Tallangatta League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on a more positive note, the finals are apporaching (as everybody is well aware) and the big question is....... can somebody challenge Mitta? I must admit that it would be nice to see another club get the choccies in 2007.

WHAT WILL WORK IN FAVOUR
Kiewa-Sandy Creek: Strong playing list with significant depth. Very quick and hard working. When the hawks get on a roll they generally make the most of their momentum:
Mitta: Proven track record of just lifting a notch or 2 in the 2nd half of the season (as the past 3 premierships would suggest). A very even and well balanced outfit.
Thurgoona: Have preformed particuarly well most of the season and have some very skilful players accross the board. Also, after years in the doldrums they will undoubtably be very enthusiastic to make an impression.
Barnawartha: A very strong midfield and forward line. In my opinion, the tigers are a smokey.
Chiltern: I doubt that they can cause too many problems. Their best hope is if Andrews is able to get his hands on the pill and put a few through the big sticks.
Beechworth: They have been very impressive since Halliday returned to he club and will take in plenty of form and confidence if they can make it. Halliday and Allen are both very potent forwards while Surrey has been a consistant midfielder. Will need Rutherglen to beat Chiltern this weekend.

WHAT WILL WORK AGAINST
KSC: Cameron is a very good player but Im sure he would love get his leg completely right to maximise his output. Although he is still contributing significantly i wouldnt be surprised if he was wondering just what he would be capable of if he had not had that injury that threatened his season.
Mitta: Arrogance or underrating their opponents. Do appear the have the edge over fellow contender KSC with 2 wins against them but the Hawks may not have put all their cards on the table.
Thurgoona: Just seem to be losing momentum at the wrong time.
Barnawartha: Unless they can sneak a win over Kiewa this weekend (or Wodonga Sainst upsets Thurgoona) it looks like they may have to come from the Elimination final.
Chiltern: Too much reliance on too few
Beechworth: Despite being in good form they may have left it too late. Not only do they need Rutherglen to beat Chiltern, but they also require a massive win over Tallangatta to catch up on alot of percentage and snatch an unliekly birth.[/quote]

U R OBVIOUSLY A 1 EYED KIEWA MAN, THERE IS NO WAY KIEWA HAVE DEPTH, I AM JUST AMAZED HOW U COULD SAY THAT. KIEWA HAVE SUM ABSOLUTE SPADGERS RUNNING ROUND IN THIER SIDE ON A SATURDAY AND I BELIEVE THAT IS GOING TO COST THEM.

BUT I SUPPOSE EVERY1 HAS THEIR OPINIONS.

GOOD CALL ON MITTA THOUGH THEY R JUST ARROGANT FOOLS. ALSO BARNY DO HAVE A GOOD FORWARD LINE WHICH WILL NEED A FEW GOOD BACKMEN 2 STOP. THEIR CENTRE LINE IS OK I SUPPOSE.

People are writing off the mighty dogs already, but we are gunna surprise thew whole bunch of you's, rise up and take the flag...I hear franzee is gunna be offered $500 a game to stay at thurgonna next year. I think he might stay now.....hehehehe,
Franzee over and out

on a more positive note, the finals are apporaching (as everybody is well aware) and the big question is....... can somebody challenge Mitta? I must admit that it would be nice to see another club get the choccies in 2007.

WHAT WILL WORK IN FAVOUR
Kiewa-Sandy Creek: Strong playing list with significant depth. Very quick and hard working. When the hawks get on a roll they generally make the most of their momentum:
Mitta: Proven track record of just lifting a notch or 2 in the 2nd half of the season (as the past 3 premierships would suggest). A very even and well balanced outfit.
Thurgoona: Have preformed particuarly well most of the season and have some very skilful players accross the board. Also, after years in the doldrums they will undoubtably be very enthusiastic to make an impression.
Barnawartha: A very strong midfield and forward line. In my opinion, the tigers are a smokey.
Chiltern: I doubt that they can cause too many problems. Their best hope is if Andrews is able to get his hands on the pill and put a few through the big sticks.
Beechworth: They have been very impressive since Halliday returned to he club and will take in plenty of form and confidence if they can make it. Halliday and Allen are both very potent forwards while Surrey has been a consistant midfielder. Will need Rutherglen to beat Chiltern this weekend.

