Teague wins Carlton B&F!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Outoftheblue said:
Even allowing for the fact that players fit in differently at different clubs, I wonder what Laidley had against Teague?

There were a few reasons posted on the Roos board last season when he wasn't getting a run and when the trade went through - most had the usual explanations of lack of pace, lack of vision, etc. etc. No-one on the staff questioned his hardness at the ball though.

However, there was one suggestion that stuck in my mind. Apparrantly Laidley had reservations about Teague's shelf-life as a footballer. Teague takes an awful lot of hits to the head when going for the ball - so the question was how long could he take those hits before hanging up the boots?

Shinboners said:
There were a few reasons posted on the Roos board last season when he wasn't getting a run and when the trade went through - most had the usual explanations of lack of pace, lack of vision, etc. etc. No-one on the staff questioned his hardness at the ball though.

However, there was one suggestion that stuck in my mind. Apparrantly Laidley had reservations about Teague's shelf-life as a footballer. Teague takes an awful lot of hits to the head when going for the ball - so the question was how long could he take those hits before hanging up the boots?
That doesnt make much sense... he would retire younger because of the way he plays, so he doesnt play at all?

It shows you how much talent we have...

With Matty Lappin, still out best player of the year, finishing third.

He still made the All Australian team, so he would be rapt.

Well done Teague'y!

stokesy said:
It shows you how much talent we have...

With Matty Lappin, still out best player of the year, finishing third.

He still made the All Australian team, so he would be rapt.

Well done Teague'y!

You should rephrase that to read "It shows you how much talent we DON'T have..."!

Carlton, once a power of the VFL/AFL is no more! The reason they were a power for all those years was due to corruption. CHEATS!

:p

Grrrrr said:
You should rephrase that to read "It shows you how much talent we DON'T have..."!

Carlton, once a power of the VFL/AFL is no more! The reason they were a power for all those years was due to corruption. CHEATS!

:p
One flag under the salary cap and no smoke associated with that year either. How do you explain the rest of our history? Whether you have an emoticon or not, the comment is sweeping and ignorant. Welcome to BigFooty.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
One flag under the salary cap and no smoke associated with that year either. How do you explain the rest of our history? Whether you have an emoticon or not, the comment is sweeping and ignorant. Welcome to BigFooty.
he's a stkilda supporter what do you expect, they've beaten us like 6 times in their history against us beating them about 342 times. They haven't even won a flag as far as i know, whereas a good set of shades is req'd when walking through the carlton social club due to glare off big silver shiney things in cabinets.

MarkT said:
No smoke? Mate I think you've inhaled too much of it. No smoke he says....
Well come on, oh conspiracy theorist extraordinaire, lay it on the table. Find me a media article, an AFL release, circumstantial evidence or anything that puts us in the hot seat in 1995. Until then, you've got nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deej said:
he's a stkilda supporter what do you expect, they've beaten us like 6 times in their history against us beating them about 342 times. They haven't even won a flag as far as i know, whereas a good set of shades is req'd when walking through the carlton social club due to glare off big silver shiney things in cabinets.

Yeah...Those "shiney things" in the CSC cabinet is all you will get to see. The wheel has turned full circle.

Carlton = whipping boys of the competion.
St. Kilda = up and coming powerhouse.

And you want proof?

Round 10 2004
St. Kilda 31.10.196
Carlton 13.10.88 What's that? 108 points

Round 17 2003
St. Kilda 26.10.166
Carlton 11.9.75 What's that? 91 points

Carlton is now our b*tch! Hahahahahahaha...

Grrrrr said:
Yeah...Those "shiney things" in the CSC cabinet is all you will get to see. The wheel has turned full circle.

And you want proof?

Round 10 2004
St. Kilda 31.10.196

Round 17 2003
St. Kilda 26.10.166

I am sure if they felt you were worth it, ODN and Deej would hang on to this post.

The wheel may turn again quicker than you think.

Grrrrr said:

And you want proof?

Round 10 2004
St. Kilda 31.10.196

Round 17 2003
St. Kilda 26.10.166

you sound like a banwagon supporter to me mate!!!!

no true blue saint fan would bag ne one!!! as they know the pain of being cellar dwellers for many years!!!! btw where not whipping boys ne more ;)

so get the ******** outa my thread!!!

oh and your so called powerhouse will have its season ended tonight!!! :p

Jars458 said:
I am sure if they felt you were worth it, ODN and Deej would hang on to this post.

They're welcome to do what they want with my post! :)

And so are you...

:D

Jars458 said:

Couldn't give less of a stuff about em. Actually wouldn't mind if the saints won the flag, poor sods haven't won one in something like 85 years or so. This is what the system is designed for, to give charity flags to the peasent clubs like stkilda.

BlueBoy83 said:
you sound like a banwagon supporter to me mate!!!!

no true blue saint fan would bag ne one!!! as they know the pain of being cellar dwellers for many years!!!!

so get the ******** outa my thread!!!

Is that bandwagon? I've been a supporter longer than you have been born mate! :cool: Paid up and passionate!

I've been through the good and bad times and have stuck with The Saints through and through. Same can't be said about your supporters though...

Pathetic side!

Grrrrr said:
They're welcome to do what they want with my post! :)

And so are you...

:D

your one sad mother ********ing individual!!!!

a 33 yr old on this website acting like a jeuvenile little ********!!!

GET A LIFE!!!

Grrrrr said:
Is that bandwagon? I've been a supporter longer than you have been born mate! :cool: Paid up and passionate!

I've been through the good and bad times and have stuck with The Saints through and through. Same can't be said about your supporters though...

Pathetic side!

Read my previous post ....

GET A LIFE!!!

BlueBoy83 said:
your one sad mother ********ing individual!!!!

a 33 yr old on this website acting like a jeuvenile little ********!!!

GET A LIFE!!!

It's juvenile! :) Man, don't they teach you to spell at school any more?

I'm entitled to have my opinion just as much as you are...Good, bad or indifferent.

Jars458 said:
Do you really think he will be around very long?

It's funny hearing St. Kilda and powerhouse in the same sentence. Albert Park and powerhouse I'll buy, Collingwood, Essendon, Adelaide, West Coast and yes even Carlton I can understand. But St. Kilda? They certainly look to have a good squad at present and yep they won the odd game this year but powerhouse?

Anyway, good luck to them. After careful and very painful deliberation I'm hoping for a Saints or Sydney premiership this year. That'll just leave St. Kilda a decade or two of powerhousedom assuming all goes very well in that time. Unfortunately 100 years of damage doesn’t wash away with a spring shower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague wins Carlton B&F!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back