Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Pies v Bombers Fri July 5th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to beat a Pies side finally, although I know we got them at a good time. Don’t expect us to worry to many sides going forward, we have a lot of improvement to do.
Can you be any more depressingly morbid for Christ sakes?

Enjoy the victory. That was a supreme, brutal affair that required full commitment to the ball..and we out worked them in the second half at ground level, won the ball and delivered goals and scraped through.

Best effort by this EFC crew this year.

Last edited:

Funniest thing is, if Essendon win the Pies are likely out of the 8 by the weekend.

Will mean Essendon still would not have been anyone in the 8 this year...haha.

WB or GWS likely in for Coll to be out…..

WB or GWS likely in for Coll to be out…..
It's a bit of banter but you might well be right.

We don't want GWS in there tomorrow though....haha.

Ok, just checked. GWS 50/50 being in Sydney, Dogs heading to Adelaide to play Port, another 50/50. GC playing North, so they could be the one's in.

Anyway, good win.

And yet there don't appear to be any supporters of either club in the top 15 contributors 😆
No that would be north fans death riding Benny McKay. What a pick up he’s been . Worth more than he’s getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yeah Brissie could make the 4, but still not convinced by them. Sydney, Carlton, Fremantle, Essendon my predicted top 4.

Yeah should be like 13th or something by rights, but yeah, they look cooked.
Yes, been mentally hard to the Pies for 3 years with all those comebacks. Mentally catching up now. Still, they have their flag. Brissie haven't been that convincing compared to other years but in such a weak year it could well be enough for top 4.

As a Carlton supporter I pray for those 3rds and 4ths....haha.

I feel like his leadership qualities this year have improved dramatically, he’s been brilliant so far this season
His biggest issue was previously he'd try to bring teammates into the play by giving handballs that weren't there. He's now starting to select the best option more often and back himself to execute

Yes, been mentally hard to the Pies for 3 years with all those comebacks. Mentally catching up now. Still, they have their flag. Brissie haven't been that convincing compared to other years but in such a weak year it could well be enough for top 4.

As a Carlton supporter I pray for those 3rds and 4ths....haha.
The run had to end sometime..

If it's not Sydney, Brisbane or GWS, I wouldn't mind Carlton or Essendon to win the flag, been a long time between drinks...

His biggest issue was previously he'd try to bring teammates into the play by giving handballs that weren't there. He's now starting to select the best option more often and back himself to execute
Merrett used to go chasing possessions behind the ball which looks good on the stat sheet but doesn’t help the side move the ball. Not doing it as much this season.

essendon have to travel once in their last 12 games of the season. in the last round. im tempted to make a thread on how disgraceful that is
AFL just taking the piss this year if you look at all the weird fixtures and the difference in travel miles for the non Vic based clubs and particularly how the big Vic clubs almost never leave Vic towards finals.
They don't even try to hide the bias.

I must admit though, having Collingwood's first pick this year is looking like a sneaky bargain for us in exchange for Shultz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 17 - Pies v Bombers Fri July 5th 7:40pm AEST (MCG)

Back