Tasmanian Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask him and he will tell you he is. Can be a very good player (dominated a grand final a couple of years back), very mobile for a tall fella. I used to play against him in juniors, at which time he wasn't very good, but has turned into a fair player. Hopefully not good enough to make them the number 1 team again.

Finals in both leagues this year will be very interesting...

Sounds like he's a cocky prick. Was he there in the early part when Clarence started well? They seemed to fall in a heap there for a while. Surely he can't make that big a difference? There was talk he had a couple of mates that were pretty handy sorts as well.... can't remember their names???

I would suggest that the southern sides who are most likely to be participants in the Statewide League (should it get off the ground) think long and hard before committing.

Turning their back on the SFL for a competition that is doomed for failure before it even begins does not seem like sound logic to me.

I would hate to see the so-called power clubs have to bow, beg and grovel to the SFL for re-admittance AGAIN should things pan out the way I expect that they will.

It would not be too much of a stretch to suggest that the SFL may not have them back & we may see a club with great tradition (ie Clarence or Glenorchy) without a competion to play in.

Cool bananas :D ... I just had a look at the My Space thingy ... gawd I hate the look of My Space ... but I like the info you're putting up!

I wanna hear more on Mole Creek!

I think Roorat can help on the Mole Creek info, as he knows more from around that way ;)

To try and broaden the site up a bit, from next Wednesday, I'll be doing a talking point bulletin, one on the hot topic in sport that week (varying from AFL right through to local football). Just to loosen it all up :D

I've got a few ideas down already, so have a look next Wednesday...;)

I would suggest that the southern sides who are most likely to be participants in the Statewide League (should it get off the ground) think long and hard before committing.

Turning their back on the SFL for a competition that is doomed for failure before it even begins does not seem like sound logic to me.

I would hate to see the so-called power clubs have to bow, beg and grovel to the SFL for re-admittance AGAIN should things pan out the way I expect that they will.

It would not be too much of a stretch to suggest that the SFL may not have them back & we may see a club with great tradition (ie Clarence or Glenorchy) without a competion to play in.
Are these the only teams with tradition, or have they indicated that they are the only two teams wishing to enter this competition.

Are these the only teams with tradition, or have they indicated that they are the only two teams wishing to enter this competition.

Glenorchy and Clarence were used as examples only Old Lion. You would not have to exercise too much grey matter to know that the teams most likely to participate in a reformed Statewide league are the ex-TFL clubs.

I wanna hear more on Mole Creek!
Mole Creek is a very small town about 20 mins away from Deloraine. Not sure where the name came from but most of the girls are very respectable. The footy team is the atypical bush footy team, rough and ready, light training and a session at the bar following training and games. Ages range from 16 to about 50 so grand kids sometimes play with grand parents.

Heard a whisper today that Scottsdale are set to lose 4 premiership points for playing an unregistered player against Bridgenorth early in the roster. The player in question had come back from a year interstate and the paper work was not finalised.

I didn't realise it was school holidays again.

Every 6 months the tossers arrive. Hopefully they will leave just as suddenly.

That is true that we are weaker than we were last year, but we still have the potential to pull off an upset victory, if teams take us too easy.

I saw Cygnet's win coming. I think they, on their day, are the strongest team in the comp, and I wouldn't be at all suprised if they make it to the GF. They have the strongest forward line by far (Darcy, Walter, Lamprill, Creek) and have good players all over the ground. look for them to make a major push from here in.
It is no wonder Channel are struggling if this is the attitude of ppl. When are ppl going to rate a side on FORM not reputation.... Claremont beat Cygnet(and from what i hear Claremont didn't play that well) and then Huonville smashed Claremont(a team u didn't rate in your top 5 chances to win the flag) Who might i add is a game clear on top!!!!!!! I've adopted the lions in the regional to join my beloved tigers in the prem league... Atleast i'll have some silver to play with come sep!!!!! When are ppl going to rate them??????? And i'd say a forward line of Mcgregor, Joyce, Sullivan, Garth as well as the midfielders of the best onball brigade in the comp as the other 2 spots up forward looks much MUCH more potant to me!!!!!

It is no wonder Channel are struggling if this is the attitude of ppl. When are ppl going to rate a side on FORM not reputation.... Claremont beat Cygnet(and from what i hear Claremont didn't play that well) and then Huonville smashed Claremont(a team u didn't rate in your top 5 chances to win the flag) Who might i add is a game clear on top!!!!!!! I've adopted the lions in the regional to join my beloved tigers in the prem league... Atleast i'll have some silver to play with come sep!!!!! When are ppl going to rate them??????? And i'd say a forward line of Mcgregor, Joyce, Sullivan, Garth as well as the midfielders of the best onball brigade in the comp as the other 2 spots up forward looks much MUCH more potant to me!!!!!

One thing, Claremont are awful on the Road!
Yeah, this year they beat Triabunna, Channel and Lindisfarne. But when it comes to the big matches down the Huon they just can't click.
I haven't got the record book near me atm, but when I do, I'll give you all the rundown for Claremont's record against Huon Teams since the Regional League began in 2002.

My opinion mate, that is all it is. I am not saying that is definitely how it will pan out, but having played against all these teams for the last 3 years, I have formed an opinion... I would be quite happy for Huonville to prove me wrong, they are a good bunch of fellas, but they have not done a lot in finals the last few years, and I think they may struggle when teams like Dodges and maybe Ctgnet get up and running. My prediction is a Kermandie v Dodges grand final, but a Kermandie v Huonville or Cygnet gf would be a mouth-watering prospect...

