Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the latest down that way?? Is Matt Armstrong onboard with the devils this year?? What recruits are there ??? Who has left from the 2007 squad??? Whats the talk with the coach???
Could someone please fill me in??;)

Hi folks,

Rennie FC in the Hume League (southern NSW) have picked up Marty Hardy from down your way as Captain Coach. Came up here and won the League Medal a few years ago before returning to the Northern Tassie League. How did he go in 2007 and what sort of coach will he be? Does anyone know if he is bringing up some players with him?

Hi folks,

Rennie FC in the Hume League (southern NSW) have picked up Marty Hardy from down your way as Captain Coach. Came up here and won the League Medal a few years ago before returning to the Northern Tassie League. How did he go in 2007 and what sort of coach will he be? Does anyone know if he is bringing up some players with him?

played for smithton mate. just a average player.. top bloke though. if he is your coach im the ron barassi of that league

played for smithton mate. just a average player.. top bloke though. if he is your coach im the ron barassi of that league

You must be a jet then hardnut. I'm from up along the NSW/VIC border and I remember that bloke going very well in the 2006 season. The Hume league is probably the 3rd tier competition in this area behind the Ovens & Murray (#1) and Murray (#2) leagues. Local clubs from both leagues (Yarrawonga and Mulwala) were all over him to sign with them after that season. I've had a look at your competition and it is very good - but I'd rate it a bit below the Ovens & Murray. An average player in your comp will be a handy colt in the Hume League. Like Doobie Renshaw I'm intersted to see what sort of coach he might be, and I'm sure Rennie are interested if anyone knows what sort of players he might be bringing up with him.

Hi folks,

Do not know if it is the same guy but did he play in the Cairns league. If it is the same guy he is a good player.

You must be a jet then hardnut. I'm from up along the NSW/VIC border and I remember that bloke going very well in the 2006 season. The Hume league is probably the 3rd tier competition in this area behind the Ovens & Murray (#1) and Murray (#2) leagues. Local clubs from both leagues (Yarrawonga and Mulwala) were all over him to sign with them after that season. I've had a look at your competition and it is very good - but I'd rate it a bit below the Ovens & Murray. An average player in your comp will be a handy colt in the Hume League. Like Doobie Renshaw I'm intersted to see what sort of coach he might be, and I'm sure Rennie are interested if anyone knows what sort of players he might be bringing up with him.

i wouldnt say he would bring many players but i must question the quality of this league.

I saw on the news at work tonight that WIN finally confirmed what we all knew on here weeks ago, that Mick Bowden is coaching the Pies next season.
Also said about the rumour of Ben Beams returning to KGV in 2009 - that was posted on here too wasn't it?

I noticed Roger Oldridge is no longer at WIN, I caught Sports Tonight on TDT late one night during the 1st Test against India and noticed he was a Channel 10 reporter nowdays.

Rumour has it trent mcrosson from ulverston come the brunt of dinga vineys of latrobe fist saturday night out on the town. mccrosson was getting into him about loyalty as they used to play cricket together so end the end viney dropped him like a sack of spuds! didnt mccrosson switch clubs from devonport to ulverstone. thats loyalty:D

Rumour has it trent mcrosson from ulverston come the brunt of dinga vineys of latrobe fist saturday night out on the town. mccrosson was getting into him about loyalty as they used to play cricket together so end the end viney dropped him like a sack of spuds! didnt mccrosson switch clubs from devonport to ulverstone. thats loyalty:D

I have been informed on how he left Dport.Thats the worst way i have ever heard a player leave a club. It does not sound right that he would text the club. Surely that is total B.............t.

Just wondering who people think the big improvers of the SFL will be and why.Also will the Devils be a better side this year

Hard to tell at this early stage. Glenorchy and Clarence will again be strong. Brighton may improve due to throwing coin around, and Lauderdale's young list may push into the finals this year. In the Regional, look for Claremont and Kermandie to fight it out, with the Hawks and Huonville also pushing. Cygnet and Lindisfarne could do anything, depending on commitment. Sorell and Dodges to struggle, and Triabunna and Channel (if they still exist) to hold up the ladder.

Devils - Don't care. They couldn't be any worse, may win a few, but can't see a huge improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to tell at this early stage. Glenorchy and Clarence will again be strong. Brighton may improve due to throwing coin around, and Lauderdale's young list may push into the finals this year. In the Regional, look for Claremont and Kermandie to fight it out, with the Hawks and Huonville also pushing. Cygnet and Lindisfarne could do anything, depending on commitment. Sorell and Dodges to struggle, and Triabunna and Channel (if they still exist) to hold up the ladder.

