Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry i coiuldnt make it. Familt commitments have hampered my training this year, but a kind word to the coach to get me back in wouldnt go astray either. Playing guys half the size on Joyce last week Matty Turnbull especially was one of the more ordinary choices i have seen.

Well, a positive response last time. May as well post results from Circular Head again.

Irishtown have moved on top with Trowutta on points beating Scotchtown in the mud at Smithton

Irishtown 2.5, 6.8, 10.12, 13.16.94
Scotchtown 0.1, 2.3, 3.6, 5.9.39

And barring disaster, Redpa, who moved to outright third position on the ladder, will be playing finals after a win over Forest/Stanley at Stanley.

Redpa: 2.2, 2.2, 5.6, 7.7.49
Forest/Stanley: 0.1, 4.4, 4.6, 5.9.39

All very exciting :p

Well, a positive response last time. May as well post results from Circular Head again.

Irishtown have moved on top with Trowutta on points beating Scotchtown in the mud at Smithton

Irishtown 2.5, 6.8, 10.12, 13.16.94
Scotchtown 0.1, 2.3, 3.6, 5.9.39

And barring disaster, Redpa, who moved to outright third position on the ladder, will be playing finals after a win over Forest/Stanley at Stanley.

Redpa: 2.2, 2.2, 5.6, 7.7.49
Forest/Stanley: 0.1, 4.4, 4.6, 5.9.39

All very exciting :p
just wondering who u think will win the flag down there this year, things have tightend up a bit,

just wondering who u think will win the flag down there this year, things have tightend up a bit,

Wow, I never thought i'd be typing about Circular Head footy on an internet forum. But anyways.
It's not possible to pick a winner this year. The reality is anyone could beat anyone on their day. It has happened all year.
Probably only Irishtown or Trowutta are real chances to win this year. If Redpa start playing as well as they do at Redpa, elsewhere, they would probably have a small chance.
That's all.

Talk about being a thread killer cadoras....3 days with no reply ;)

Yep, you are right there Wilbur35 :eek: You would have thought it would have merited a reply of thanks. Lets hope something worth talking about comes up soon.

Barge.....since you have been very quiet these days, I'm assuming you have either been,

1. Very busy at work, due to your end of financial year performance review coming up that you have been unable to loiter around the front entrance gas bagging with customers.

2. Crook in bed with the flu - but since you are tech savvy these days with a computer and a mobile phone up your way, you would be within reach of your tribe of "reliable sources".

3. Or dare I say it..... the missus has laid down the law....no more Big Footy for Barge unless he starts doing more work around the house.

I have a question for you........

With the 'Mont missing most of their big name players for most of the year, is there any chance of any one of them returning for the run to the finals....ie Hanlon or Clayton, which might help tilt things in their favor for the clash with the 'Farne in the finals.

With the 'Mont missing most of their big name players for most of the year, is there any chance of any one of them returning for the run to the finals....ie Hanlon or Clayton, which might help tilt things in their favor for the clash with the 'Farne in the finals.[/quote]

Hanlon played last week against hawks and clayton wont be back been trainin with New Norfolk for last 6 weeks.

You continue to be a very funny man there Cadoras!

Keep your eyes peeled and you will discover why Barge has been quiet on here as of late!

How did you know I get in trouble for gas bagging (usually with people I know through footy) at work?!

Yeah don't worry, Mrs Barge does get annoyed at how much I'm on here!

Gavin Hanlon played his first game of the year last week after badly breaking his leg in a pre-season practice game, not sure how he went to be honest, your thoughts Ozguy?

Also Shannon McLean will return this week after missing 12 weeks with a torn calf.

No doubt they would like Clayton, B Atkin, T Atkin, Bugg, Lockley, Mason, Honey, Clark to all be fit and able but I'm afraid they have to make do without them!

Has made me laugh in recent weeks seeing the Lindisfarne coach's comments in the paper bemoaning the fact they had 5 senior payers out of the side - at it's worst Claremont have had as many as 12 walk up starts out!

I think Claremont would be best not to worry about Lindisfarne until and if they are scheduled to play them in the finals.

For mine they will have their hands full with the Dodges, Huonvilles, Sorells and Kermandies of the world without worrying about the $1.20 flag favourites from Anzac Park!

Barge is bound for the Claremont v Kermandie clash tomorrow, may be able to enlighten you a bit more after this fixture!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barge is bound for the Claremont v Kermandie clash tomorrow, may be able to enlighten you a bit more after this fixture!

I look forward to your whole Saturday night spiel Barge, I won't be doing it as I'll be at a function at the Hotel Grand Chancellor (P.S. There is one in Launceston)
And yes I'm back online after preparing for it for the last 2 weeks.

Anyway my tips and thoughts are
SFL Premier League
Kingborough v Glenorchy at Kingston Beach (Glenorchy by 140)
- Another tune up for the Pies coming up
Lauderdale v Clarence at Lauderdale (Clarence by 64)
- Lauderdale need a win to avoid a battle for fifth spot.
Brighton v North Hobart at Pontville (North by plenty!)
- Dees are red hot at the moment!
Hobart v New Norfolk at TCA (New Norfolk by 15)
- This is the sort of game Hobart drops, the game that they are supposed to win!

