HB: Harry O'Brien, Leigh Brown, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Alan Toovey
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Luke Ball

F: Dayne Beams, John Anthony, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
Int: Jarryd Blair, Tyson Goldsack, Chris Dawes, Brent Macaffer

Emg: Josh Fraser, Paul Medhurst, Simon Buckley

In: John Anthony, Luke Ball, Tyson Goldsack

Out: Tarkyn Lockyer (omitted), Paul Medhurst (omitted), Simon Prestigiacomo (corked thigh)

Good Changes There and I think poor Fraser will be Stuck on 199 Games.

Big Suprise JA was Brought In as he did not do much last week in the VFL

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/100728/default.aspx

Anthony in for Medhurst is incredibly confusing.

Maybe MM is giving every fringe player a game or two before the finals in case they are needed? Seeing as he always goes on about the VFL-AFL intensity difference, will remind players where they need to be at...

Anthony in is just random...

Really thought Medders would have been given a go after Mick's comments after the game. Guess they didn't carry much weight.

Anthony is in as backline "backup" with Reid not ready yet.

Both Lockyer and Medhurst "omitted", barring a rash of injuries, they won't play in black and white again it would seem.

The "old fella" gets a rest, which I like, give him one run before the finals and let him loose.:D

Goldy and Ball back, which is always good news.:thumbsu:

Medhurst isn't getting a second chance? I am very, very surprised at that. Malthouse all but came out and said he'll get another chance at the post game presser. Anthony is out of left field as well, I dunno what to think about these changes at all.

Maybe Mick thinks the Crows will develop PTSD from seeing Jack out on the field against them again

Adelaide team, wow, those ins and outs are very good, FOR US.:thumbsu:

The team is:

B: Johncock, Rutten, Stevens
HB: Schmidt, Davis, Doughty
C: van Berlo, Douglas, Symes
HF: Henderson, Tippett, Dangerfield
F: Porplyzia, Walker, Sloane
R: Maric, Thompson, Reilly
I/C: Mackay, Sellar, Young, Jaensch
Emerg: McKernan, Cook, Martin

In: Jaensch, Walker, Young
Out: Vince (knee), Knights (hamstring), Bock

Good stuff, need to keep Jack in touch with AFL footy just in case we have a tall go down during finals. Be interesting to see how we use him.

Can't say I'm overly phased seeing Medhurst go out.

good side, but all 3 emergencys i dont know where they came from, why not Rounds, or Davis?. and im worried about going tall we seem to have slow starts when we play Cloke, JA, and Dawes

Davis is injured and Rounds had 5 touches on the weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, didn't expect them ins and outs.

What's with MM saying what he did last week and then dropping Medhurst? Is there something else going on there? Especially with Davis still not back.

Good to see Jack in there, don't want to lose him to the GC, or any club, him playing games late in the year might prevent that.

JA will clearly be playing in the backline.

Surely that is obvious?

Without Presti and Reid, it seems that way.

But he is versatile, and can obviously play both ends.:)

Luke Ball and Blair (among others) will love the conditions, most probably a wet, cold, and very windy Saturday night.:)

Without Presti and Reid, it seems that way.

But he is versatile, and can obviously play both ends.:)

Luke Ball and Blair (among others) will love the conditions, most probably a wet, cold, and very windy Saturday night.:)

Lucky both Adelaide and Collingwood got some practice playing in the wet early in the year!

Anthony in is just random...

Really thought Medders would have been given a go after Mick's comments after the game. Guess they didn't carry much weight.

Maybe the forwards coach is not as keen on Medders as he is on Anthony

Fair outs IMO.

Medders unlucky as he probably deserved another chance to at least make a case as to why he should be in the finals picture.

Lockyer out is spot on. Presti obviously "rested". Makes sense to bring in another key back such as Jack.

Reid also not being rushed.

Lucky both Adelaide and Collingwood got some practice playing in the wet early in the year!
That wasn't wet, it was a game played in a swimming pool.

alice2.jpg

alice1.jpg

But I was hoping we would get at least one slightly wet game in before the finals, just to have an advantage over the likes of Stkilda and the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back