Remove this Banner Ad

Watts and Dom Tyson should grow out of it. Tommy Bugg has potential, he makes some odd decisions, and Melksham will find a spot as well.

Personally and for most Melbourne supporters I don't think anyone can overtake Tom McDonald besides his younger brother.
Tommy is probably the one, unfortunately so much of it is self inflicted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite Toumpas it is by far and away Lobbe. Toumpas doesn't get a game often enough to be considered a whipping boy whereas week after week the volume of angst Lobbe causes on the Port board is pretty amazing.

I don't understand why Stanton cops it like he does, I reckon he's an okay player.

Multiple reasons like he reached a good standard so early that when he didn't improve on that it frustrated supporters, plus we haven't had the midfield balance to get the most out of his outside skill set, pushing him too far inside the contest. Which is problematic as he doesn't have clean hands under pressure and has a long ball to foot kicking action.

That said I think we've finally built the midfield depth to have him sit on a wing and link up. Also the reduction of rotations suits his natural elite fitness base, expecting him to have a great year.

Watching Brandon Ellis.... Well I was gonna say play but clearly that's not the right word,, anyway whatever the hell it is he's doing out there.. Honestly just really damages my calm, his momentum killing plays, his hand balling to flat-footed out of position surrounded teammates just so he doesn't have to take a tackle ,his baffling always chip it 20 metres backwards first instinct just shits me. And on a purely personal petty unkind and needless level, honestly he looks like he was born with the zika virus
And yes I'm aware it's easy for me to take pot shots from the cheap seats of not being out there, however I pay a grand + a year to watch his shit and he bafflingly is paid 300,000+ a year to serve it up

At present, most seem to be pretty stoked on Henderson. He was solid in defence for much of the year. Struggled when played forward in the PF, but I don't think he garnered much ill-will for that given he was coming off an injury and that was a last-minute move by the coaching staff.
No way would he be a whipping boy. Had a great year until he hurt his knee.

Looks like we got the Carlton out of him pretty quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams Biggest Whipping Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back