Preview Team vs "Right In Front of Me" Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be a disgrace if Fraser misses his 200th and Leon actually gets another game
Well, look forward to the "disgrace" (well sort of).

Frasers' last ever chance to play for us will be next week IMO, as once the finals start, I think we revert back to "who is the better ruck backup" and the answer has to be Cameron Wood, more so as he has a future, and Josh doesn't.

Leon will play next week, and in every final, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will happen.

For the record, I think Fraser will play his 200th next week, MM has a record of "****ing up" round 22 "dead rubbers", just check the last 2 years.

Holly shit u guys are harsh on Josh.

As a Hawthorn supporter with a Pies wife, i would have thought you could play him this week against a crap opposition to give him his well deserved 200.

Josh would be no. 1 ruckman for the Hawks at this moment in time and it makes me re-think mid seasons trades. You could give us Josh and we could give you ..........

Ah not sure who we could give u cause you guys are flying.

Cant wait till rnd 22 which will tell us if Hawks are a serious threat or if the Pies are Odds-on.

Good luck to all

Leon Davis being dropped to VFL is an outrage.
I hope we lose this week just to teach MM a lesson in loyalty to our great players. To drop him after a couple of quiet games is trashy and lacking class.
If he doesn't play in the finals I hope we lose them too. Don't deserve a grand final if you can't show some loyalty to players who are the heart and soul of the club.

It would be a disgrace if Fraser misses his 200th and Leon actually gets another game

o_O

These are both piss takes right?

Frasers' last ever chance to play for us will be next week IMO, as once the finals start, I think we revert back to "who is the better ruck backup" and the answer has to be Cameron Wood, more so as he has a future, and Josh doesn't.

Leon will play next week, and in every final, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will happen.

For the record, I think Fraser will play his 200th next week, MM has a record of "****ing up" round 22 "dead rubbers", just check the last 2 years.

Yeah nah matty, lost round 22 2002 won the qf, lost round 22 07 won the ef, lost round 22 08 won the ef, lost round 22 09 lost qf. So that's 3 wins 1 loss
Won round 22 03 won qf, won round 22 06 lost the ef. So 1 and 1

I'd say that's hardly ****ing up in prep for finals personally but each to their own

**** Cameron Wood, the Hawks fan is right, people are way too harsh on Josh and no way anyone could possibly say Josh's last performance was so bad he should never be picked again, but lets pick Wood because has been awesome...:rolleyes:

Who cares who has a future, you dont pick players for the future in finals, Fraser is a far better option than Wood should either Brown or Jolly breaks down

As for Leon, it should be fun to see if he can get a kick when it matters, history suggests he wont and Jarryd Blair or Steele Sidebottom will be the unluckiest bastards alive to have to sit and watch Leon do nothing when it counts yet again

I love how everyone turns on Josh, O'Bree, Tarks and says its about time we got rid of the dead wood, yet then see people defend Leon, I reckon Josh has been a hell of alot better for Collingwood in finals and big games than Leon

If we go on with the selected 22 I can see a line up like this:

B:
Maxwell Brown Toovey
HB: O'Brien Anthony Goldsack
C: Wellingham Swan Shaw
HF: Didak Cloke Thomas

F: Macaffer Dawes Brown
Foll: Jolly Pendlebury Ball
Int: Blair Sidebottom Beams Johnson

Wouldnt be surprised with a late change.

In the coming weeks INS: Presti, Reid, Davis OUTS: N.Brown, Anthony, ???

If people keep mentioning Sidebottom as a possible out (based on form) for our finals then I'll snap. He is easily in our best 22. He has great skills under pressure, he tackles hard (just watch him and Wellingham tackle and you can see how our team is so different this year), he reads the ball off hands as well as anyone in the league, he has a proven record of finals performance (see under 18's GF and semi-final v Adelaide last year) and he can play in multiple positions.

As everyone has stated our best side has N Brown and Anthony out for Presti and Reid with some unknown plans for Davis, especially if he's playing VFL this week.

If everyone was fit I think our selection committee would pick between Davis and Blair and I think Davis is slightly favoured at the moment.

Based on the team this week against a depleted Adelaide we should be looking for a 40+ win.

Holly shit u guys are harsh on Josh.

As a Hawthorn supporter with a Pies wife, i would have thought you could play him this week against a crap opposition to give him his well deserved 200.

Josh would be no. 1 ruckman for the Hawks at this moment in time and it makes me re-think mid seasons trades. You could give us Josh and we could give you ..........

Ah not sure who we could give u cause you guys are flying.

Cant wait till rnd 22 which will tell us if Hawks are a serious threat or if the Pies are Odds-on.

Good luck to all

I wouldn't be leaving anything to chance even with a depleted Adelaide. Would prefer to cement top spot this week with a win. Would rather be facing the Dogs in week 1 than Saints, then have Saints and Cats belt each other in GF.

But the timing isn't good for Fraser running into the finals to get a gig at rd 22.

**** Cameron Wood, the Hawks fan is right, people are way too harsh on Josh and no way anyone could possibly say Josh's last performance was so bad he should never be picked again, but lets pick Wood because has been awesome...:rolleyes:

Who cares who has a future, you dont pick players for the future in finals, Fraser is a far better option than Wood should either Brown or Jolly breaks down

As for Leon, it should be fun to see if he can get a kick when it matters, history suggests he wont and Jarryd Blair or Steele Sidebottom will be the unluckiest bastards alive to have to sit and watch Leon do nothing when it counts yet again

I love how everyone turns on Josh, O'Bree, Tarks and says its about time we got rid of the dead wood, yet then see people defend Leon, I reckon Josh has been a hell of alot better for Collingwood in finals and big games than Leon
I've agreed before, and I'll agree again.

