Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

i think he'll retire, has been great for us though.

and for those that are interested, gumby's parents remain fremantle members, so if given the opportunity to play for us, im sure that would make them happy, that isnt the be all and end all though is it.

Essendon do not really need old key defenders. They have Pears, Hooker and Hurley, and Fletcher might just play as long as Tarrant.

Essendon do not really need old key defenders. They have Pears, Hooker and Hurley, and Fletcher might just play as long as Tarrant.

Fletcher has already played longer than Tarrant - though I'm not sure that is what you meant?

I'm hoping Tarrant stays on a one year deal. Reality may bite when he realises that once he steps out of footy his salary plummets. Freo would love to keep him on a year to year basis - with this injury, his trade value would be nix. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We don't really have a replacement for him and with Ggover being near the end it is going to place a huge load on Elvis. I guess the plus is Silvagni has a lot of potential - his first year has been very good and he will improve with more time in the system. Do other people think he could develop into a gorilla keeper?

I'd Honestly offer him a juicy 2 year deal. give him a career decision to make.. Look at Presti, Fletcher, and a few others...Tarrant is in great physical shape and I think could play for 3 more years if he desired it..

OK so they want to live in Melbourne...Just wait a couple of years while he is playing out his career. He is a footy player by the way...thats his job..

How could she make him sacrifice that. Thats why I think if he leaves, he will play in Melbourne.:( Then again maybe footy isn't that important anymore..:(:(

Would really love Taz to go one more! Kept Le Cras possesionless in the first qtr on sunday and then when he went off Le Cras kicked 5! Just goes to shows how good he is and how important his role is in the team. Cmon Taz one more year!

The thing with tarrant is hes never been a big lover of football.
Hes not the type that always wants a footy in their hand etc eg the barlow palmer type.

I remember ages ago when he was going to walk out on collingwood something about mentioning he had the talent to play footy an thats why he plays but doesnt enjoy the things that come with it.
Just he feels he has the talent so might aswell use it.
Never been a big football lover.

Think these injuries will be enough for him to give it in.
He wont play elsewhere.

It will take some masssive persuasion from the team to get him to give it 1 more year.
If hes playing football next year it will only be here.
He doesnt love the game enough to make a fresh start at a new team for just 1 maybe 2 more years.

Personally i think his body could easily handle 2 more years down back, but his mind will convince him otherwise.

The thing with tarrant is hes never been a big lover of football.
Hes not the type that always wants a footy in their hand etc eg the barlow palmer type.

I remember ages ago when he was going to walk out on collingwood something about mentioning he had the talent to play footy an thats why he plays but doesnt enjoy the things that come with it.
Just he feels he has the talent so might aswell use it.
Never been a big football lover.

Think these injuries will be enough for him to give it in.
He wont play elsewhere.

It will take some masssive persuasion from the team to get him to give it 1 more year.
If hes playing football next year it will only be here.
He doesnt love the game enough to make a fresh start at a new team for just 1 maybe 2 more years.

Personally i think his body could easily handle 2 more years down back, but his mind will convince him otherwise.

I remember when he walked out on Collingwood as well. It was a while ago and he was a lot younger then - a pretty raw kid from Mildura or Wylkatchem or whatever. He is probably a bit more worldly now and may appreciate the opportunities he has and position he is in. I've no idea what he thinks, but I doubt we can predict his current thinking on his comments 8 or 9 years ago when he was a kid.

I think he'll retire. Those pictures of him on the bench after he got the injury prove to me how much he loves being at the club and how much he wants to be a part of the future. I don't think his body is up to it any more either, he's had a fair few injuries this year and I think he's coming to the end of his tether.

On a seperate but related note, I think the recruitment of Silvagni is a masterstroke, he's a mature-aged recruit so it's not like he needed as much time as a Morabito or Hill etc. to adapt to the game and although he's not Tarrant-like in defense, he's more than an adequate substitute I feel.

Tarrant should stay for another year. We will be right up there next year and i think he knows. He is too valuable when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was him, I would be a Docker for as long as possible. Exiting young team and could wina premiership in the next three years whilst Pavlich/McPharlin/Himself are at there peak with a great blend of youth.

If he wanted to come back to Melbourne, I as a Hawthorn fan would be very interested. However I don't think we will offer the coin he is worth where Collingwood or Carlton probably will.

Having Tarrant/Gibson/Gilham/Stratton as our defence would finally result in a top 4 backline which we crave.

I am dreaming:)

Tarrant going to Collingwood would be HUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE new over here. But they wouldnt have a spot i dont think with Presti and Reid going strong.

Tarrant going to Collingwood would be HUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE new over here. But they wouldnt have a spot i dont think with Presti and Reid going strong.

Probably correct but it would all depend on whether or not Presti decides to play on another season- particularly if we win a flag this season.

Why on earth would Sollie going to Gold coast make it easier for him to make a decision to leave:confused:
It probably depends on his family and what they want as I doubt he will want to go given the way he and Freo are going.

There is no way in the world Tarrant will do a Carr on us.
Everything I've read & heard about him indicates he is grateful to the club for how well he's been treated and happy at having the chance to turn his career around and pay back the club for the faith we showed in him.
He comes across as someone that is genuinely humble and a good bloke, don't think he will do the dirty on us. I believe he will either re-sign, retire or name a preferred club and ask that fair deal be done. Definitely cost someone a first round pick if he moves back to Vic.

Everything I've read & heard about him indicates he is grateful to the club for how well he's been treated and happy at having the chance to turn his career around and pay back the club for the faith we showed in him.
He comes across as someone that is genuinely humble and a good bloke, don't think he will do the dirty on us. I believe he will either re-sign, retire or name a preferred club and ask that fair deal be done. Definitely cost someone a first round pick if he moves back to Vic.

Unfortunately given his age and now the odd injury we would be extremely lucky to get a first round pick - I think he is worth it, but just don't think we will get it.

Loved having Tarrant in the side, he is just the iceman on that backline. I'm sure if he stays another year in a more successful Freo side he'll get that all Australian he so richly deserves.

For Tarrant I don't think it's ever been about getting personal accolades, he is a team man and has shown the way for a few seasons now. If he goes to another club he wont give them any better than he gave us, if he retires than he obviously doesn't feel he can go round again. Glad we picked up Solomon and Taz, think they helped change the culture around the place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant Going??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back