Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if any of you guys on here have ever coached an U19's side in either the NTFL or SFL. Just wondering roughly how much money is a fair price to ask for without being greedy. A close friend of mine has been approached by a club and isnt sure. If anyone could help out and send me a private message it would be much appreciated.

I tell you wat Kingpin i would like to see Dyer in that position about as much id like cancer. Seriously Baker might not be much chop but he has it ova Dyer in every single possible way.....Atm there is no one on the board that has the capabilities to be president and until such time i dont think things will change!

Yep, the statement expressed to me was "replacing a snake with a turkey" in regard to that.
Biggest problem with Baker is that being the repellant character that he is, the club will never get anything go their way at league meetings, the league itself or with AFL Tasmania because he is so roundly disliked by all other directors and by AFL Tasmania, so they will deliberately vote against anything the club wants to spite him.

I'm absolutely serious on that.

Then there's that little problem of fans, workers and past players he's alienated from the club since he took over.
He split up the best 'family club' atmosphere you could ever come across.

Like I said before, I heard from people still connected with the club that Dyer wasn't much chop, and wouldn't make a good leader - but I've never met the man - so I can't comment on him.
As for the rest of the board - jelly sandwiches the lot of 'em - "Yes Mr Baker, No Mr Baker! Three bags full Mr Baker!"

The conundrum is, do you keep a cretin like Baker in charge who runs the real risk of alienating just about everybody ever connected with the club in the recent past, or do you have a stand-in who is guided (much like John Blake) but doesn't go making too many big decisions but keeps things ticking over, or do you hunt around for a suitable candidate within the former player groups with good business sense with an eye for tradition but keeps the club moving upwards, and who has decent people skills?

I would say the only thing Hobart has going for it is the playing list and the good young players they've got coming through, everything else is a dog's breakfast sadly.

PS: When do you start pre-season?

Yep, the statement expressed to me was "replacing a snake with a turkey" in regard to that.
Biggest problem with Baker is that being the repellant character that he is, the club will never get anything go their way at league meetings, the league itself or with AFL Tasmania because he is so roundly disliked by all other directors and by AFL Tasmania, so they will deliberately vote against anything the club wants to spite him.

Not very proffesional then if thats the case.

Training for Hobart started last night with 45 in attendnace which i think would almost be a record for a first nite at training. Also a record number of Hobart players are involved in the Devils/Mariners program with around 15 players involved last nite. Considering a couple of hobarts devil listed players from last year decided not to go back to Cresswell and his merry men this is a pretty exciting start.

FORMER Tassie Devils player Shane Wager has been appointed captain-coach of NTFL side the Northern Bombers.
Football director Tony Young said Wager, 24, would replace Rod Keogh, who had been appointed to coach the Burnie Dockers.
Wager quit the Devils at the end of 2005 after former coach Mathew Armstrong demanded that players move to Hobart to train and play.
Young said the Northern Bombers had also appointed assistant coach Max Pearce, reserves coach Wayne Kirby, and under-19s coach Michael Fox.
He said the club had also recruited several young players who had played country football this year.

Thought Chugg was a sure thing, he would be a pick up for any club.

Now this is what I like, the branches of the grapevines are starting to grow, and the info from my very, very reliable sources is starting to pick up.

Got told yesterday:

1. If he wants the job, Brendon Bolton will coach Kingborough in 2007. When I said to my source "Hasn't Goodwin got the job already" his reply was apparently that's not a concern for "Barra" and the Tiger hierarchy!

With Bolton a noted liker of money and Kingborough with a seemingly endless supply this one could almost be a done deal!

2. In fairness to this guy I won't release his name, but a leading Clarence Premiership player has been offered an Assistant coaching position with Glenorchy and has also been offered an obscene amount of money by the Huonville Lions. (To the guy who frequents this forum and knows who my Clarence source is, there's a big clue to the player in question's identity!).

The mind boggles what Wilbur35 would be offered if he was (a) still 20 years old and (b) not knackered with injuries!

3. Michael Darcy will "never" play for Cygnet again. Pud put in for the Coaching job for 2007, was allegedly given an assurance that he would get the job, only for the Cygnet committee to give the job to former North Hobart playing coach Steve Bozicevic. Darcy is apparently filthy on the club from whence he came and served so well!

I LOVE THE OFF SEASON! I LOVE GOSSIP!

Whoa, hang on!

In news just to hand, such is the regard he is held in by rival clubs, the recently re-born Campania Football Club have apparently made 18 year old teenage sensation Jarrod Kleeman an offer "too good to refuse" to be their 2007 Captain/Coach!

Kleeman's name alone is expected to drag mammoth crowds through the gates down at Campania and his involvement will no doubt result in record numbers out on the track for their first pre season run!

Campania's only worry is the draft. With Kleeman expected to go number 1 they shouldn't get their hopes up!

FORMER Tassie Devils player Shane Wager has been appointed captain-coach of NTFL side the Northern Bombers.
Football director Tony Young said Wager, 24, would replace Rod Keogh, who had been appointed to coach the Burnie Dockers.
Wager quit the Devils at the end of 2005 after former coach Mathew Armstrong demanded that players move to Hobart to train and play.
Young said the Northern Bombers had also appointed assistant coach Max Pearce, reserves coach Wayne Kirby, and under-19s coach Michael Fox.
He said the club had also recruited several young players who had played country football this year.

