don't listen to me tho, I'm going s***house)
Chiltern to beat Rutherglen by 32pts D Cassidy 9 goals
Yack to beat Beechworth 44pts Sypott b.o.g.
Mitta to beat Tallangatta 78pts with star recruit enjoying the Qld sun, whilst his teammates toil in the mud.
Barny to beat Saints by 58pts Hargreaves leather poisoning.
Kiewa to beat Thurgoona 23 pts McVean 8.

Good luck to all the teams it's been a great year for the League so far, if you're not on your game you'll get beat.

Nobody mentioned Thurgoona newbie. They've been talking about Barny and Franzy (god knows why). Couple of tips for you though:

1. Probably best to that you don't speak for everyone in future as they are more than capable of speaking for themselves.
2. Use spell check.
3. Check that Thurgoona don't actually have their own thread before telling them to get one.

Hope this helps.

My bad, probably the wrong time to stuff up, I was unaware of Thurgoona's thread. But I do know that a lot of readers are annoyed with some of the stupid comments made by the Thurgoona supports, maybe they should just keep it for their thread.

My bad, probably the wrong time to stuff up, I was unaware of Thurgoona's thread. But I do know that a lot of readers are annoyed with some of the stupid comments made by the Thurgoona supports, maybe they should just keep it for their thread.

You know do you? Do they all send you private messages just to make sure you're aware of it? Nobody has mentioned Thurgoona for a little while now apart from you. :thumbsdown:

b grade mate every one is sick of the thurgoona ruckus, but the clowns would want to b winning they hav dug deep into there pockets this yr 4 a few players, but after kiewa beat em this week i think they'll fall away. kiewa by 28pts

have thurgoona slipped back a year!!!! or were the conditions against them out at the tamgam paddock???? I see the saints toughed it out against barny!!!!!!! chilten got a win if you can call it that:D :D Are kiewa ready to go all the way ??????????

Weather conditions had nothing to do with Thurgoonas loss. Both team played in the same conditions, only light showers in the first half. Kiewa kick 18 goals to Thurgoonas 3. disapointing for a team that was on top of the ladder. Kiewa ground looking best it has in a few years. Kiewa are looking the goods considering Barber, Whitsted and Richardson are all still to come back into the side.

Weather conditions had nothing to do with Thurgoonas loss. Both team played in the same conditions, only light showers in the first half. Kiewa kick 18 goals to Thurgoonas 3. disapointing for a team that was on top of the ladder. Kiewa ground looking best it has in a few years. Kiewa are looking the goods considering Barber, Whitsted and Richardson are all still to come back into the side.

Kiewa trounced em. I ditched watching Wodonga to watch this one and was impressed with Kiewas small running brigade. Combine these young kids with hardness of Mcvean, Barber, Cameron, Sanday and Whitsead and they could pose a real threat come finals IF they can keep a full team on the paddock. Also must say the reputation Thurgoona had as being a hard nut team this year was blown out of the water Kiewa was as hard at the ball and the man as I have seen in a while and made Thurgoona look second rate....(and a special mention to number 15 for thurgoona, maybe you should worry bout getting a kick instead of trying to fight the runner)

Kiewa trounced em. I ditched watching Wodonga to watch this one and was impressed with Kiewas small running brigade. Combine these young kids with hardness of Mcvean, Barber, Cameron, Sanday and Whitsead and they could pose a real threat come finals IF they can keep a full team on the paddock. Also must say the reputation Thurgoona had as being a hard nut team this year was blown out of the water Kiewa was as hard at the ball and the man as I have seen in a while and made Thurgoona look second rate....(and a special mention to number 15 for thurgoona, maybe you should worry bout getting a kick instead of trying to fight the runner)

Full congrats to Kiewa for a great contest, of which Thurgoona got a bit of a "wake up" call. Can assure all teams in the TDFL, the "hard nut" team and it's reputation has not been blown out of the water, is just the fact it was beaten by a better side on the day who played the conditions and the ball better than Thurgoona.