There's a golden circle of players for supporters on this board, and if you're not one of them you'll cop shit regardless.

These veterans of ~200 games deserve better.

If both Davis and Fraser play in the same game in finals, I'd be willing to have a substantial wager that Davis has a greater (positive) influence for Collingwood.

If both Davis and Fraser play in the same game in finals, I'd be willing to have a substantial wager that Davis has a greater (positive) influence for Collingwood.

I don't know to be honest.

Davis has possibly the worst finals record of any of our current players, while Fraser has been a relatively good finals player.

That said, Davis has so much more natural talent that it isn't funny; and Fraser playing back-up ruck/forward is a far cry from the sole ruckman role he played well in finals series of past.

I'm confident Fraser will have more influence, but would still prefer Davis for team balance. Getting the loose ball from the contest will be a key to our premiership hopes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've agreed before, and I'll agree again.

There's a golden circle of players for supporters on this board, and if you're not one of them you'll cop shit regardless.

These veterans of ~200 games deserve better.

Hahaha, bull. Maybe you should go back and watch the first 5 rounds, Fraser was pathetic in all of then except the ANZAC game. His ruck work was poor, he dropped marks, made shit decisions and couldn't execute basic skills properly. He kicked a grubber out of bounds when he was given a free kick to take under absolutely no pressure for gods sake. Fraser has been terrible for the entirety of the year save 1 game, and that's why he's out of the side. It'll be a shame if he doesn't get his 200th game, but this is not the Josh Fraser Football Club.

I don't know to be honest.

Davis has possibly the worst finals record of any of our current players, while Fraser has been a relatively good finals player.
Well, the one final he played last year was pretty poor from memory. He's clearly a different player to what he was 2+ years ago. Using games from that stage of his career to justify his selection today makes no sense to me.

That said, Davis has so much more natural talent that it isn't funny; and Fraser playing back-up ruck/forward is a far cry from the sole ruckman role he played well in finals series of past.
Davis will at the very least provide good pressure in the forward line. Whenever he is fit, he gives that, no questions asked. I can't say the same for Fraser.

At worst, I think Davis will have little to minimal impact on the team. At worst, I think Fraser will have a negative impact. I also think these days that Davis' best is better and more important than Fraser's, now that we have Jolly.

I'm confident Fraser will have more influence, but would still prefer Davis for team balance. Getting the loose ball from the contest will be a key to our premiership hopes.
I just don't see the important role Fraser will play. Will play minimal minutes in the ruck, will be our fourth tall forward in the pecking order (behind Cloke, Dawes and Leroy), and has absolutely no ability to play down back.

If we sew up top spot this week, then I'm happy to give Fraser a send off against Hawthorn. At this stage of the season it's almost certain that one of our talls is playing with a small niggle that could use a week off, and Fraser deserves to play his 200th at some stage.

Fraser is abysmal now. It sounds harsh, but it's true. He has no AFL attribute that is above a passable standard, and he has a heap that are poor.

Hahaha, bull. Maybe you should go back and watch the first 5 rounds, Fraser was pathetic in all of then except the ANZAC game. His ruck work was poor, he dropped marks, made shit decisions and couldn't execute basic skills properly. He kicked a grubber out of bounds when he was given a free kick to take under absolutely no pressure for gods sake. Fraser has been terrible for the entirety of the year save 1 game, and that's why he's out of the side. It'll be a shame if he doesn't get his 200th game, but this is not the Josh Fraser Football Club.

You've misinterpreted what I'm getting at. I'm not saying the criticisms are unwarranted, but I'm saying there's certain players that, if criticised as harshly as others outside the golden circle, will lead to the fans howling at the injustice. It's BS.

Well, the one final he played last year was pretty poor from memory. He's clearly a different player to what he was 2+ years ago. Using games from that stage of his career to justify his selection today makes no sense to me.

Davis will at the very least provide good pressure in the forward line. Whenever he is fit, he gives that, no questions asked. I can't say the same for Fraser.

At worst, I think Davis will have little to minimal impact on the team. At worst, I think Fraser will have a negative impact. I also think these days that Davis' best is better and more important than Fraser's, now that we have Jolly.

I just don't see the important role Fraser will play. Will play minimal minutes in the ruck, will be our fourth tall forward in the pecking order (behind Cloke, Dawes and Leroy), and has absolutely no ability to play down back.

If we sew up top spot this week, then I'm happy to give Fraser a send off against Hawthorn. At this stage of the season it's almost certain that one of our talls is playing with a small niggle that could use a week off, and Fraser deserves to play his 200th at some stage.

Fraser is abysmal now. It sounds harsh, but it's true. He has no AFL attribute that is above a passable standard, and he has a heap that are poor.
I don't particularly want either in the best 22 come finals, what I;m saying is Fraser has runs on the board in finals. You are, of course right, in saying that it's probably largely irrelevant.

As for the bolded point, what do we do if Tarks and O'Bree come out and announce their retirements at the end of the year. Do we give them send-off games at the detriment to the team? Fraser should stay on and work for his spot, I'm sure I've posted this line of thinking elsewhere too. Thre shouldn't be any sentiment when it comes to position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Team vs "Right In Front of Me" Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back