Opinion Teams you actively avoid watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
For whatever reason, there are a number of teams that most people simply won't watch.

I watch most games every weekend but generally avoid games involving the below 3, unless it includes my own team:

Geelong
WB
Saints

It may seem like a bit of a weird combination but hear me out:

Geelong - I simply hate their kit. I personally find the hoops atrocious and it irrationally annoys the shit out of me. May also be due the fact that the Vic commentators tend to constantly blow their load over the side whenever they play and I've simply associated their kit with this, through no fault of its own. Otherwise, they actually play good footy and are a good team to watch, so it's not anything football related for me.

WB - Just find them a middling side and relatively boring. Low crowds, nothing atmosphere at most games. It's not the players, they have plenty of talent. Perhaps it's simply Bevvo's 'too-smart-for-himself' coaching that simply annoys the shit out of me.

Saints - Somewhat similar to WB but appear to have less talent across the board. Having an old miser like Lyon in charge doesn't really help from a neutral perspective. Different story back in the late '00s, when it was fun watching Riewoldt and Gehrig crash packs and kick bags. For a neutral, there's not much inspiring me there.

HMs(still watch but not particularly enthused):

Sydney - Got some good players but fairly uninspiring to watch. Obviously a good team but a bit 'bland' for me personally.
Hawks - Was keen on watching the Wizard, but since he's been injured, there's not much to look forward to from a neutral perspective.
Tigers - Not much to get excited about, other than watching Bolton light it up. Dusty on last legs and looks fairly disinterested.

I watch any team and Geelong have one of the best playing strips in the competition. Not that keen on GWS and Suns, but they both have dreadful playing strips, i dislike watching teams play in away white strips, but i will look at their games when they are on. I like footy so i put up with it. I prefer to watch the traditional teams though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May also be due the fact that the Vic commentators tend to constantly blow their load over the side whenever they play
Ill Allow It GIF

North, West Coast and Hawthorn at the moment because who has time to watch what is 90% of the time an opposition training session.

Relevant St Kilda and Bulldogs games are few and far between (which makes sense because they're irrelevant clubs)

Fremantle were on the blacklist for a while after that shocking game in Adelaide and generally have a distinct lack of starpower post-Fyfe but they seem to keep more than their fair share of matches tight into the fourth.

North, Saints, Freo, Crows, Suns, Lions, Eagles, Giants.

They all fall into a few categories: bad team, lack star players that I want to watch, play a boring game style, or play songs after goals.

North…. Can’t stand north won’t watch but I’ll tune in when it looks like it’s gonna be a 130+ drubbing. Joke of a club. Piss poor atmosphere. Forget they are in the comp sometimes.

Giants…. Good side but they are trying to stay relevant. Same as norf with the terrible atmosphere and terrible home kit.

Essendon…. Especially at marvel, hate what that club is all about. Cheats. Their fans are by far the worst, especially when they string a few wins together. Wouldn’t class them a big 4 club anymore.

Teams other then port that I love watching

Collingwood. Always close and great atmosphere.

Sydney. Gonna win a couple flags with this young exciting team

Brisbane. How good is a packed Gabba

I watch any team and Geelong have one of the best playing strips in the competition. Not that keen on GWS and Suns, but they both have dreadful playing strips, i dislike watching teams play in away white strips, but i will look at their games when they are on. I like footy so i put up with it. I prefer to watch the traditional teams though.

That's what I think. Particularly paired with white shorts, it's looks classy, and it's different from the majority of the comp which is basically a dark and each with different colour trim to distinguish from each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Teams you actively avoid watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back