Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Belele

Team Captain
Oct 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not sure if its gone to air in WA yet, Damien Barrett on TFS said Tarrant has injured his achilles and will miss at least next game.

Surprisingly, also said he is almost certain Tarrant will not renew his contract at Freo, and possibly going back to Pies.... now I know we should take this with a grain of salt, and Harvs/Rosich said they are happy where negotiations are at with Taz (along with Pav and Mundy), but thoughts if this was to eventuate?

Even though he is out of contract, would Pies have to trade to keep him away from GC?

Lets hope its a crock of shit, TAz is very important to us over the next couple of years.

Considering where the Pies will finish, it'd have to be a first round pick. Not very valuable this year though.

hasnt aired here yet.

Reading between the lines of tarrant interviews in the past.
Im still not convinced he will play on next year BUT if he does it will be for Freo only.
Pretty sure if he doesnt continue on he will be retiring so will def not be playing for any other teams.

According to a similar footy show exclusive, Nick was going to the Gold Coast....wouldn't worry about it.

Yep, they have been wrong plenty of times, and I am confident they are on this one too...... only three games this week so slow news week in footy, guess they have to fabricate some crap to fill the 2 hours :thumbsu:

Would be funny to see the backflip from Pies supporters if he went back.

"OMG he really is a better full back than Presti! Best full back in the AFL! AA certainty!"

etc, etc

To be honest I wouldn't be too devastated if he did ask for a trade. Not particularly happy but not devastated either.

I love him to death since he transformed himself into a top class defender but he's getting on a bit and with the way our recruiters are on fire lately I'd back them to get us a 10 year player with the high pick(s) we'd get for him.

Would be funny to see the backflip from Pies supporters if he went back.

"OMG he really is a better full back than Presti! Best full back in the AFL! AA certainty!"

etc, etc

Why? Collingwood fans have always rated Tazz. His 03 year was as good an effort as any forward we've seen for a while.

Most Collingwood supporters would concede Tazz has Presti covered this year. If he did go back to Collingwood, I'd doubt he would even be our FB.

As for coming back to Victoria, Tazz is at that stage of his career that it wouldn't be the hassle it was earlier in his career of quitting AFL alltogether (he did walk out of Collingwood in 2000).

Why? Collingwood fans have always rated Tazz. His 03 year was as good an effort as any forward we've seen for a while.

More a reference to the amount of Collingwood fans who scoff at our suggestions that Taz has been in AA quality form these last 2 years.

More a reference to the amount of Collingwood fans who scoff at our suggestions that Taz has been in AA quality form these last 2 years.

I think most neutral observers would question the "AA quality". In 09 Lake, Scarlett & Presti had superior years, in 10' I would only have Lake ahead of Tazz. There is a quite gap b/w Lake/Scarlett & the next FB.

I think most neutral observers would question the "AA quality". In 09 Lake, Scarlett & Presti had superior years, in 10' I would only have Lake ahead of Tazz. There is a quite gap b/w Lake/Scarlett & the next FB.

Tarrant's far less likely to have a brain snap in defence as Lake is.

In addition - last year in a side that was getting pumped regularly - tarrant stood up, which isn't an easy thing to do on the last line when that much ball is coming in.

Scarlett is the class defender in the league, but i wouldn't have Lake at that level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell would they even mention this as news if it's all "it's possible" and "we think" at this point? Any actual legitimate source?

If Taz were to leave it'd be for family reasons only as I believe he'd feel greatful to the FFC for helping to turn his footy life back around. It'd also be great to see him chalk up the 100 for the club as he's less than a season and a half off that - I for one would love to see Tarrant hang the boots up in a few years and be remembered as a Freo player! I reckon this will happen too - why would he leave after the tough years just when things are turning around?

From what I hear, Taz is still undecided on whether or not he is going to go around again. But this is supposedly to do with his body, and whether or not he wants to ut it through another gruelling pre-season. IMO Taz will either sign a one year seal with Freo or retire. Suggestions of him going back to Victoria and going around again for Collingwood are way of the mark at this stage but who knows what will happen in the second half of the year.

I don't know why this is so surprising, it was rumoured last year that he wanted to go back to Vic. It was denied by Taz at the B&F but it was always going to come up again this year as his contract is up.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if he went but not overly concerned. Expect to see some playing around with the back line for the rest of the season if it is true. Player trades should be more valuable this year, we could get a player who wants to come back to WA.

Or a mature defender running around the VFL, SANFL or WAFL?:p

As good as Tarrant is (and TradeDraft you'd be a fool to think he wouldn't considerably strengthen the Pies), it's OK.

We have an upgrade in Scott Thornton waiting in the wings.

I heard his wife is keen to go back to Victoria but she was keen to go back there last year and they stayed. I'd love him to stay but our depth is good enough to survive without him.

I'd love him to stay but our depth is good enough to survive without him.

AA quality KPD's are not easily replaced, our depth for that position are raw kids, hopefully we get to see Sibo get a run before the year is out to test out the contingency plan.

other than sandi and pav, taz would be the most important player on our list. anyone suggesting he is easily replaced is kidding himself. i have a feeling his mind is set on retiring at the end of the year anyhow. have no proof of this, just a feeling. we may have to fast track sibosado/shepherd and look at keeping grover for a year longer than what was originally anticipated. thankfully roberton and silvagni have come through as well

I also think there's a real danger of Grover and Hayden retiring which would make losing Tarrant even more damaging. You add in Roberton/Pearce/Sibo/Shepard (haven't seen either enough to know) and we've got a defence that is still competitive in AFL but is well down on what we have now. Plus we'll be very short on depth again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back