Taylor Walker's dangerous tackle on Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe he got a free. Should get a couple at least that was dangerous.

Richmond player had time, got tackled, no high contact at all (head didn't hit the ground, shoulder did), not pushed in the back, absolutely no injury, didn't dispose of the ball correctly ... holding the ball.

No malice, definitely in the play, no high contact, no rough play, didn't pin arms, no impact at all ... how would this even get a review by the MRP? On what grounds?

could go two ways,

No injury which as far as we know there wasn't so no report.
or
Prior history, broke code of conduct was dangerous and they give him weeks.

Wont be anymore than 3 id say. maybe 3, and then two with early guilty plea?

Whole situation could have probably been avoided if the umpire blew the whistle a little sooner.

Richmond player had time, got tackled, no high contact at all (head didn't hit the ground, shoulder did), not pushed in the back, absolutely no injury, didn't dispose of the ball correctly ... holding the ball.

No malice, definitely in the play, no high contact, no rough play, didn't pin arms, no impact at all ... how would this even get a review by the MRP? On what grounds?
You can't pick a player up turn them around and drop them on the ground. That tackle was just a dirty act. Walker has prior's for being a dirty campaigner as well - see last week pushing Thompson into the post.

Wont be anymore than 3 id say. maybe 3, and then two with early guilty plea?

On what grounds? What is the MRP going to claim he should be given points for? No injury, no high contact, no malice, ball in play ... what the hell are they going to claim he did wrong?

Whole situation could have probably been avoided if the umpire blew the whistle a little sooner.

The umpire had to give the Richmond player time to dispose of the ball, which he failed to do.

By the way Morris reacted you could tell he thought what Walker did was not right.

It's good to go in hard, but not good to try and cripple your opponent.

You can't pick a player up turn them around and drop them on the ground. That tackle was just a dirty act. Walker has prior's for being a dirty silly as well - see last week pushing Thompson into the post.

Grounds? No injury, no high contact, didn't pin arms, ball in play, zero impact ... correct decision was holding the ball.

In footy, one is supposed to tackle opposition players with the ball. If the opposition play is totally unharmed by the tackle, how was it "dirty"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grounds? No injury, no high contact, didn't pin arms, ball in play, zero impact ... correct decision was holding the ball.

In footy, one is supposed to tackle opposition players with the ball. If the opposition play is totally unharmed by the tackle, how was it "dirty"?
Because it was only luck stopping him from being hurt. He easily could've been with a monouvre like that.

You've missed 'very dangerous and looks bad on TV'. I think he would be very lucky to get off, as the AFL has been trying to stamp this out since Peter Burgoyne upended Daniel Kerr in similar fashion about 10 years ago.

On what grounds? What is the MRP going to claim he should be given points for? No injury, no high contact, no malice, ball in play ... what the hell are they going to claim he did wrong?.

You're taking the piss... Could have easily damaged his spine/neck. High contact was made when he dumped him in the ground. You could easily make an argument that the ball wasn't in play as his action doesn't not constitute a legitimate component of a tackle. One of the more reckless things I've seen in the past few years and easily the worst sling/spear tackle I've seen.

I haven't seen the tackle yet but he has already got away with a few interesting incidents last week. Personally I thought he should have got some kind of punishment for the push into the goal post (even if it was just a reprimand).

Because it was only luck stopping him from being hurt. He easily could've been with a monouvre like that.
So he was unlucky H Taylor hit his head and Tex was rubbed out. Franklin was lucky his player didn't get concussed and was let off, Walker is lucky his player didn't hit his head or get injured but should be rubbed out? Plus he got the free, if they rub him out the umpire should also be dropped for the same amount of games.

I haven't seen the tackle yet but he has already got away with a few interesting incidents last week. Personally I thought he should have got some kind of punishment for the push into the goal post (even if it was just a reprimand).
Seriously? I didnt see this? What's wrong with the bloke? Is he 3?

Already a thread on this, mods please merge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Walker's dangerous tackle on Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back