Target 90,000 for Friday Night at the G, Pies vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's doable, so let's make it happen.

MCC's gotta lift once again, ditto AFL Members.

And to anyone who already has tickets, don't contemplate wasting them!

Going to be a ripper of a match, let's try and pack out the MCG! Carna Pies!

Better tell the MCC to turn up then, because their area is the only place in the whole ground which never looks full in Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon games. They should have to pre book their attendance so the MCC can cut off more areas for general admission depending on how many say they are turning up.

Hawkk, do you really reckon it was all those neutrals who were turned away in 1995?

And if you're a person who likes their footy, and has a sense of occasion (Pies vs Dons, let's get serious), and you're an MCC member, why not use the privilage?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCC members = neutral fans (the point of this thread)

The very fact that a 'Target 90,000' thread is on the main board suggests rallying up supporters for the supposed 2 'biggest' clubs wankfest

You wouldn't be jealous would you Hawkk?

You also seem to find a way to bring down big games or games in general not involving hawthorn

This is still a big game. Is of most importence of any. Both teams vying for 4th. Bulldogs vs Hawks aint as big as i feel dogs have 3rd spot close to sewn up. Bigger game for Hawks as they must win to even have a place in the 8. I think they will miss out anyway. Plus it seems predictable the Dogs will roll them.

However it is harder to get a gauge on Bombers Vs Pies. This game is vital for both. 50-50. The Cats-Saints game is the one to watch for pure football only. Will be the best teams playing but of little importance in the overall context. If you want to see football at its highest level ever in a H&A game. Cats and Saints is it. Pies and Bombers though is very imporant.

very good thread. i think it's doable. MCC section should definitely be required to pre-book to allow more seating to be freed up for general admin in these situations. i think a lot of people don't go to games like this cause they think there won't be any 3 or 4 seat spaces left in general admin by they time they can turn up. and then they look over the ground to the members' side and see thousands of free seats. it seems a pretty silly system to me.
but then, maybe i'm just jealous im not an MCC member :D

i'm pretty nervous about this game. will be tough to win. we don't seem to do that well against essendon in games that aren't anzac day.

It's doable, so let's make it happen.

MCC's gotta lift once again, ditto AFL Members.

And to anyone who already has tickets, don't contemplate wasting them!

Going to be a ripper of a match, let's try and pack out the MCG! Carna Pies!

Won't happen. Weather forecast is for storms - MCC stands will not fill with those old buggers staying home to watch it on the telly. Expect half empty MCC section. :p

Been like that for decades.

will be a similar crowd as to last friday night
hopefully the MCC repeat what they did last friday night and open up those 2 bays in the top deck to general admin like they should.

They should open up 4 bays this week, but they wont

Id love a crowd of 90k, but im expecting 85 max

hopefully the MCC repeat what they did last friday night and open up those 2 bays in the top deck to general admin like they should.

How would we know if they open the MCC area?

Better tell the MCC to turn up then, because their area is the only place in the whole ground which never looks full in Carlton/Collingwood/Essendon games. They should have to pre book their attendance so the MCC can cut off more areas for general admission depending on how many say they are turning up.

Yep the MCC members will no doubt pull the attendence down as usual.I only hope the AFL keeps the pressure on this selfish mob to do the right thing!

Still all the other football codes can only dream about 80,000 plus for home and away games.

I noticed people sitting up there too, do they only open that up to the public for games that aren't 'sold out' before the night? For the Blues v Tigers game round 1 and Cats v Hawks last year there were about 4 bays in the Ponsford that were almost completely empty

MCC members = neutral fans (the point of this thread) ...
So, you don't think any MCC members barrack for either Collingwood or Essendon, genius.
I noticed people sitting up there too, do they only open that up to the public for games that aren't 'sold out' before the night? For the Blues v Tigers game round 1 and Cats v Hawks last year there were about 4 bays in the Ponsford that were almost completely empty
Yes - strange but true. The best way of getting a massive H&A MCG crowd is to NOT sell it out - and get a big walk up crowd which forces the MCC to open up more of its reserve in the Ponsford Stand.</p></p></p>

How would we know if they open the MCC area?

When you look up and see that it's not empty. :rolleyes:

You can forget about the St Kilda Geelong game, which is only big because of the curiosity factor.

Essendon vs Collingwood is desperation stuff, revenge is sweet for the Magpies, and confidence building and finals berth for the Bombers. This is a traditional rivalry that has gone on for I don't know how long (can't remember really). It doesn't matter where these two teams are on the ladder, near the bottom a couple of years ago, and it still attracted more than any Geelong vs St Kilda game ever would or did. This is the real deal; miss it and weep. Even the Carlton supporters would be more interested in this game; they will just boo both teams. :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Target 90,000 for Friday Night at the G, Pies vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back