Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

If Tarrant is thinking like that trade him. If we didn't trade and make him stay he would see out his one year retire then go back to melbourne and we would get nothing.

May as well get someone young with passion to play for freo.

I agree that we should trade him if he wants to go. This can end amicably for everyone. Tarrant is probably at the top of his perceived value at the moment due to his excellent season. But he's 29. I severely doubt we would get a first rounder for him, but if we did, we should go for it.

Short term pain, long term gain. 2010 will be ugly though. :eek:

I'm liking the thought of Tarrant and Drum for Hawthorn's 1st and 3rd picks. Or their 1st pick and Moss for Tarrant and Peake. Whichever way it works, our pick will be better spent than on someone like Ben Reid.:D

Moss is a very average player, there is reason it took him so long to break into the Hawthorn team.....

The only Hawthorn players I would consider are Dowler and Morton. And even with them, I would still be after draft picks. Although a first rounder would be unlikely unless Tarrant didn't care what club he went to.

Moss is a very average player, there is reason it took him so long to break into the Hawthorn team.....

The only Hawthorn players I would consider are Dowler and Morton. And even with them, I would still be after draft picks. Although a first rounder would be unlikely unless Tarrant didn't care what club he went to.

Injury?

With losing Tarrant it would make losing Drum disastrous. It might be the ideal scenario to put to Drum if you say you'll be our starting full back.

I think it confirms our need for a KPP with our first pick

OK, there were some injury problems involved with Moss. But that doesn't change the fact that he is average in my opinion.

I can't see how he would offer anything different to Schammer, Palmer, DeBoer, Suban and even Pearce or van Berlo. He plays the same type of role, and I would have all those guys ahead of him quite easily...

With losing Tarrant it would make losing Drum disastrous. It might be the ideal scenario to put to Drum if you say you'll be our starting full back.

I think it confirms our need for a KPP with our first pick

we'll pick whoevers left out of trengrove,mora or butcher but i do agree will need to pick at least 3 talls in this draft

Geelong, Hawthorn and the Dogs im sure would be very interested but to be honest i dont want to see the back of him.

Had it been last years draft with the abundance of talent i would consider it, but IMO its too big of a risk to hope we get the right player.

When every scout and recruiter says there are only 4 guns in the draft. There are only 4 guns in the draft...

Don't think we would be in the market for Chris especially when our CEO has come out recently and said we will only recruit guy who will play 100 games for the club.
Only Melbourne team's that may be interest would be Carlton and Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shakespeare, if you could guarentee a shot at next years flag by drafting Tarrent, would you take him for a 1st rounder?

It is a very good question. Would I guarantee one shot at a flag when we could get a younger back with the first pick and have a tilt at 3 or 4? I don't know I would probably offer the first rounder.

That is for a Grand Final spot guaranteed in 2010 :)

Do not want Moss, we have enough players who can't kick. His ball use in the game vs Essendon was absolutely woeful, and in general I haven't been impressed with his skills (even if he has found plenty of the ball at times).

Lets be honest, losing Tarrant would cause a massive hole in our team next year. But that massive hole was very likely to occur quite soon, be it next year or the year after, so it might not be such a bad thing to at least get something for him.

Remember the word at the start of the year was it might be Tarrant's last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired if we couldn't trade him, if he really wants to be in Melbourne that much.

Fevola should want him at Carlton, one less FB in the comp to give him a hiding.

Lets be honest, losing Tarrant would cause a massive hole in our team next year. But that massive hole was very likely to occur quite soon, be it next year or the year after, so it might not be such a bad thing to at least get something for him.
Yep. If we can get something for him now, we can salvage something from the diabolical trade a few years back.

Love the player Tarrant has become, and if he goes to a club like Hawthorn, I will wish him a premiership with them while we're still rebuilding.

Could be a good deal for all parties.

Tarrant turns 29 this month and his body is as strong as it has ever been. This is his first year playing in the backline and he has had to travel every other week . How good will he be next year anon with this years experience under his belt and parked in Melbourne most weeks with a new wife to keep him on the straight and narrow. He will absolutely towel up the gorrillas for a few years to come. And if the draft this year is as shallow as predicted, he is absolutely worth a first round pick. Having said that, I really hope He doesn't go.

Remember the word at the start of the year was it might be Tarrant's last year. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired if we couldn't trade him, if he really wants to be in Melbourne that much.

According to the article it's his fiance that really wants to return to Victoria but if he's not traded I'm sure she'll find 400,000 reasons to stay in Perth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back