Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

The off season's well and truly started, Drum, Sibosado and now Tarrant...

If the rumours are true though, it won't work out too bad for us, if we could get their first pick. We probably wouldn't get Panos as Port have pick 8 and look likely to take him, but we could grab 2 midfielders with our first two picks and load up on talls for the rest of the draft. Of all our players who would be worth a first round pick, Tarrant would be the first that I would let go.

Re: Tarrant wants out? - Surely not!

Drum can go into the PS draft for nothing, then you'll be left holding your knobs with no chance of making a dent next year.

We will pass then. Our back 6 will be back to fitness next year and we can win another flag.

Doesn't mean much to us. Lake is worth the first rounder. Maguire can be sought cheaper and provides a longer term option.

Take the second rounder :)

Our second rounder is better. I would consider a second rounder for Tarrant. Probably not, but it is more likely than a first rounder.

A team would be stupid to offload a first rounder for a 29 year old.

I do agree.

Which makes it very difficult for him to find a way home IMO.

I would much rather take Drum for nothing than an aging Tarrant.

ROFL at the last part. I know you really want to stitch us up for our swifties we pulled in the past, but we are not that stupid. Or are we? :p
How will you get Drum for nothing? There are three Vic clubs before you in the PSD. Even Sydney is a chance to take him. You won't be getting anything for nothing.

It sure has Stronz

Anyway. Pick 9 or nothing Dawkers. He is contracted and pretty much held up our backline the whole season. Maybe he can do a Presti and go for about 4 more years :eek:

You want someone to beat the big guns like Brown or Fev then Tarrant is your man.

It sure has Stronz

Anyway. Pick 9 or nothing Dawkers. He is contracted and pretty much held up our backline the whole season. Maybe he can do a Presti and go for about 4 more years :eek:

You want someone to beat the big guns like Brown or Fev then Tarrant is your man.

We're the ones passing. Don't force him on us :D

Pick 9 is for bigger fish. Younger fish.

Then both parties remain happy and Murphy can hold down the fort for you guys for another year.

Everyone wins :thumbsu:

Our second rounder is better. I would consider a second rounder for Tarrant. Probably not, but it is more likely than a first rounder.

A team would be stupid to offload a first rounder for a 29 year old.

Would a team that looking at another premiership tilt that is severely lacking a key defender be stupid to trade a first rounder for a player in the form of his life who would fill that role perfectly?

I don't want to trade him, but he's contracted next year, so he definitely won't be going for a second rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't it great we have the visiting Hawthorn dignitary here to tell us all what's going to happen :)

You are the ones telling us what we are going to give you. We will pass and he will stay a Docker. If someone pays up, their loss.

**** you are an absolute moron.

You aint going to be a threat without a backline, Croad is finished and your premiership window will be over before it's even begun without a recognised KPD.

Thanks for your kind words.

Croad will be back. Not concerned about him. If we are going to trade our pick 9, it will be for a younger back. We are still the youngest side and have plenty of time to develop a KPD.

Thanks for your kind words.

Croad will be back. Not concerned about him. If we are going to trade our pick 9, it will be for a younger back. We are still the youngest side and have plenty of time to develop a KPD.

Oh yes, Croad with the bone fusion will be back. Lol. And the youngest team, yep, lol. That's why all your most important midfielders are aging and on a downward slope.

But yep, you've got plenty of time to develop a backline over the coming years with the uncompromised drafts as your super young midfield still go strong. :thumbsu:

We're not 'Connecting' with a 29 year old. Most definitely not for a first rounder.
Would be sad to see Tarrant go as he has been good for the club over the past 3 seasons, but Hawthorn would be crazy not to offer their 1st round pick for Tarrant.

Shakespeare you say Hawthorn wouldnt give up their first round pick for a 29 year old. But why not? Will your first round pick lead you guys to a premiership down the line? Maybe but maybe not. Use your first round pick to secure Tarrant and he could be the missing link that secures you a premiership in the next year or two

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back