team v geelong in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

pirates2review2.jpg

I think that this guy says it best ... "Unleash the Krak"

My ins .... Boak, Williams, Krakouer, Cockshell, Westhoff, Carlile,

My outs ... any player under any sort of injury cloud & yes that includes S.Burgoyne (hip) if in doubt then rest him.

Time to run that pipeline from the Ord River to the Murray ... :cool:

It's all ready to go when water reaches $3 kl..........which won't be that far away for some southern states.

There is a very small chance the rain could be sucked away for the match but that will depend on a cyclone forming in the Gulf in the next 24 hours.

Just to give you an idea about how much rain is about that low on the Top End in the weather maps dropped over 311mm (more than 12 inches) of rain at Gunbalanya/Oenpelli which is 320km east of Darwin in the 24 hours up until 9am this morning.

That's more than Adelaide received in 2006 when it got 287mm compared to it's yearly average of 558mm...........

arnhem-land-gove.jpg

According to the BOM we've got monsoonal storms all weekend and then it's just a matter of what the lows get up to when they hot water for the real serious stuff.

Our boys for some reason, love playing in Darwin and normally perform at their best..

Geelong are a good team at home, but on the road and particularly in the top end.. I dont think that they will be the same team that they were on Sunday.

There's no way we will be the same side we were last week because Richmond were a rabble. it will be much tougher against Port. However we won't be the same road shy unit we were prior to last season either. 2006 might have been a big toilet for us but it did have a golden seat in the form of improved away form with victories against Port, Brisbane and Fremantle on the road plus a (NAB) win against the Cows at Football Park and the Cats have won their last couple of matches in humid conditions up in Cairns as well.

I think both sides will go in smaller and it will be a fast running game that will prove very difficult to tip.

Just to give you an idea about how much rain is about that low on the Top End in the weather maps dropped over 311mm (more than 12 inches) of rain at Gunbalanya/Oenpelli which is 320km east of Darwin in the 24 hours up until 9am this morning.

That's more than Adelaide received in 2006 when it got 287mm compared to it's yearly average of 558mm...........

arnhem-land-gove.jpg

According to the BOM we've got monsoonal storms all weekend and then it's just a matter of what the lows get up to when they hot water for the real serious stuff.

Make sure that those big fans they have on the sidelines are pointing south then will ya? We could do with even 10% of what you're getting right now.

I just read on the Adelaide Now site that Peter has dropped out with a virus, has been replaced by Robbie Gray

The aboriginal playing contingent is getting smaller and smaller. Big disappointment for the locals I'd imagine.

Yet another comment on Krakouer's size?:)

Pearce and Shaun don't put on too bad a show, though. I'd think the issue is really that the NT contingent is now down to, what?, zero? That's what will disappoint the locals, you'd think.

There's still Tommy Logan - he's played there before, anyway.

Bad luck for Peter, but good to see Robbie get a chance to play. That's quite an influx of first gamers!

Steven King and Brett Ottens are not playing for the Cats against us at Darwin.

Looks like another team with ruckmen injuries... :p

Steven King and Brett Ottens are not playing for the Cats against us at Darwin.

Looks like another team with ruckmen injuries... :p

You'll be happy to know that they're not injured (well, maybe not ;) )! But they do want to keep the big blokes from falling over themselves in the wet.

Yet another comment on Krakouer's size?:)

Pearce and Shaun don't put on too bad a show, though. I'd think the issue is really that the NT contingent is now down to, what?, zero? That's what will disappoint the locals, you'd think.

I don't think that will affect us too much as we just want to see the team in action and then have the club back at Tracy Village after the game for post match function, merchandise sales and a chance to win a great prize (as will be posted shortly in the Supporter Group thread at the top of our board).

Mind you I'd say Motlop's family would be disappointed at one of their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll be happy to know that they're not injured (well, maybe not ;) )! But they do want to keep the big blokes from falling over themselves in the wet.
Yeah I don't think anyone should take joy in the possibility of injuries to another team's players. We've been too badly burnt over the years with injuries to our own.

It's a pity we won't get to see an Ottens v Thurstans matchup.

What's the deal with this rain thingy DK? Do you get 6 inches dumped in the space of an hour and then it's fine or does it settle in to rain for hours at this time of the year?

Edit:- Don't worry about it, i just saw your post in the flippers and snorkels thread.

So with all the rain, will we play lots of small blokes and proper wet weather footy? Last week we tried to play on at all costs. I wonder if the same game plan will be used? Hopefully we might see lots of torps or flat punts using the ball wisely rather than a cute possession style of game.

It is pissing down atm.
According to the radio Darwin Airport got closed and the plane with the Geelong footy team had to circle Darwin for quite a while before they were able to land and apparently it was quite rough up there. :eek:

It is pissing down atm.
According to the radio Darwin Airport got closed and the plane with the Geelong footy team had to circle Darwin for quite a while before they were able to land and apparently it was quite rough up there. :eek:

And then they had to sit in the plane on the open tarmac with thunder and lightning (The Power!) all around them. Excellent. They should be thoroughly rattled.

It is pissing down atm.

*PAF you posted this at 5.00pm local time which according to dk's supporter bulletin, was when our boys were scheduled to land. Did they go through the same drama?

Remove this Banner Ad

team v geelong in Darwin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back