Ladder: Glen 46, Nth H 40, Clar 36, Hob 28, Laud 26, NN 20, King 8, Bri 4

SFL Regional League

Claremont v Kermandie at Abbotsfield Park (Claremont by 17)
- A danger game for Barge's men, a loss will put them out of the five
Sorell v Cygnet at Pembroke Park (Sorell by 47)
- Normally a close match, but Sorell have a bit too much to play for

The other three will be predictable outcomes...
Dodges Ferry v Channel at Snug Park (Dodges by 200)
Triabunna v Huonville at The Bunna (Huonville by 72)
Central Hawks v Lindisfarne at Bothwell (Lindisfarne by 89)

Ladder: Lind 56, Dodges 40, Huon 36 (137), Cmont 36 (136), Sor 34 (119), Kerm 34 (114), CHawks 20, Cyg 12, Tria 12, Chan 0

NTFL (Only 4 games this week)
Ulverstone v South L'ton at Victoria Street (Ulverstone by 49)
- Should see off this danger game without too much of a problem

Like the Regional League, there will be three predictable outcomes
Latrobe v Wynyard at Gilbert Street (Latrobe by 175)
North L'ton v East D'Port at Aurora Stadium (North by 140)
Burnie v Devonport at West Park (Burnie by 110)

Bye - Launceston, Smithton, Penguin
Ladder: Laun 56, Bur 48, Ulv 40, SL 32 (125), NL 32 (108), Lat 32 (103), Smi 24, Dport 20, Pen 8, ED 4, Wyn 4

NTFA Div 1
Deloraine v Bracknell at The Racecourse (Bracknell by 33)
- While the Roo's were good against Scottsdale, the chances are running out for finals footy.
Hillwood v Rocherlea at Hillwood (Rocherlea by 160)
- Wickham needs 11 for 100 goals in the year, odds on to claim it!
Bridgenorth v George Town at The Nest (George Town by 85)
- Will prove far too good for the Parrots...
Scottsdale v Longford at Scottsdale (Scottsdale by 4)
- They are due for a big scalp

Ladder: GT 44, Lford 40, Bnell 32, Sdale 28, Roch 24, Del 20, Bnth 20, Hwood 0

NTFA Div 2
Tamar Cats v Fingal at Beauty Point (Fingal by 29)
- 1 v 2 at the Point, Fingal have too much firepower for the Cats, who rely on the Barron's or it's bust!
OL's v Uni-Mowbray at Invermay Park (U-Mowbray by 115)
- It won't be 316-15 like last week, but still a heavy loss to come for the Blues
Evandale v Perth at Morven Park (Perth by 140)
- Might be another high score for the Pies
Old Scotch v St Pats at NTCA (St Pats by 7)
- Always a tight match, Illingworth and Towns due to run amok!

Ladder: FV 40 (178), TC 40 (167), PTH 36 (178), OS 36 (148), SP 32, Edale 12, UM 8, OL 4

I have a question for you........

With the 'Mont missing most of their big name players for most of the year, is there any chance of any one of them returning for the run to the finals....ie Hanlon or Clayton, which might help tilt things in their favor for the clash with the 'Farne in the finals.

Are you kidding? Since when has he ever become a 'big name' player in any level of the game??

north hobart are playing a future AFL star against brighton today, just turned 15 years old and stands at 6 foot, can do anything. thats how easy they think they will win it.

Good call Luke.
He'll be a good player. Hope you had a good day at work.

noticed that Aaron Cornelius suited up for the Glenorchy reserves today.

I assume they're trying to qualify him for finals? he didn't play a single minute of the game, from what I understand.

I assume they're trying to qualify him for finals? he didn't play a single minute of the game, from what I understand.

I was told the reasoning behind this last night but due to the large amount of beverages I had consumed I can't remember at all.. I think it was something to do with the Devils..

Are you kidding? Since when has he ever become a 'big name' player in any level of the game??

Never seen him play but since he was a premiership first choice ruckman from New Norfolk, you would think that would qualify him to be a "big name" player for a team of pygmies like the 'mont? (if you get my subtle hint)

And Barge, yes I kept my eyes peeled and well done old boy.

Any scores from today? Have no idea who won what.

Also noticed that Bowring and Santi were named in Friday's paper for the Glenorchy Reserves. Wonder what the go was there? Returning from injuries/form/discipline?

I'm not overly surprised by the result there, Menza. But still at the same time expected Claremont to win, if that makes any sense at all.

Were very, very poor. Let Kermandie at times get their goals far, far too easily while they were made to work hard for theirs. The Robins to me seemed a hell of a lot more disciplined and hungrier.

Hanlon was extremely disappointing and the margin would have been terrible for Claremont if not for Brent Webster.

Results today, Kermandie over Claremont by about 6 goals, Sorell, Huonville, Dodges and the 'Farne all easily over Cygnet, Triabunna, Channel and the Hawks.

Premier League Glenorchy by about 150 over Kingborough, North Hobart by about the same over Brighton, Hobart over Norfick by 2 points, and Clarence by about 10 goals I think it was over their neighbours Lauderdale.

Does anyone know what the go was with Cassidy being "unavailable" for the Devils?

Saw him kick a goal on the news in the Hobart v New Norfolk highlights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back