WHAT WILL WORK AGAINST
KSC: Cameron is a very good player but Im sure he would love get his leg completely right to maximise his output. Although he is still contributing significantly i wouldnt be surprised if he was wondering just what he would be capable of if he had not had that injury that threatened his season.
Mitta: Arrogance or underrating their opponents. Do appear the have the edge over fellow contender KSC with 2 wins against them but the Hawks may not have put all their cards on the table.
Barnawartha: Unless they can sneak a win over Kiewa this weekend (or Wodonga Sainst upsets Thurgoona) it looks like they may have to come from the Elimination final.
Beechworth: Despite being in good form they may have left it too late. Not only do they need Rutherglen to beat Chiltern, but they also require a massive win over Tallangatta to catch up on alot of percentage and snatch an unliekly birth.

U R OBVIOUSLY A 1 EYED KIEWA MAN, THERE IS NO WAY KIEWA HAVE DEPTH, I AM JUST AMAZED HOW U COULD SAY THAT. KIEWA HAVE SUM ABSOLUTE SPADGERS RUNNING ROUND IN THIER SIDE ON A SATURDAY AND I BELIEVE THAT IS GOING TO COST THEM.

GOOD CALL ON MITTA THOUGH THEY R JUST ARROGANT FOOLS. ALSO BARNY DO HAVE A GOOD FORWARD LINE WHICH WILL NEED A FEW GOOD BACKMEN 2 STOP. THEIR CENTRE LINE IS OK I SUPPOSE.

People are writing off the mighty dogs already, but we are gunna surprise thew whole bunch of you's, rise up and take the flag...I hear franzee is gunna be offered $500 a game to stay at thurgonna next year. I think he might stay now.....hehehehe,
Franzee over and out[/QUOTE]
Franzee.....Just to set the record straight. I am NOT affilliated with Kiewa in any way, shape or form.

I am not even affilliated with any of the clubs that are going to be participating in the senior footy finals. So I would like to think that my considered opinion is free from any bias.

If I was to make a comment on the A grade netball. B grade netball or the Under 14s footy finals - where I am confident the mighty Rutherglen Cats can get the job done - then that could be considered "bias".

Im guessing that the angry yelling (as is implied by the use of UPPER CASE) is a side effect of the red strands infultrating some brain cells (dont worry....i actually have nothing against red-heads).

Interesting that you dismiss some of the Kiewa players as "spadgers". I see they have fixed up the doggies convincingly on both occaisions during 2008.

To tell you the truth, I have not written the dogs off at all. As I said, they have had a terriffic season so far and have some very skilful players at their disposal (including the red-headed Franz). They have an opportunity to wrestle back some precious lost momentum this week against saints and if they can do that then who knows what they are capable of. I am fully aware that they have beaten Mitta this season so they may match up better against the mountain men than people think

WHAT WILL WORK IN FAVOUR

WHAT WILL WORK AGAINST
Beechworth: Despite being in good form they may have left it too late. Not only do they need Rutherglen to beat Chiltern, but they also require a massive win over Tallangatta to catch up on alot of percentage and snatch an unliekly birth.

Franzee over and out[/QUOTE]
Kiewa have no depth and a few spadgers do they Franz, well mate the game i saw was the total opposite, maybe you need to have a good look at yourself buddy. Ya two's got smashed and so did your ones, so you tell me who has no depth !! To me looking from the outside they have good depth with there senior team on top and there reserve team 2nd on the ladder, maybe you are jealous because Thurgoona are the one's with spadgers running round mate, especially soft blokes like yourself who pull out of contests cause there going to get hurt if it is you. It was the softest thing i have seen in football in a cpl of years, maybe if you had put your body on the line your team could of grown legs but after seeing that and a few other little things during the game i came to the conclusion that Thurgoona are SOFT mate, take it or leave it, you ask anyone who was at that game, you will get the same answer.....

Franzee over and out
Kiewa have no depth and a few spadgers do they Franz, well mate the game i saw was the total opposite, maybe you need to have a good look at yourself buddy. Ya two's got smashed and so did your ones, so you tell me who has no depth !! To me looking from the outside they have good depth with there senior team on top and there reserve team 2nd on the ladder, maybe you are jealous because Thurgoona are the one's with spadgers running round mate, especially soft blokes like yourself who pull out of contests cause there going to get hurt if it is you. It was the softest thing i have seen in football in a cpl of years, maybe if you had put your body on the line your team could of grown legs but after seeing that and a few other little things during the game i came to the conclusion that Thurgoona are SOFT mate, take it or leave it, you ask anyone who was at that game, you will get the same answer.....[/quote]
You last two blokes need to relax i think you'll find he through a line out and a couple got hooked. Tell me the situations in which you would call thurgoona blokes soft. Yeah one guy pulled out of a contest but give me others and names i'd be interested to know! I'm not going to comment on Kiewa as them and us seem to have a good rapport and they have smashed us both times we have played them, so why would we comment. Some blokes need to take this as the light hearted banter it is sometimes and just relax a bit.

