Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Statements

Fined, no conviction recorded:

If the AFL media let Tom Morris back in, surely they let Tarryn Thomas back in.

Don't blame the Saints for looking at Tarryn.

The comp is not even. Big vic clubs get sucked off all the time: Cripps gets his brownlow, Dayne beams paid out of the salary cap. Numerous examples. Fixture is cooked. Small clubs need to do whatever they can to compete.

Don't blame the Saints for looking at Tarryn.

The comp is not even. Big vic clubs get sucked off all the time: Cripps gets his brownlow, Dayne beams paid out of the salary cap. Numerous examples. Fixture is cooked. Small clubs need to do whatever they can to compete.
Maybe not "whatever they can", instead "as much as they reasonably can". You're right and all those inequities can be and are true yet at the same time there has to be lines you won't cross.

Maybe not "whatever they can", instead "as much as they reasonably can". You're right and all those inequities can be and are true yet at the same time there has to be lines you won't cross.
They haven't crossed a line yet, they've just met with the guy.
If they are sure that TT has rehabilitated himself and are prepared to let him go the second he slips up then I don't really see too much of a problem.

FWIW If it was my club looking at TT i'd be pissed.

I would never ever want to hear about the AFL's stance on women ever again if this happens. Makes a mockery of what Jimmy Bartel did in his final year playing.
He grew a beard.

It's a bit baffling to me that they are at the stage of 1 on 1 meetings when Tarryn still has a matter before the court for breaking his restraining order against an ex.

The AFL aren't going to approve his recruitment until that's resolved, at the very least. Maybe just stick to regular phone calls with his manager until that's over?

I would never ever want to hear about the AFL's stance on women ever again if this happens. Makes a mockery of what Jimmy Bartel did in his final year playing.

200w.gif

Don't necessarily want to believe this without a screenshot of a text message

But St Kilda doing St Kilda things so it's probably legit without text message screenshot proof :p

St Kilda confirmed the meeting on Wednesday and provided the following statement to Channel 9.

“Gubby has a lot of lunches and this was just another one,” a spokesperson said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pls mate, Jimmy Bartel puts on a facade.

If Bartel really respected women, he wouldn't talk about the mother of his kids in this manner.

We are St.Kilda.

If we sign TT and it goes horribly wrong, we wake up the next day and continue life as normal as a meme club.

If we sign him and he manages to turn his life around, we get talent at a discount.

It's not an even comp and we need any help we can get

Good to see saints fans have already rationalised targeting DV offenders. I’m sure this approach will turn the culture of the club around and is a winner.

Honestly this decision should be taken out of any club's hand by the AFL. It's ridiculous that it's even up for discussion. He's not signed by anyone yet so at least there's time to walk away.

Clubs and their fans like to hide behind the idea of 'its ok we did our due dilligence' for things like this. Based on known recent events there's got to be zero real due dilligence which would result in him being on a club list in 2025.

We are St.Kilda.

If we sign TT and it goes horribly wrong, we wake up the next day and continue life as normal as a meme club.

If we sign him and he manages to turn his life around, we get talent at a discount.

It's not an even comp and we need any help we can get
ridiculous statement. any reasonable person wouldn’t want him near the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Tarryn Thomas charged with 'threatening to distribute intimate image' + driving with suspended license

Remove this Banner Ad

Back