Thought Chugg was a sure thing, he would be a pick up for any club.

Pretty interesting selection. I wonder who the country players might be? My guess would be Roozendaal, Nic Sutton, Neil Oliver and maybe some Lilydale players from the NEFU.

2. In fairness to this guy I won't release his name, but a leading Clarence Premiership player has been offered an Assistant coaching position with Glenorchy and has also been offered an obscene amount of money by the Huonville Lions. (To the guy who frequents this forum and knows who my Clarence source is, there's a big clue to the player in question's identity!).

I think ive figured it out. Let me guess hes old mans an absolute idiot and his bro is going along ok as well?

Just saw the back of the Examiner from where Wager was appointed and big Roozer (from Bridport) was there with Joel Mountney (Winnaleah), Daniel Breadmore (Scottsdale NTFA) and some other bloke i didn't know. All three are very young and ex Mariner players. Breadmore has real talent (kicked 5 for North at the start of last year before falling out with Keogh and going back to Scottsdale). They will all make a difference to North. Roozer will have to do a lot of work though as he is really, really unfit. The opposite of Bready who as a 16 year old in TIS screening made it to level 17 in the beep test!

Gee you'd think Dale Chugg would be shattered losing out to wager. Chugg has coached Georgetown to what 5 or is it six flags in a row whilst wage hasn't coached at any level. Big call from the Bombers board. Good luck to Wage as the board will have big expectations of the team to perform well when it counts.

The opposite of Bready who as a 16 year old in TIS screening made it to level 17 in the beep test!
That is amazing... The record at the draft camp is only 15 something, so i find it very hard to believe he can make it to 17, which would be about the level of an olympic distance runner... Not calling you a liar, but someone might have messed up the measurements or something...

In other news, Channel has been going well with pre-pre-season training, with 35 blokes turning up most nights, and most of the boys attending both nights (Mon and Wed). Hopefully it could be the start of a new generation at Snug Park. Coach Johnstone has been well recived by players and has already proven to be a successful appointment. Hopefully this enthusiasm will last right thru til the end of the season and be shown on the scoreboard....

That is amazing... The record at the draft camp is only 15 something, so i find it very hard to believe he can make it to 17, which would be about the level of an olympic distance runner... Not calling you a liar, but someone might have messed up the measurements or something...

In other news, Channel has been going well with pre-pre-season training, with 35 blokes turning up most nights, and most of the boys attending both nights (Mon and Wed). Hopefully it could be the start of a new generation at Snug Park. Coach Johnstone has been well recived by players and has already proven to be a successful appointment. Hopefully this enthusiasm will last right thru til the end of the season and be shown on the scoreboard....

Burnie Premiership player Doug Rossiter will be attending training at some stage during the month. He is fit fast and a massive unit.
Have you been attending training Judbury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Penguin players or followers post here?
Just wondering what those around the club feel about David Law coming down to coach?

Meet him tomorrow for the first time. Spoke to him on the phone a few times and seems motivated and excited. But im not sure what sort of quality the leauge was he coached in who knows. Personally i think they have made a huge mistake by holding out so long and should of re-appointed Errol after he decided to re-apply.
Apparently heap of younger guys are going other places.
Elijah Taylor already signed with Burnie. Nick Butler, Luke Licht, Ben Fielding and the McDonald boys (Brad played at Glenorchy this year) all being courted by Devonport.
And all very young talented guys who seemed to relish Errols hardlined approach.

I was told by a reliable source that North Hobart have signed BOLTON WALKER, and GEAPPEN, for a reported $25000 for the package, and Glenorchy have signed Langmaid , will be interesting to see how accurate this mail is.

Glenorchy may have secured the services of Sorell ruckman Peter "choppa" Cross, chop was spotted at training last tuesday. He will join another former Sorell player in Heath Barwin who made the move last year.

Good to see players challenging themselves and having a crack at the premier league, unlike some others who drop back or stay in their comfort zone, happy to be big fish in a small pond......

That said im sure Sorell would welcome them both back at anytime with open arms!!

Glenorchy may have secured the services of Sorell ruckman Peter "choppa" Cross, chop was spotted at training last tuesday. He will join another former Sorell player in Heath Barwin who made the move last year.

Good to see players challenging themselves and having a crack at the premier league, unlike some others who drop back or stay in their comfort zone, happy to be big fish in a small pond......

That said im sure Sorell would welcome them both back at anytime with open arms!!
A Clarence key defender, part time ruckman may be on the move to Sorell, this could help offset any loss , to Glenorchy.

A Clarence key defender, part time ruckman may be on the move to Sorell, this could help offset any loss , to Glenorchy.

yeah i did hear that, sounds like he is almost over the line to.

have also seen Nathan Woolley about the place lately.

it was interesting the other night sorell had a players meeting at the clubrooms and Cameron Johnson was there,correct me if im wrong but isnt he still the Richmond coach? he wasnt inside at the time of the meeting but he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back