Tambling v Roughead/Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

It probably says more about where Richmond are at, but he actually got in their best players.

Which was a shock in itself. Such an average thinker and user of the ball. And his padded stats look nice but he's about as damaging as a wet tissue.
How did he ever come to be known pre-draft as the 'greatest talent that NT has ever produced'?

I'll say it again, MODS, please leave this thread, even if only as a lesson for future visits from muppet supporters.

It probably says more about where Richmond are at, but he actually got in their best players.

Which was a shock in itself. Such an average thinker and user of the ball. And his padded stats look nice but he's about as damaging as a wet tissue.
How did he ever come to be known pre-draft as the 'greatest talent that NT has ever produced'?

I'll say it again, MODS, please leave this thread, even if only as a lesson for future visits from muppet supporters.

Reckon Hardwick would settle for a wet tissue at this stage. Least you can build a team around one.

Absolutely agree.
It's like a monument to stupidity, and it should be remembered as such. Actually, in my books, it's in esteemed company, and reminds me of the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea.

ryugyong-hotel-lg.jpg

Hardly a thriving tourist destination, but some genius dictator decided it was the perfect location to build the world's tallest hotel with 105 floors.

Building started in 1987 but was halted in 1992 because they ran out of rat meat with which to feed the workers. And it stood tall, without windows and interior fittings, for the next 16 years, a monument to stupidity.

Then, in 2008, construction resumed on the 360,000 square meter monstrosity, thus further compounding the profound idiocy of the whole enterprise.

Next time you're down in Pyongyang, check it out, failing that, visit this thread.

Damn...

I didn't join Big Footy until Sept 2009. This thread makes me wish I had joined 3 months earlier and been able to respond at the time.

Last night Buddy was brought off at 3/4 time, whilst in a heroic effort, TAMBLING was able to run out the game. I guess he is better...

I wonder what went through richo1982's mind when TAMBLING refused to go back with the flight and stop ROUGHIE marking when surrounded by 6 tiger players???

I guess (using this same methodology) that Tom MURPHY is better than TAMBLING as he went back with the flight of the ball all night... Who would have thought MURPHY was better that BUDDY & ROUGHIE???

Yeh I know it's not conclusive, but the fact he is scoring more champion data points than both of them is extremely interesting.

You guys might have stuffed up and should have got Tambling instead of Roughead. .

This needs to be reiterated ...

:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: What an idiot! I would say Buddy's Coleman medal and both of their premiership medals outweigh only slightly the 82 champion data pts...some people are just confused with life.
It's good for a laugh!
At least Tambling is still on your list. Let's not talk about Mitch Thorp...

Its all a bit tired really.

Threads like this don't do Tambling any favours, which is unfortunate for him, as he deserves credit for showing such strong improvement in 2009 when his team was struggling so badly overall.

Tambling needs to be seen for what he can bring to the Tigers, not for how he compares to draftee alumni from other clubs.

Tambling is not the worst player going around.

His problem is that he was selected too high in the draft by the most self interested, selfish, money hungry and fake tanned coach to have ever coached in the AFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its all a bit tired really.

Threads like this don't do Tambling any favours, which is unfortunate for him, as he deserves credit for showing such strong improvement in 2009 when his team was struggling so badly overall.

Tambling needs to be seen for what he can bring to the Tigers, not for how he compares to draftee alumni from other clubs.

AGREE

It's more the pressure of the player/s that have stood out that were picked directly after him.

Had we picked Buddy with pick 2, it may well be a totally different story.[/quote]

Don't believe that was ever in the equation.

Actually I think that tambling v hawks in tassie nab game 2010 was the worst game of footy I have almost ever seen by anyone.

I think Tambling would be career over if he wasnt pick four.

Rihmond have only persisted out of dumb stubborness rather than admit they got it wrong.

tYPICAL rICHMOND.

Everytime he got it he turned it over, kicked it out on the full or just found some new as unthoughT of way to stuff up.

He had three or four average games of 20 ish touchs LAST YEAR and thats it in how many years?

He will have to pick up his form or be de listed next year.

I cant see any other clubs taking him.

The problem with Tambling is that if he were a Pick 40, or even a Pick 20 - he'd be widely lauded as a solid pick.

It's just the pressure that comes with being a top pick - and personally, I feel sorry for him ...
Bingo & all top 10 draftees every year will go through the same thing when & if they dont live up to the expectation placed on Top draft picks

I wish our friend Richo82 comes back as I really feel like a laugh. Sadly somehow I don't think we'll be seeing the oxygen theif around these parts in the near future.

This could nearly be moved to the "Questions that dont warrant a thread" thread! Atleast we dont have the "Could Thorp play down back" thread anymore which is a plus I suppose! :rolleyes:

I wish our friend Richo82 comes back as I really feel like a laugh. Sadly somehow I don't think we'll be seeing the oxygen theif around these parts in the near future.

You need to be understanding of the mindset of Richmond supporters back then. They were conned by the greatest snake oil salesman the AFL had seen since Kevin Sheedy, and were totally convinced Wallace was the Messiah.

I feel sorry for them now, as history tells us Wallace had a more devasting affect on the club than we first imagined, but I didn't feel sorry for them at the time because they got what they deseved.

If Terry said Richmond had a better list than the Hawks, and Tambling was a better player than Roughead and Franklin, then he had to be right, didn't he?

The poor fools never understood they had been conned into a 5 year appointment because Wallace convinced them the Hawks were interested in signing him as well, which we weren't.

I'm still laughing at Terry coming out after 3 years of his all conquering 5 year deal and announcing the club needed to rebuild. He'd completely wasted 3 years!!!

Terry Wallace has always been the most self-centred person I've known through football, even more so than Fevola, and he has always paid the price for his "It's all about me" attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tambling v Roughead/Franklin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back