Teague wins Carlton B&F!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

ODN & DEEJ:

http://www.crikey.com.au/business/2001/03/04-jess.html

"Mr Oliver said he first became aware that he was to receive his player payments from Secureinvest after he approached CFC for payments and was referred to Mr Jess. He said he was told by CFC that all payments would be paid through Mr Jess who would be "looking after my affairs". Mr Oliver said he received a cheque within about two weeks of that inquiry from Secureinvest who he had not heard of at that time and queried the identity of this corporation. Mr Oliver said he rang Mr Jess and was told "it wasn't for me to worry about, that it was legal and above board and that this was how it was going to be paid". Thereafter he said he received payments throughout the 1994 playing season and some payments in early 1995."

SMOKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrrrr said:
St. Kilda = up and coming powerhouse.

Dear god...after there first final (after god knows how many years) and total humiliation at that, they can still posts this dribble. :rolleyes:
As I have mentioned before on numerous times.....learn to walk before you run. :D

Grrrrr said:
Yeah...Those "shiney things" in the CSC cabinet is all you will get to see. The wheel has turned full circle.

Carlton = whipping boys of the competion.

And you want proof?

Round 10 2004
St. Kilda 31.10.196
Carlton 13.10.88 What's that? 108 points

Round 17 2003
St. Kilda 26.10.166
Carlton 11.9.75 What's that? 91 points

Carlton is now our b*tch! Hahahahahahaha...

i spot a huge right bicep...

SurreyBlue said:
Dear god...after there first final (after god knows how many years)
5, you're up to 3 btw
SurreyBlue said:
and total humiliation at that,
even powerhouses get whacked at the Gabba in finals
some even by the Bears

SurreyBlue said:
they can still posts this dribble. :rolleyes:
As I have mentioned before on numerous times.....learn to walk before you run. :D

Agreed, Grandfather who sagely reminds us what it is like to run ;) despite it now being past him

BlueBoy83 said:
you sound like a banwagon supporter to me mate!!!!

no true blue saint fan would bag ne one!!! as they know the pain of being cellar dwellers for many years!!!! btw where not whipping boys ne more ;)

so get the ******** outa my thread!!!

oh and your so called powerhouse will have its season ended tonight!!! :p

I will say one thing, if you pick 1 point in the season where our season started to unravel, it was the Carlton game.

Some serious frontrunning and players getting a little hungry.

Falchoon said:
I will say one thing, if you pick 1 point in the season where our season started to unravel, it was the Carlton game.

Some serious frontrunning and players getting a little hungry.

i think thats what ur coach said as well ...

i hope u guys take a leaf outa our book, after all our belting this week we came up and won the following week ... good luck!

MarkT said:
ODN & DEEJ:

http://www.crikey.com.au/business/2001/03/04-jess.html

"Mr Oliver said he first became aware that he was to receive his player payments from Secureinvest after he approached CFC for payments and was referred to Mr Jess. He said he was told by CFC that all payments would be paid through Mr Jess who would be "looking after my affairs". Mr Oliver said he received a cheque within about two weeks of that inquiry from Secureinvest who he had not heard of at that time and queried the identity of this corporation. Mr Oliver said he rang Mr Jess and was told "it wasn't for me to worry about, that it was legal and above board and that this was how it was going to be paid". Thereafter he said he received payments throughout the 1994 playing season and some payments in early 1995."

SMOKIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly, the AFL did nothing about this allegation. Secondly, the article refers to payments from 1994 and early 1995. Stephen Oliver left the club at the end of 1994. We didn't sack him, we didn't pay out his contract bypassing the 1995 salary cap. If we did indeed go over the cap, we did it before 1995 and merely took some time to make the payment. Oliver was there from 1992 to 1994. The payments relate to that period.

This is contrary to the Stephen O'Reilly case where he was paid out for the year that he was no longer there.

Thanks Mark, turns out that the smoke was only fragrant incense ... for 1995 at least.