P.S. At no stage was any player trying to fight the runner. As close as I was to the incident, the runner was at the coaches box and number 15 was 60m away. Yes, it may be true verbal conversations happened between both parties. In future make no special mentions unless you get your facts correct.:mad:

Full congrats to Kiewa for a great contest, of which Thurgoona got a bit of a "wake up" call. Can assure all teams in the TDFL, the "hard nut" team and it's reputation has not been blown out of the water, is just the fact it was beaten by a better side on the day who played the conditions and the ball better than Thurgoona.

P.S. At no stage was any player trying to fight the runner. As close as I was to the incident, the runner was at the coaches box and number 15 was 60m away. Yes, it may be true verbal conversations happened between both parties. In future make no special mentions unless you get your facts correct.:mad:

for ****s sake DD!, this site is for a bit of banter and to spread a bit of goss (sometimes true, sometimes a bit of embellishment) these threads don't need to be taken as gospel and will not be used in a Court of Law. If you read Maulers comment, he merely states, "a special mention to number 15".
after all its country footy! that stuff should happen, Runners of each club are generally former players not long out of the game and still wanna be amongst it, and if any players get caught up talkin' to the runner, then "sucked in" is the term used.

well done to Albert Park on tipping all winners!!! margins were not too far off either! well, not too far!
with a well deserved break for all this week, i have looked at the draw and can see some real defining games up ahead. Yack Vs Kiewa, Dederang Vs Saints(one will be knocked out of any potential they have for 5th, the other hangs on, just). then after that, Thurgoona Vs Yack, and Thurgoona Barny the week after! could see some movements in the top 5!

well done to Albert Park on tipping all winners!!! margins were not too far off either! well, not too far!
with a well deserved break for all this week, i have looked at the draw and can see some real defining games up ahead. Yack Vs Kiewa, Dederang Vs Saints(one will be knocked out of any potential they have for 5th, the other hangs on, just). then after that, Thurgoona Vs Yack, and Thurgoona Barny the week after! could see some movements in the top 5!

Why, thank you MTAG, must admit my tipping form has been a long time coming. Dogs were due to lose one and Kiewa at home always tough, and a game sandwiched between 2 byes for the Dogs. Chiltern easily accounted for the Cats, things not good at Catland. Saints really competitive against flag fancies Barny so you need to be on your game to beat them. The other interesting result I thought was Yack & Beechworth. I keep hearing that Yack are going to be good when they get all their players back, but when will that be ? You are right MTAG, next few rounds will be vital. The other interesting question is: Which clubs will top up their playing lists before 30 June ??? Any rumours out there ?

Why, thank you MTAG, must admit my tipping form has been a long time coming. Dogs were due to lose one and Kiewa at home always tough, and a game sandwiched between 2 byes for the Dogs. Chiltern easily accounted for the Cats, things not good at Catland. Saints really competitive against flag fancies Barny so you need to be on your game to beat them. The other interesting result I thought was Yack & Beechworth. I keep hearing that Yack are going to be good when they get all their players back, but when will that be ? You are right MTAG, next few rounds will be vital. The other interesting question is: Which clubs will top up their playing lists before 30 June ??? Any rumours out there ?

As a former cats player very disheartening to see how they have shaped up this year. Unfortunately since this is country footy you cant really say this is the year they had to have (As in AFL=Draft picks). Hopefully next year they will have a bit better go in the recruiting area as you cant lose 6-7 out of the top 10 in the previous years B&F, not replace them and expect to be thereabouts come finals. Good luck to the boys for the rest of the year and maybe they will be back up there next year!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a former cats player very disheartening to see how they have shaped up this year. Unfortunately since this is country footy you cant really say this is the year they had to have (As in AFL=Draft picks). Hopefully next year they will have a bit better go in the recruiting area as you cant lose 6-7 out of the top 10 in the previous years B&F, not replace them and expect to be thereabouts come finals. Good luck to the boys for the rest of the year and maybe they will be back up there next year!!!

AP, your question is a good one. the Yack boys beat the Bushrangers on Saturday (without too much effort) and did not have Simon Dale, Josh Kelly or Daniel Powell playing. Let's hope the Roos get those blokes back for the big clash against Kiewa. It will attract a great crowd at Roo Park as we have a Past Players Re-union that night too. Plenty of old blokes in the crowd to watch the boys take on old rivals Kiewa.

too right Newblood, very disappointing to see Ben Davis and Jules Day have to keep backing up week after week and the team get beat (yes, there have been other contributors Cats supporters) but those two blokes have been standouts. Unfortunately for Ben, due to Rutherglen not winning games, he may be robbed of a 2nd Barton Medal. I was told that the Coach did not do too much in regards to recruiting this year and the players that did sign up were recruited by Davis and Day.