Franzee over and out
Kiewa have no depth and a few spadgers do they Franz, well mate the game i saw was the total opposite, maybe you need to have a good look at yourself buddy. Ya two's got smashed and so did your ones, so you tell me who has no depth !! To me looking from the outside they have good depth with there senior team on top and there reserve team 2nd on the ladder, maybe you are jealous because Thurgoona are the one's with spadgers running round mate, especially soft blokes like yourself who pull out of contests cause there going to get hurt if it is you. It was the softest thing i have seen in football in a cpl of years, maybe if you had put your body on the line your team could of grown legs but after seeing that and a few other little things during the game i came to the conclusion that Thurgoona are SOFT mate, take it or leave it, you ask anyone who was at that game, you will get the same answer.....[/quote]

I have no connection with Thurgoona apart from watching the majority of there home games but i'll throw a few names towards you and you tell me if you can honestly say these guys are soft. Gunn, Alston, Watson, Wightman, James, any of the 3 Toons, Miller, Payne, Mccready, Harmer. From the games i've seen these blokes don't back away from contests.

Side note- Wahgunyah FC apply to join TDFL again tonight. Hearing set down for CDFL clubs to grant Wahgunyah & Jerilderie an out from the comp.If not successfull they will obviously appeal to NSW/ACT, where I'm led to believe both clubs WILL be cleared and therefor spell the inevitable end of the CDFL!

Can't believe you guys actually think it's Shane Franz on here..............
Of course I know that it is merely somebody taking on the personna of S.Franz (and not the great man himself).

But you must admit that this TDFL thread has been alot more potent in the past week or so.....you surely must agree that this is a good thing?

The recent back and forth chatter is good-natured harmless fun and in my opinion makes the whole thing much more interesting.

Of course I know that it is merely somebody taking on the personna of S.Franz (and not the great man himself).

But you must admit that this TDFL thread has been alot more potent in the past week or so.....you surely must agree that this is a good thing?

The recent back and forth chatter is good-natured harmless fun and in my opinion makes the whole thing much more interesting.

someone better tell the real Shane Franz to load up on the zinc and sunscreen over the next few weeks! seeing as though the pasty skinned FOT has never experienced September action at Sandy Creek, it would be wise to alert him.

Interested to know who will win clubs B&F this year.

i will have a go Big Al!

Kiewa- WINNER Rhodes, RUNNER UP Sutherland
Mitta- Fraser , one of the Nelson's
Beechworth- Surrey, G Pritchard
Rutherglen- Davis, Day
Yack- Clayton, Hay
Barny- Hargreaves, Rogers
DMB- Mounsey, Gentile
Thurgoona- Hunter, Murray
Tallangatta- Strachan, Hower
Chiltern- Ladgrove, Brand

i will have a go Big Al!

Kiewa- WINNER Rhodes, RUNNER UP Sutherland
Mitta- Fraser , one of the Nelson's
Beechworth- Surrey, G Pritchard
Rutherglen- Davis, Day
Yack- Clayton, Hay
Barny- Hargreaves, Rogers,
DMB- Mounsey, Gentile
Thurgoona- Hunter, Murray
Tallangatta- Strachan, Hower
Chiltern- Ladgrove, Brand

Ill have a go too!!
Barton - Semmler and Rhodes to tie, Murray runner up.

Kiewa - Rhodes, Sutherland.
Mitta - Cohen, Fraser, Nelson.
Beechworth - Pritchard.
Rutherglen - Davis, Day.
Yack - Clayton, Purcell, Powell.
Barny - Semmler, Rogers, Hargreaves.
DMB - Dicketts, Jason 'Undies' Gentile.
Thurgoona - Murray, Hunter, Wightman.
Tallangatta - Strachan, Policha.
Chiltern - Ladgrove, Dickins, Cassidy.
Saints - Star, Vardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill have a go too!!

