Coach Teague in or out?

Teague in or out?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hilarious.....

good to see you conveniently cut out the section which acknowledged he’s been crueled by injuries and let down by Lloyd.👍🏽

I don’t despise the bloke like many do here. In fact I wouldn’t be opposed to continuing with him (provided he’s got elite assistants).

But, if Clarkson wants the job it’s a simple decision imo.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or its the right thread to ask it. If Teague somehow manages to pull off a miracle and get 1 more year who are peoples thoughts on who are some assistant coaches to look at. Anyone have a list or thoughts of potentials?

If the spine of the side really really want him he stays -- if they were 50/50 and had options and preferred the options he will be packing his bags --- I doubt any one is naive enough not to believe the club has not spoke to Lyon etc after the first 8 rounds -- the review will make there shortlist a very shortlist .. or maybe they have Lloyd replacement with teague staying -- sacking Bolton easy as his record spoke for itself and player were in fighting -- only those with privileged information will know how the group is rallying behind teague ..
As a side keeping guys on as coaches who think they should be playing is also dangerous and I wonder if it would of been better for simmo to swim in other waters before coming back -- it also a worry if Eddie thinks he should be playing but we force him into coaching -

You're absolutely reaching here...

It's clear to everyone where he got most of his possessions... and no, it's not even remotely close to any other heatmap of his this season... there's no red or even orange in the center square...

So much for your 3 seconds then moved straight to the mid...
Yes the one that looked like a big dick was his best effort of painting a heat map

Our players are far too conceited and self absorbed , it should be i
all about the team and it’s performance, and how to achieve success.
If they just can’t win 10/11 games, its be years, what are we trying to achieve? the green shoots have dropped, its time to reflect and make serious changes, Let’s face the music once and for all.

It is time to restart a new era hopefully with Clarkson or Lyon. I am sad tonight remembering the hope of when we were wooden spooners but collecting the prized no 1 picks of Kreuz, Gibbs and Murph and thinking then this would drive the club back to the top. On Saturday night they are all gone and I can only think we missed a huge opportunity to build a club around these guys. We now need a new direction and a new start to develop our young list and build around our current champions like Cripps, weiters, Mckay and Walshy.
Go Baggers!

We have still got someone inside the club blabbing/leaking info the press about the review and some of the findings.

If that person is on the board, they need to step down ASAP and if it's someone in the footy dept, they should be sacked on the spot.

Loose lips sink ships and all that.

BTW I don't like the guy at all but I can't fault what Malthouse said at all, in many ways I feel like our current board is like a team of political bureaucrats, really good at crunching numbers and all that, but not really qualified to run a football club properly.

We need to get more qualified football people wjo are also successful businessmen in their own right onto the board, like Fraser Brown imo.

Stop throwing up Fraser Brown's name, he is the least appropriate person to be on our board that there could be. Apart from knowing that he runs a successful business and was a former Carlton player can you tell me what it is about Fraser that would make him suitable? Do you consider him to be of good character?

Stop throwing up Fraser Brown's name, he is the least appropriate person to be on our board that there could be. Apart from knowing that he runs a successful business and was a former Carlton player can you tell me what it is about Fraser that would make him suitable? Do you consider him to be of good character?
Ruthless, No

Ruthless, No

I want to know if he's of good character or is it the same Fraser that used to go around king hitting people in pubs? Is that a description of ruthless? The same Fraser that would hit somebody then run leaving the club (Mathieson) to tidy up his messes. No Thanks

I want to know if he's of good character or is it the same Fraser that used to go around king hitting people in pubs? Is that a description of ruthless? The same Fraser that would hit somebody then run leaving the club (Mathieson) to tidy up his messes. No Thanks
Ruthless he pursues what he wants and leave nothing in the tank doing so Business Football and Life.

No in my view he is not a "person" of good character.

Would he tolerate our list of prima donna's hell No.
Give him 1 year and get him out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today changes nothing, he was gone weeks ago. What today reinforces for me is that maybe a few players outside of the obvious retirements should go as well.

Interested to see those undecided and retain what their thoughts are now
In all fairness, he was a dead coach walking when they announced the Review mid-season. it was unfair and they lied, stating that it was not about the coach, and that he would be there next year. We all knew that was bulltish. Now the report is being leaked and it has slaughtered Teague. The review should have been done post-season without interference.

Today changes nothing, he was gone weeks ago. What today reinforces for me is that maybe a few players outside of the obvious retirements should go as well.
Agree. There not much to be learnt from today on a coaching perspective. However you learn a lot about some of the characteristics of players on days like today.

In all fairness, he was a dead coach walking when they announced the Review mid-season. it was unfair and they lied, stating that it was not about the coach, and that he would be there next year. We all knew that was bulltish. Now the report is being leaked and it has slaughtered Teague. The review should have been done post-season without interference.
Not sure I would like any other club have the pick of the best of the available coaches whilst we await the results of a review.

Agree with your overall sentiments though.

Not sure I would like any other club have the pick of the best of the available coaches whilst we await the results of a review.

Agree with your overall sentiments though.
We are competing with Collingwood. Every other club are happy with their coach. There was no urgency.

technically it was more than just the coach … more like who else needs to go …. Barker … Teague… Russell ….

technically it was more than just the coach … more like who else needs to go …. Barker … Teague… Russell ….
Barker was sacked before the review started, which again was very disrespectful considering the service he had given. He made it clear he would not be there next year, but Sayers wanted to make himself sound ruthless by sacking him. Non-football people who think everything can be solved by sacking people. Was there an exit interview? Did they ask Barker about his thoughts and input? You can learn a lot about your operation by listening to people who leave. Did any of the people tasked with the review speak to him about the players? All good for the players to pot the coach, how about allowing the coaches to make observations about the players in an open manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back