Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Pistol 17, he has a habit of getting these rumours right as well.... maybe it was a bit stupid to post it as rumours are rumours but he has been right before

nah, thats ok...BF feeds on rumours.

And why wouldnt he?

What could the Saints offer...other than Luke Ball??. He may be a bit too old for what we may be looking for...yeah?

Personally i wouldnt be making a straight swap for Luke Ball as he seems to be on the decline imo and Tarrant is worth more. Would be keen for maybe the saints 1st rd pick though.

If we were going to deal with carlton there 2nd or 3rd rd pick and Garlett or Yarran maybe. We could package the likes of Peake or Drum too.

Just heard a rumour that taz wants to go to stkilda, stkilda will need to replace hudgton and that the likely trade would be direct swap for luke ball, my source is pretty sketchy but i wouldnt be against that deal

i would be trying to get carlton involved as well, they are a team that is desperate for a key defender, who knows we could end up coming out of this pretty sweet, as much as i love taz, at 28/9 it wouldnt hurt us in the long run to let him go if he doesnt want to be here.... i also reckon that this will mean solomon will not play on

Why would Ball move to Fremantle? If the Saints don't want him, there will be 8 or 9 other Victorian clubs who do.

nah, thats ok...BF feeds on rumours.

And why wouldnt he?

What could the Saints offer...other than Luke Ball??. He may be a bit too old for what we may be looking for...yeah?

i know it does, but i also dont want to get a rep of just talking utter bullshit ;)

david armitage would be a good get, you in and under mid, saints may even be more prepared to give up their first rounder than say ya hawthorns or carltons as well, so pick 16/17 plus a swap of their 4th ick for our 3rd? not sure

Where exactly does Chris say he wants out of Freo?

Very happy at Freo - has grown as a player and a person - he knows that and seriously if you doubt that have a look at his games this year - never seen him so involved with directing traffic - has become a leader despite his reluctance in the past to be one!

What the article says is he is open to the possibility of returning to his home state, if the right club and trade deal can be struck.

About to get married - Lauren wants to come home and given the alluded to family circumstances surrounding the media crap at the start of last year that is understandable

BUT if the right deal that won't disadvantage Freo can't be struck he won't shaft em - will stay and play as he has this year - HE IS NOT UNHAPPY OR DESPERATE TO GET OUT OF FREO!!!

But if the right deal can be found for both - be mad not to grab it!

Why would Ball move to Fremantle? If the Saints don't want him, there will be 8 or 9 other Victorian clubs who do.

look the rumour is just that... a rumour, but ball isnt getting a game for the saints, he is a hard nosed in and under midfielder that harves would love, and a move west may rejuvinate him.... i dont know how he would go, but he may see it as an opportunity.... personally i would prefer a 1st round pick for taz, but then again i would prefer getting ball than just a 2nd rounder..... dont shoot the messenger, just what i heard

Silly suggestion I guess but Lake for Hawthorns first rounder. Dogs original first rounder for Tarrant.

Dogs get lower pick and replacement for key defender, Hawthorn get younger KPD and Dockers get another first round pick meaning they will probably snare Morabito and one of the next couple of best key forwards after Butcher.

You could make the trade more complex if you want but it seems these days most trades are fairly simple ones.

look the rumour is just that... a rumour, but ball isnt getting a game for the saints, he is a hard nosed in and under midfielder that harves would love, and a move west may rejuvinate him.... i dont know how he would go, but he may see it as an opportunity.... personally i would prefer a 1st round pick for taz, but then again i would prefer getting ball than just a 2nd rounder..... dont shoot the messenger, just what i heard

My sources indicate that the club is looking pretty seriously at Robbo being thrown in as a sweetner for Freo in any trade deal involving tarrent.

Russel Robbo could teach Ballaytyne a few things about forward line strategy - not to mention is considered a great clubman at Dees.

My sources indicate that the club is looking pretty seriously at Robbo being thrown in as a sweetner for Freo in any trade deal involving tarrent.

Russel Robbo could teach Ballaytyne a few things about forward line strategy - not to mention is considered a great clubman at Dees.

Nice lunch?

Bit of a worry really, Even though he will be here next year, the year after he is out of contract, and will walk, and depending on how he performs next year, or even if he retires we could get nothing. Glad I don't have make all these decisions at the club!

I'm a little confused as to why people are getting so worked up over what Harvs said....

Obviously Harvs isn't going to come and say that they are open to a trade. Tarrant is contracted and hasn't mentioned anything about a trade himself. Saying he is available for trade, before Tarrant has said anything would be a great way to show confidence in your players....

Why say anything? It's the off season, if the phone rings and it's a journo don't answer.

And if Tarrant does confirm the rumours, you can guarantee that we wont keep him if he doesn't want to be here. That would just be stupid. Harvs has now publicly backed Tarrant, and that can only strengthen our bargaining power at the hypothetical trade table.

I reckon Tarrant's probably not phased either way. We're not going to be a contender next season so like many here Tarrant can see that it's in the Fremantle Football Club's best interest to trade him if a good deal presents itself.

He's either going home in a months time and the club gets a player/draft pick for him or he goes home in 12 months time and they get nothing.

You, or your sources a crap. Robbo is a disliked, ego manic who has been de-listed. What sweetener? the West Coast could pick him up in the PSD if the want.

We are talking about youth but you throw up that the 'rumour from sources' that we draft a 30 something clown who is unwanted by the club that finished last 2 years running.

Eagles troll:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why say anything? It's the off season, if the phone rings and it's a journo don't answer.

It's the standard thing to say of a required player. A. It's the truth, B. If clubs throw an offer our way they better be sincere.

It's as good as saying 'No Comment'

I guess this is directed at all trolls but you just seem to be the one that is strangely attracted to the freo board

wtf do you get out of trolling? id love to hear an honest response but somehow doubt that's likely

Silly suggestion I guess but Lake for Hawthorns first rounder. Dogs original first rounder for Tarrant.

Dogs get lower pick and replacement for key defender, Hawthorn get younger KPD and Dockers get another first round pick meaning they will probably snare Morabito and one of the next couple of best key forwards after Butcher.

You could make the trade more complex if you want but it seems these days most trades are fairly simple ones.
Why not that?

Because the Dogs wouldn't let Lake go in a million years?
They may not have a choice.

So many rumours worth so little, but they just may not have the cap space. He is worth or could be angling to get 500-600k.

At present he is on low 200's. Or so I have read.

Anyway could be silly, but if Lake does go it seemed like a sensible and worthwhile trade for everyone.

Why dont we trade Taz and Drum to Hawks - on forward 9 to the Doggies and get Lake.

Yep I hate the silly season.

Why dont we trade Taz and Drum to Hawks - on forward 9 to the Doggies and get Lake.

Yep I hate the silly season.
That is like the reverse of my trade hahahaha and yeah no one will go for that.

It may be the silly season, but just like the Judd trade sometimes they do actually happen.

And if I remember correctly the eventual trade was guessed by many of the more level headed poster long before it was confirmed.

Let them have their cake Moo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant seeking trade to Victorian club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back