SurreyBlue said:
Dear god...after there first final (after god knows how many years) and total humiliation at that, they can still posts this dribble. :rolleyes:

Interesting...QUOTE: "St. Kilda = up and coming powerhouse". WTF did I mention they were a powerhouse you clown!?

And what is it with Carlton supporters? Can't spell or use proper English!

No teeth are to Collingwood as lack of English is to Carlton.

Great work by Teague - he's as gutsy as they come for his stature. Good to see a player of his ilk was recognised by the Carlton heirachy over some fairly stiff competition, Stevens, Lappin, Fevola, et al.

what was funny was watching the footy show and seeing sammy start laughing when he heard it was teague that won the b&f...

they had to cut to a commercial break....

:D :D :D

ODN

You said no smoke and asked for an article or something. Well there is one right there which clearly spells out why there IS smoke. If you want to now ask for a burden of proof to be discharged and hide behind that then you go right ahead. All I said was there was smoke. My opinion is not something you will accept, nor will you accept various things I know from dealings with certain people in the know so there is not much point me saying much more. Suffice to say IMO and that is a bloody strong opinion Carlton have been done for a lot less than they got away with.

As for no charges, the article in question refers to Tax Office action and penalties. In other words the ATO found undeclared income and the explanation was salary cap avoidance and it covered the 1995 premiership year. Payments for 1995 are 1995 payments. That is part of the whole arrangement.

FWIW this is far from the only Jess client to have some ATO trouble. I have to be guarded in what I say but did you see a news story re a Mr. Lyon a while back? There are others.

Now you can chose to hide behind technicalities and a burden of proof and say there is not even a hint of smoke but I wonder if you are even fooling yourself. I s'pose these types of arrangements to circumvent the cap happened in 1993, 1994, not in 1995 and started up again at some other point in time. I suppose Williams and Brown were not involved in unpunished salary cap avoidance. I suppose the 1987 exemption for the form fours was able to be handled as soon as the moratorium ran out within the cap and that had nothing to do with the MO of Elliot who only went bad at the end and I suppose the tooth fairy might be real too. Oh and I suppose the AFL are both competent and honest enough to find every breach and make it public even when one of their own is involved. Yes, Santa I’ve been a good boy!

The fact the AFL didn't lay a charge raises more questions about the AFL than anything else.... you did ask for conspiracy theories didn't you??

STILL SMOKIN’ BABY!

Oh yeh, you can put this in the "just another ratbag Carlton kicker" dismissal bin if you like.

FWIW Teague was great for Carlton and North would love him back. He'd slot staright into North's 18 and be one of their very best. If he backs up and improves again next year he will be one of the better ball playing defenders in the comp. You can't help but admire how he goes about it. He has improved after getting a chance to show his wares. Much the same as Scotland. Good luck to them both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grrrrr said:
You should rephrase that to read "It shows you how much talent we DON'T have..."!

Carlton, once a power of the VFL/AFL is no more! The reason they were a power for all those years was due to corruption. CHEATS!

:p

Prove it. There was no salary cap when the majority of our premierships were won so I'm guessing it will be even harder for you.

Fademan77 said:
what was funny was watching the footy show and seeing sammy start laughing when he heard it was teague that won the b&f...

they had to cut to a commercial break....

:D :D :D

i think there was more to him laughing than that ...

otherwise he's a bigger moron than i thought ...

he may have had a bet with fevola on who won who knows ... i doubt he was laughing at teague winning it?? well i hope not thats pretty damn harsh otherwise.

Carlton = whipping boys of the competion.

And you want proof?

Round 10 2004
St. Kilda 31.10.196
Carlton 13.10.88 What's that? 108 points

Round 17 2003
St. Kilda 26.10.166
Carlton 11.9.75 What's that? 91 points

Carlton is now our b*tch! Hahahahahahaha...

