News Taylor Adams coming to Pies? Hine: "Yeah, I think so"

What do you reckon about this drawn out trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure on the specific FA rules but if both parties want to tear up a contract they can certainly do it without any payment. Under nornmal circumstances if we did that there would be no salary cap hit as no salary would be paid. Similar to if we renegotiated the timing of payments we can adjust which year's salary cap takes the hit - which often happens to balance cap squeeze or front load when space opens up.

It only produces a salary cap issues if there is a payout as far I am aware. The question is whether that pushes him into free agency or is there some sort of nomination period?

If we are being realistic we aren't a competitor for a flag next year

finished 8th this year and lose plenty of experience in the off season

I have no problem with shaw going to hawthorn or geelong as he can only give them 1-2 great years and in that time we will be rebuilding

That is a terrible suggestion.

No way do we want to boost either of those teams. Shaw might go for another 5 years. I'm fairly confident the lure from GWS will be hard to resist as time wears on.

That is a terrible suggestion.

No way do we want to boost either of those teams. Shaw might go for another 5 years. I'm fairly confident the lure from GWS will be hard to resist as time wears on.

I'd be more worried of GWS in 4 years time than Geelong or Hawthorn :oops:

Be interesting to see if we do work some magic to get pick 1, forget adams and go for boyd.

Shaw, any 2 of goldsack/blair/martin , pick 11 to GWS
Pick 1, 19 to pies

We would have

Pick 1 boyd
Pick 10 bontempilli/ Kolodjashnij
Pick 19 dumont/ acres

2nd rounder for henderson
3rd rounder for white

Dont u just love hypotheticals

Man id love to snare both but im asking for too much i know.. God damn it, we would all be happy motherf*ckers if we somehow managed Adams and Boyde... GWS really want Shaw it seems. Footy Gods, hear our prayers :footy::footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon we might be using 11 on Adams today.

We can sort Shaw out later.

We don't have 11 at the moment, Pies haven't even said they won't match Thomas's offer yet.
Even though most know we won't.

But in saying that, if it comes down to Adams saying that he doesn't care where he goes between Us and Geelong, We have Shaw or a better draft pick than Geelong. We should be the front runners.

Trade Radio are being told there is a good chance the Adams deal will be done today. From this news I'm afraid it might not be us since Heater hasn't made up his mind yet.

We don't have 11 at the moment, Pies haven't even said they won't match Thomas's offer yet.

But in saying that, if it comes down to Adams saying that he doesn't care where he goes between Us and Geelong, We have Shaw or a better draft pick than Geelong. We should be the front runners.

This. We can't offer a pick we haven't even been allocated yet & expect this is what is going to get the deal done today. If the Adams deal involves a draft pick only then it will be pick 10.

I'd be 100% certain Collingwood have the statement typed up stating they won't match the Thomas deal, which would bring pick 11 into existence. We don't have to use the full 3 days. That's all that's needed to get the thing done, assuming GWS and Adams are open to it.

It may be better to link it directly to a Shaw swap, but might be better to take a sure thing now than wait 7 days for Shaw to make his mind up.

Adams for Shaw?

BU-mfXYCIAA3fxU.jpg
could some wizard please photoshop Dexter Morgan's head onto Adams' sholders here.. the simularities are uncanny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back