Preview Team vs "Right In Front of Me" Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm very surprised Medhurst wasn't given another game. MM's comments seemed clear that he would.
I think there's been a change if mind, but it makes it unlikely Medders will play finals now, barring injuries etc.
JA back i think is a good move to get him reaccustomed to senior footy for depth.
He is the main insurance to replace KPF and also FPB if Reid doesn't come up or other injuries.
Big outs for Crows, they still read alright though. Go Pies

Good Changes There and I think poor Fraser will be Stuck on 199 Games.

I wonder if Fraser will be stuck on 199 games?

He likely won't play this year now, barring injury, unless possibly we win this week and they rest Jolly next week.

Will they keep him as depth next year, or will this year be it?

PS thanks for getting this out Dave, look forward to getting home, logging on and seeing TD thread with the team

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/newsfeatures/news/newsarticle/tabid/5586/newsid/100728/default.aspx

Late changes?

LBrown (calf) for Fraser ? With Anthony giving swingman cover that Anvil normally would? Fraser does the second rucking and appearance on the HFF? Probably wet and wild weather - no harm protecting our anvil. That way Frase and Anthony get a top up game if needed during the finals? If it is close in the last quarter, move Anthony forward to give them a sense of deja vu.

To get back to full strength, INs next week = probably Presti & Reid (if fit), the Anvil (if he is a late withdrawal this week), & Davis. OUTs = probably NBrown, Fraser, Anthony and whichever small doesn't do too well Sat night to let Davis back [if he gets back].

Then we have our best 22 refining the systems vs Hawks with our back-ups all having recent contact with AFL: Fraser, NBrown, Medhurst, Anthony, Lockyer...and Blair, if he were to miss out. Barring injuries, that is a great state to be in.

You'd imagine JA would go to Walker and Brown to Tippett.

It seems we are sort of moving away from talking up our depth.

Clearly MM has his best 22 pretty much sorted.

Medhurst and Lockyer both gave nothing and have probably seen their finals chances slip through their fingers.....Blair has grasped his opportunity with both hands and has forced himself ahead of them in the pecking order.

I now think 2 of Blair, Sidey and L.Davis will get a gig come finals.

JA gets a game by default, but he is a long way back........N.Brown is first choice back-up down back.

McCarthy and Fraser will surely struggle to get a game now.

Only changes to our finals side

In - Presti, Reid, possibly Davis
Out - N.Brown, JA and possibly Blair or Sidey.

Much rather see Josh, McCarthy and Medhurst all get a game this week....just to keep them ready and pushing for a spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally I can write something on here instead of reading everyones posts :)
Hopefully Reidy, Presti and Leon come back next week so we're at full strength. It will be a good tune up for the finals.

Good to see Bally and Goldy back. I knew they weren't injured at all when they were out last week. Anyways it's good to be back I'm spewing I wasn't here after we beat Geelong :( What a win!! Was at my cuzs place. We were all estatic.

The JA selection is a fairly straight forward really.

Reid is injured, Presti rested (cork), Nates playing, JA is next in line.

Bally owns the middle, Beamsy back to more permanent HFF, Goldy comes into the backline and releases Heater to the wing.

For finals it's Presti & Reid or Nate & JA and then it's between Blair & Leon which has gotten alot closer over the past month.

Will be interesting to see last minute if we put Josh in instead of Jack. With would mean L.Brown moves back. Josh becomes a forward/ ruckman.

Downside to this is that it might stretch our defence a little without Jack considering Adelaide's quality tall forward options but this is probably our best chance to give Josh his 200th.

I'd still stick with Jack, like Josh has been performing well at VFL level but there is a greater chance that he could come in and contribute in the finals whether it be as a forward or backman whilst I think Jolly + L.Brown are less likely to get injured, both very durable so it might almost be a better move to keep Jack in there to give him a little taste for it and remind him that he is still a part of our future plans as well as possibly our finals plans if an injury hits.

Josh v Jack would I think be the question going through the selectors minds for this round.

How has Jack been going in the VFL as a defender? I like to see him back getting another go, but he's only had half a season in the VFL to adjust to a new role. He might become an excellent key defender in time, but sending him go to Tippet or Walker at this point seems like throwing him to the wolves. Either way here's hoping he kills it, it's been a terrible season for him, it'd be great to see him have a break out game.

Leon Davis being dropped to VFL is an outrage.
I hope we lose this week just to teach MM a lesson in loyalty to our great players. To drop him after a couple of quiet games is trashy and lacking class.
If he doesn't play in the finals I hope we lose them too. Don't deserve a grand final if you can't show some loyalty to players who are the heart and soul of the club.

Leon Davis being dropped to VFL is an outrage.
I hope we lose this week just to teach MM a lesson in loyalty to our great players. To drop him after a couple of quiet games is trashy and lacking class.
If he doesn't play in the finals I hope we lose them too. Don't deserve a grand final if you can't show some loyalty to players who are the heart and soul of the club.
Honestly hope you are not serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back