We were never your bitch. According to our head-to-head record:

Games played:198
Won: 156
Lost: 40
Drawn 2

The last two three, six, nine, twenty games is never a reflection of what one club has done to another since the beginning. You need to take ALL games into account... you've got a lot of catching up to do. Two big wins in your favour is not enough.

As for a powerhouse, win a premiership first then we can talk. Brisbane is the only powerhouse at the moment.

MarkT said:
ODN

You said no smoke and asked for an article or something. Well there is one right there which clearly spells out why there IS smoke. <snip>

Mark, it's all very nice and all but all the Oliver case does is show that he had tax problems from 94 and 95 as a result of getting excess payments. As far as salary cap breaches go though, the agreement and the payment and the salary cap it had to go under were clearly for a period prior to 1995. Oliver was not at the club in 1995 and his contract was not paid out for 1995. He had an revelation laying in a hospital bed and decided to give the elite level away, all of his own accord. Once again, none of the payments made by the Carlton Football Club to Stephen Oliver were for the 1995 period and none of them were eligible for the 1995 TPP. It shows smoke as far as further Carlton breaches but it doesn't show anything in regard to 1995 - a premiership year and that after all is the argument we are having here.

Now you can chose to hide behind technicalities and a burden of proof and say there is not even a hint of smoke but I wonder if you are even fooling yourself. I s'pose these types of arrangements to circumvent the cap happened in 1993, 1994, not in 1995 and started up again at some other point in time.
Maybe they did, maybe they didn't? Did Collingwood not give themselves up during the moratorium? Did they become good boys after that or did they simply become more inventive? Benefit of the doubt my friend, benefit of the doubt. Certainly the doubt is not reason enough to suggest that Carlton did indeed cheat their way to a flag (or indeed 16 flags as some idiots like to claim). As you know and as you yourself are prone to suggest, Carlton cheating the cap in 1995 is claimed as a matter of fact and still nobody has been able to come up with a relevant argument to back it up.

I suppose Williams and Brown were not involved in unpunished salary cap avoidance.
AFL said there was no case to answer for Carlton in relation to Diesel's tax problems. As I recall, it was for something that Williams said the Blues should have paid the tax for. Suggestions of salary cap rorting never got off the ground. Browny? Well, once again, the AFL wondered what the cause of his tax problems were, tried to suggest excess payments and came up with nothing because Browny told them to take a hike. Maybe there was something in it, maybe Browny didn't feel like the AFL lording it over him when they had no right any longer?

I suppose the 1987 exemption for the form fours was able to be handled as soon as the moratorium ran out within the cap and that had nothing to do with the MO of Elliot who only went bad at the end and I suppose the tooth fairy might be real too. Oh and I suppose the AFL are both competent and honest enough to find every breach and make it public even when one of their own is involved. Yes, Santa I’ve been a good boy!
Whatever Mark, most of the world only deals in facts, you can join the throng on Jerry Springer to hypothesis another reality if you like.

The fact the AFL didn't lay a charge raises more questions about the AFL than anything else.... you did ask for conspiracy theories didn't you??
Or maybe, just maybe, they didn't have the evidence to do otherwise.

STILL SMOKIN’ BABY!

Nah, tried to set fire to 1995 and wound up with your own pants smouldering.

Oh yeh, you can put this in the "just another ratbag Carlton kicker" dismissal bin if you like.
Not Carlton kicker bin. More like you need an opportunity to have Collingwood take the high moral ground because it irks you that other clubs took the title from you and you have to come up with something for your relative lack of success in almost half a century. ;)

BlueBoy83 said:
i think there was more to him laughing than that ...

otherwise he's a bigger moron than i thought ...

he may have had a bet with fevola on who won who knows ... i doubt he was laughing at teague winning it?? well i hope not thats pretty damn harsh otherwise.

He was laughing about Eddie inadvertantly stating "there's John Nicholls handing over the silverware", nothing to do with Teague winning it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teague wins Carlton B&F!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back