Not open for further replies.

Dont be a lemon

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jun 2, 2006
Party time all the time
AFL Club
Essendon
Every Olympic Games needs one to let out those frustrations about interesting stuff not being shown and stuff not being shown live but on tape delay :):p

To kick things off, I heard a rumour that Sonia Kruger will be commentating on the Opening Ceremony tonight...

Well if Channel 7 is replicating thier AFL effort, there will be plenty to bitch about. Pathetic commentators, way too many ads, endless cross promotion for boring shows like Sunrise. Predictable........very predictable!

Hopefully there won't be too much crossing to Channel Seven "personalities" on Chinese sightseeing trips.

Every Olympic Games needs one to let out those frustrations about interesting stuff not being shown and stuff not being shown live but on tape delay :):p

To kick things off, I heard a rumour that Sonia Kruger will be commentating on the Opening Ceremony tonight...

Unfortunately i think that is fact, not rumour.

btw who the hell was that commentator for the soccer last night????? Horrible!

Has anyone else (particularly in Perth) noticed a half a second delay between Channel 7s sound and picture? EVERYTHING (including the news and footy) this evening has had the picture behind the sound. By God I hope they clear it up before the opening ceremony. This is very annoying.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Hopefully there won't be too much crossing to Channel Seven "personalities" on Chinese sightseeing trips.

Tom Williams has been cooking this week :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barcelona Opening Ceremony (director) (the archer lighting the torch)

Sydney Opening and Closing (director)

Athens (consultant)

Beijing (consultant)

etc etc

he may have a clue. The rest odious.

Add
1982 Brisbane Commonwealth Games director

1984 LA Olympics assistant director, got the gig based on what he did at Brisbane including the winking Matilda Kangaroo.

Actually that was a disgrace by CH 7, something else they have managed to ruin in a year of ruin for them.

The ad breaks are probably a deliberate part of the ceremony.

I went to the first practice of the Sydney opening ceremony and we were told when an ad was going to be slotted in so that the performers or technical people could set up the their props/stage between different acts.

So before you blame 7 find out if the breaks were planned.

Thanks REH, it's definitely a purposely set up thing for TV audiences the world over. NBC had advertisements in the US too - so it's not just C7.

I don't think we can complain too much about the Coverage. C7 do a very good job. I think their coverage in Athens was the best i've ever seen it. Sydney wasn't too bad, but they did a lot of jumping around in Sydney.

They do a good job with what they have and what they can do. They don't want to hang around at one event for too long because people get bored, which is why they show the short events more often - like the Swimming races. Unless you're say a dedicated cycling nut (like i am and some of us are) - you don't want to be sitting around for 7 hours watching a race that you may not have any interest in, when you can get a 20 minute update with what is happening and where everyone is then go to a say a boxing bout for 10 minutes, then another sport.

i now have to edit my post: NBC had advertisements in there coverage because the Ceremony was on delay!

and we thought we had it bad - all i can say now guys is GET OVER IT!

Meanwhile SBS proving to be pure despite the fact they do show ads on that network now. There's currently an injury timeout in the the handball but they haven't cut to an ad. The commentators even sound comfortable with speaking too! :)

Thread score update.

Sensible posts - 7

Complete crap - 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back