Kermandie v Dodges now is it?

You've been saying Kermandie v Cygnet up until now!

Now sportstalk,

Let me save you the trouble.

Apart from 2002 when Claremont made the Preliminary Final, they have pretty much sucked, winning about 15 games at a guess from 2003-06.

I'm tipping over that times their record wasn't real flash against the Huon teams and other teams too - at both home and away.

How nervous would setlikejelly be now - knowing tomorrow he will possibly get to meet the great man!

Don't worry Wilbur35 - I also noticed in todays rag that you've moved up to the Bunna ones!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion mate, that is all it is. I am not saying that is definitely how it will pan out, but having played against all these teams for the last 3 years, I have formed an opinion... I would be quite happy for Huonville to prove me wrong, they are a good bunch of fellas, but they have not done a lot in finals the last few years, and I think they may struggle when teams like Dodges and maybe Ctgnet get up and running. My prediction is a Kermandie v Dodges grand final, but a Kermandie v Huonville or Cygnet gf would be a mouth-watering prospect...

or maybe we'll see the grand final preview at Bothwell tomorrow?

I know I'm expecting an absolute ripper :thumbsu:

Heard a whisper today that Scottsdale are set to lose 4 premiership points for playing an unregistered player against Bridgenorth early in the roster. The player in question had come back from a year interstate and the paper work was not finalised.
In the NTFA program for tomorrow it says that both Scottsdale and Uni-Mowbray have both lost 4 premiership points for playing unregistered players in their round 2 clashes. Scottsdales was against Bridgenorth but not sure who Uni-mowbrays was against.

Yes Barge and I have prepared on your diet....2 large pizzas and a gut full of BOAGS!!
Speaking of Boags, got given one of the new Boags Blonde to try tonight, not a bad drop, a third of the carbs and still 4.5%. Very important when we need to keep fit for maximum forum typing speed.

Yes Barge and I have prepared on your diet....2 large pizzas and a gut full of BOAGS!!

Hear Hear! Im up Launnie now having a few Boags washed down with a lamb souvlaki from the take away shop across the Royal - superb!

Watching the OL's v Perth(?) game today - lets hope there is a good contest.

Barge - Make sure you leave a hot dog for Jelly after the game, I know what you are like when it comes to hot dogs and bbq sauce.

VFL - Round 15
{Full Time} Frankston 24.7 (151) - Tasmania Devils 10.12 (72)

SFL Premier League - Round 14 (Split Round)
{Full Time} Clarence 28.10 (178) - Kingborough 6.7 (43)
{Full Time} New Norfolk 12.16 (88) - Nth Hobart 12.11 (83)

SFL Regional League - Round 15
{Full Time} Dodges Ferry 13.12 (90) - Sorell 8.8 (56)
{Full Time} Claremont 27.15 (177) - Channel 4.8 (32)
{Full Time} Kermandie 21.14 (140) - Cygnet 8.11 (59)
{Full Time} Central Hawks 21.12 (138) - Huonville Lions 16.7 (103)
{Full Time} Lindisfarne 19.19 (133) - Triabunna 10.16 (76)

NTFL - Round 17
{Full Time} Launceston 24.20 (164) - Sth Launceston 9.14 (68)
{Full Time} Burnie Dockers 17.21 (123) - Smithton 15.5 (95)
{Full Time} Ulverstone 20.23 (143) - Latrobe 13.13 (91)
{Full Time} Penguin 23.9 (147) - East Devonport 10.5 (65)
{Full Time} Nth Launceston 23.18 (156) - Wynyard 10.7 (67)

NTFA Division 1 - Round 14
{Full Time} Deloraine 15.15 (105) - Bridgenorth 12.5 (77)
{Full Time} Longford 27.16 (178) - Hillwood 4.5 (29)

NTFA Division 2 - Round 15
{Full Time} Fingal Valley 33.27 (225) - Evandale 4.3 (27)
{Full Time} Tamar Cats 44.23 (287) - Campbell Town 5.3 (33)
{Full Time} University-Mowbray 16.13 (109) - St Patrick's 14.9 (93)
{Full Time} Perth - Old Launcestonians (Indicipherable)

Scores Courtesy ABC Radio 936.
NTFA Division 2 scores more than likely to be wrong.
F***ing hopeless. :rolleyes:

Good crowd too at Pembroke Park today, about 1000-1500 thereabouts, very vocal crowd early on. Got there about 12:30 and I couldn't

Allan Haw among the action in all columns of the stats sheet, 5 goals, 3 50m penalities, 10 marks, and prob 15-20 possies.

Sorell, very gritty, defence worked overtime, kept them in the match right up till probably 21-22 minutes into the last. Sorell were let down by turnovers and poor finishing. Dodges struggled too at times, but were more efficent on a consistent basis.

Dodges dominated the first 8 minutes of play (kicked 1.5), the last 10 minutes (2 goals in a row), and the last 10 minutes (last 3 goals).

Umpiring on the whole was fair, couple of odd decisions, but fair all the same. :thumbsu:

VFL
Frankston 24.7.151
Tasmania 10.12.72

SFL Premier
Clarence 28.9.177
Kingborough 6.7.43

New Norfolk 12.16.88
North Hobart 12.11.83

SFL Regional
Dodges Ferry 13.12.90
Sorell 8.8.56

Central Hawks 21.12.138