Ted R ichards to play CHF in 05?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
South Dragons
i think we should seriously think about it, we need someone that can mark there and Richards can take a mark or you could send him to CHB and push Lucas to CHF but i'd play him ast CHF just because he's more versatile.
thoughts anyone?

i agree with darealrath needs to bulk up a hell of a lot to play any kp post. would rather him at chf than chb, don;t see him as a backman rather a hff or pocket being the third or fourth option

pazza said:
I reckon he gets in Lloyd's way when playing up forward a bit too often.

I agree with that.

I don't know if KP at either end will be Ted's forte. If he was to play CHF I think it would be in a Brad Miller kind of role, pushing really high and giving our backline a target.

I see him as a poor man's Terry Daniher. He will probably spend time at both ends this season in a horse's for courses role. The one thing you know with Ted is that you are going to get a good honest crack every single time.

Ideally Wellmans replacement - takes the third best tall and can float across Half Back. Teddy should be a very useful player, it is all about consistent game time, something he hasn't received his fair share of.

He is a third tall whether that be forward or back. He contests well and is hard at it. But he is not the type that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and thats a trait you want in your CHF. He probably is best suited down back where he runs hard to create.

Teddy will be a gun if given enough game time and experience. If he gets that then i believe he will be a very handy player for us in the future

bugman5 said:
Ideally Wellmans replacement - takes the third best tall and can float across Half Back. Teddy should be a very useful player, it is all about consistent game time, something he hasn't received his fair share of.

who's going to take the second best tall?

go team said:
who's going to take the second best tall?

Good point.

I think the club is going to have to throw someone in the deep end.

Be it Kepler Bradley or dare I say it, Sam Hunt/Aaron Henneman. Failing that give Jason Laycock/Jobe Watson a permanent role in the forward line and leave Scott Lucas at CHB.

The only other option we really have is Dean Solomon. Andrew Welsh can also play tall. But we really don't have a player capable of playing on the power forwards of the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

laycock a better option for CHF i reckon.
teddy 3rd tall down back, providing run as well, as wellman did. fletch and lucas to take 2 best opposition tall forwards

I actually think Richards should play chf. He leads well and has shown that he can kick bags of goals. Richards isn't going to scare opposition teams but will certainly give it his all. He has always looked at home in the forward line and has a good kick. Laycock isn't quite ready yet.

markh1818 said:
I actually think Richards should play chf. He leads well and has shown that he can kick bags of goals. Richards isn't going to scare opposition teams but will certainly give it his all. He has always looked at home in the forward line and has a good kick. Laycock isn't quite ready yet.

A couple of contradictions there.

Yes Ted does lead hard, but he does this very high. The time he spent at CHF he contested closer to the wing than he did to CHF, Ted kicked the ball to the areas of the ground were we want him to take his marks. Bit hard to kick bags of goals from there.

And do you want a CHF who as you say doesn't scare teams. Carey, Tredrea, Brown, they intimidate, they are strong. Laycock is closer to being a CHF (as is Jobe for that matter) than Ted will be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Ted Richards. I think he has a very important role to play in our side. I think he will be used in a horses for courses manner as a 3rd tall forward or back. As I've said before, the best thing about Ted is that you know you are always going to get 100% and a fierce contest from him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ted R ichards to play CHF in 05?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back