Devils - Don't care. They couldn't be any worse, may win a few, but can't see a huge improvement.

I am from Melbourne and would just like to know how many players the devils have lost from there 2007 list and what were there main problems with there performance for the 2007 season?? The coach was in his first season?? Could someone fill me in please??

I saw on the news at work tonight that WIN finally confirmed what we all knew on here weeks ago, that Mick Bowden is coaching the Pies next season.
Also said about the rumour of Ben Beams returning to KGV in 2009 - that was posted on here too wasn't it?

who do you think their source was? ;)

I noticed Roger Oldridge is no longer at WIN, I caught Sports Tonight on TDT late one night during the 1st Test against India and noticed he was a Channel 10 reporter nowdays.

Oldridge quit as part of the mass exodus that made the front page of the Mockery a few weeks ago. I saw him pop up on Southern Cross one night, but he's obviously moved interstate.

Shame, I thought he was quality :thumbsu:

Something similar happened down here too according to one of my many reliable sources.

Apparently during Devils training, Captain Brett Geappen seized Mitch Robinson by the throat, apparently didn't appreciate Robinson's attention during a competitive situation.

Apparently the same night the two of them happened to run into each other out on the town.

Apparently little time was wasted before they came to blows.

Wouldn't know this Robinson if I fell over him, but I like the boy!

Something similar happened down here too according to one of my many reliable sources.

Apparently during Devils training, Captain Brett Geappen seized Mitch Robinson by the throat, apparently didn't appreciate Robinson's attention during a competitive situation.

Apparently the same night the two of them happened to run into each other out on the town.

Apparently little time was wasted before they came to blows.

Wouldn't know this Robinson if I fell over him, but I like the boy!

her is one for ya barge. robinson was in ailry beach on his footy trip this year and started mouthing a devonport player. the player asked him outside and he shat himself! 10 minutes later he went and got fifteen blokes and all of a sudden seemed a little bit stronger. anyway ke kid hit one of the players and broke his jaw. his time will come. im sure budgy would have towelled him up

Talking about Budgie they tell me that a few Nightclubs in town are about to crack down on him and a few well known players getting around of there heads, being dicks and its not from drinking to much alcohol, as many of us know!!!

Talking about Budgie they tell me that a few Nightclubs in town are about to crack down on him and a few well known players getting around of there heads, being dicks and its not from drinking to much alcohol, as many of us know!!!

why single him out for? if thats the case they night clubs are going to be empty these days with the amount of people doing it so why kick up a stink about him for?

What an absolute disgrace you are Bomber Gus 6 - How dare you come out and say those type of things on a forum like this discussing football in Tasmania? Where do you get off saying things like that?

This forum section doesn't need shit comments like that posted.

What an absolute disgrace you are Bomber Gus 6 - How dare you come out and say those type of things on a forum like this discussing football in Tasmania? Where do you get off saying things like that?

Im with you Ace. Those are very poor comments. Bomber Gus 6 goodbye. You are the weakest link.

why single him out for? if thats the case they night clubs are going to be empty these days with the amount of people doing it so why kick up a stink about him for?
How about you pull your head in you were just on the last page talking some crap about a fella kinghitting someone in Queensland(it was reported on her months ago new boy), was you there or is that a just a rumour ,that you heard, why single Robinson out as a Kinghitter. Budgie is the captian of our State side last i remebered great example to be setting.

If you dont like it, dont read it cause its a forum you say what you like you may not agree, but who cares, some may!!!

Before you start mouthing off at others, Bomber has not stated anything that has not been mentioned on this forum before. (After all this is a place where people can write whatever they like even if it tweaks the noses of others a little bit).

I recall Bakerman posting last year something very similar to what Bomber wrote about B.Geappen, The post was taken down by the mods after someone from AFL Tas complained.

Before you start mouthing off at others, Bomber has not stated anything that has not been mentioned on this forum before. (After all this is a place where people can write whatever they like even if it tweaks the noses of others a little bit).

I recall Bakerman posting last year something very similar to what Bomber wrote about B.Geappen, The post was taken down by the mods after someone from AFL Tas complained.

Why mention this stuff at all? Is this what this forum is about? How about talking some football for a change. Who cares what has been published on this site in the past! Move on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back