Beechworth - Pritchard.
Rutherglen - Davis, Day.
Saints - Star, Vardy.
Thats not bad i think Brenton Surrey will go close at Beechworth and maybe Butler or Jones at Mitta. I'd throw in Reece Tanner or Chris Moscher or Paul Tucker at Thurgoona, Maybe Mounsey at DMB rest will be pretty close. I think the Barton medal might be closer then we think with Semmler, Rhodes, Hunter and Davis my top 4

Interested to know who will win clubs B&F this year.

KSC: Rhodes, Knight, Sutherland. (Close top 2)
Mitta: Beggs, Nelson, Nelson. (Close top 8)
Bar: Semmler, Hargreaves, Rogers. (Easy)
Thu: Wightman, Moscher, Tanner. (Close)
Chi: Dickens, Ladgrove, Andrews. (Close top 2 then daylight)
Bee: Surrey, Sugars, G Pritchard. (Easy)
DMB: Gentile, Mounsey, Dicketts. (Close, Dicketts late run)
Yack: Hay, Pulla, Clayton. (Those 3 then daylight)
Ruth: Davis, Thomson, Day. (Easy)
WS: Ryan, Butters, Star. (Big lead early)
Tall: Coysh, McGuire, Bird. (No idea)

Ill have a go too!!

Beechworth - Pritchard.
Rutherglen - Davis, Day.
Saints - Star, Vardy.
KITM why "undies" Gentile?

Geez Al, who came up with the formula of switching your side around for the newspaper ?
FB line: Hollard, West, Leahy.
FF line: Jackson, Brown, Fairall.
Kiewa will never work that out !

Thats not bad i think Brenton Surrey will go close at Beechworth and maybe Butler or Jones at Mitta. I'd throw in Reece Tanner or Chris Moscher or Paul Tucker at Thurgoona, Maybe Mounsey at DMB rest will be pretty close. I think the Barton medal might be closer then we think with Semmler, Rhodes, Hunter and Davis my top 4
You do have to remember that the award in the BMM is selected by the timekeepers so although those high in the votes may well figure prominately-clubs don't always put their sharpest footy brain up in the timekeepers box.I think Semmler will win due to the combination he has had a ver good season in addition with the fact he also has a profile.The men in white(or orange)may have taken a while to catch onto the footy Rhodes was playing and Davis and Ladgrove may not have played in enough winning sides to get the maximum votes at times.Will also be of interest the"team of the year" announced on Monday night.Club B&Fs also will have a lot to do on how clubs hand out vote cards (ie.does it go to old mate on the hill who slams 10 cans into his face or does the coaching staff do it)Their will certainly be some close counts.
DMB-Mounsey
CHILT-Wood
BARNY-Semmler
TALL-Hower
THURG-Hunter
KSC-Rhodes
MITTA-Cohen
RUTH-Davis
YACK-Clayton
SAINTS-Star
BEECH-Allen

Geez Al, who came up with the formula of switching your side around for the newspaper ?
FB line: Hollard, West, Leahy.
FF line: Jackson, Brown, Fairall.
Kiewa will never work that out !

Didn't even see that, but agree either Boney is struggling up stairs if he couldn't work that out or Barny have made some whole range changes.:D

Big Al, interested to see how your rankings list compares with what happens with the clubs B+F counts.
Care to indulge us Big Al?

Jack Rhodes 85 Kiewa
Jake Mounsey 79 Dederang
Brenton Surrey 76 Beechworth
Travis Knight 71 Kiewa
Martin Semmler 70 Barny
Ashley Sutherland 67 Kiewa
Brett Wightman 64 Thurgoona
Danny Hargreaves 61 Barny
Daniel Ladgrove 56 Chiltern
Jason Gentile 53 Dederang

Other clubs top ranked player

11. Ben Davis 53 Rutherglen
21. James Ryan 44 Wodonga Saints
22. Steven Pulla 43 Yackandandah
24. Alex Beggs 42 Mitta
39. Brad McGuire 31 Tallangatta

Like to know what others think of "stacking" the 2's to make sure a reserve side wins in order to get into finals, whilst the senior team has no chance.

not sure if you can stack a seconds side this time of the year!!!! the only club which i can think of is maybe tallangatta...the only reason is that they have had alot of players in and out this year and not to many would over quailfy.But funny you say something doggie defender i was talking to chiltern 2's coach he was saying that they have to win by at least 2 goals or more or it's mad monday this week...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back