Davis yes, but a quetion mark still over Julian Day inconsistent at best. Very true about losing 6-7 of the better players mostly midfielders too, which is where they are losing there way. The way money has been splashed around to pretenders for the last 4 years id say this year is one that was needed, acouple of positives for Rutherglen is the from of locals Grant Steed, Brent Flannery and the return to the club of Adam Pinn never seemed to find a place but has found some form of recent weeks

Davis yes, but a quetion mark still over Julian Day inconsistent at best. Very true about losing 6-7 of the better players mostly midfielders too, which is where they are losing there way. The way money has been splashed around to pretenders for the last 4 years id say this year is one that was needed, acouple of positives for Rutherglen is the from of locals Grant Steed, Brent Flannery and the return to the club of Adam Pinn never seemed to find a place but has found some form of recent weeks

Its about time pinny started to play good footy , cant say he did much at barny.

Dave Paton kicked 8 goals last week and was named best for Uni Blues in A grade ammos this week. With Uni holidays coming up Mitta have him in top form when he gets home.

Who would you say were the pretenders...obviously winmar wasnt the best for the club. Brent Flannery played every game last year. Not the most talented footballer but does his job almost every week. Steedy can be a good backman but as people who know him would attest to he just thinks too much. Great with stats but....

Its about time pinny started to play good footy , cant say he did much at barny.

Always had talent just has never seemed interested, maybe afew years not playing sorted him out,

As for the pretenders there are many and i choose not to shame them publicly. And yes steedy is great with stats and been rock solid this year, very underated considering hes played about 80 odd games at senior level

AP, your question is a good one. the Yack boys beat the Bushrangers on Saturday (without too much effort) and did not have Simon Dale, Josh Kelly or Daniel Powell playing. Let's hope the Roos get those blokes back for the big clash against Kiewa. It will attract a great crowd at Roo Park as we have a Past Players Re-union that night too. Plenty of old blokes in the crowd to watch the boys take on old rivals Kiewa.quote]

MTAG, what was the go with Glenn Sypott's clearance application to Coleraine a couple of weeks ago ?

AP, your question is a good one. the Yack boys beat the Bushrangers on Saturday (without too much effort) and did not have Simon Dale, Josh Kelly or Daniel Powell playing. Let's hope the Roos get those blokes back for the big clash against Kiewa. It will attract a great crowd at Roo Park as we have a Past Players Re-union that night too. Plenty of old blokes in the crowd to watch the boys take on old rivals Kiewa.quote]

MTAG, what was the go with Glenn Sypott's clearance application to Coleraine a couple of weeks ago ?

That was the weekend Yack got beat by Saints if i recall? (not that i want to) but he had his cousins 21st on and still wanted to have a kick, so he played a game down there (i think! not 100% sure if he did play)
he is a great player though loves a couple of ales! just what you want in a recruit isn't it!

What is going on with this site. Thurgoona get smashed one week and the site crashes. We need to get on with it. Franzey, lift the spirits of the lads, come on, show some of that red nut spirit. Get the boys motivated to start typing again. Calling all FOT's, get the TDFL Website up and going again.

I wish to apologise for my long absence, been busy courting a young lass from Mount Benambra, top sort I must say, a bit hairy yes, but natural, I like that:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Does this make Kiewa the side to beat?

What is going on with this site. Thurgoona get smashed one week and the site crashes. We need to get on with it. Franzey, lift the spirits of the lads, come on, show some of that red nut spirit. Get the boys motivated to start typing again. Calling all FOT's, get the TDFL Website up and going again.

I wish to apologise for my long absence, been busy courting a young lass from Mount Benambra, top sort I must say, a bit hairy yes, but natural, I like that:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Does this make Kiewa the side to beat?

Has gonne very quite hey MM, looks like Kiewa are the team - good talls, quick and play a running game suited to Sandy Creek ground, looking ta results if they get on top early they are hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back