Terrific win .....but........!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

... We'll have to play better than we have for the last 4 weeks but we certainly believe we have the players that can do it if they stick to their tasks.
:thumbsu:

I hate playing Port, you have a knack of ruining the party. It would have been great if you had held off running into some form until after you played us :)

Yes, Hodge is a big loss for us, but this year I think we are playing a better brand of football and have enough quality players to cover for him. Cornes is also a big loss for you guys, as he always seems to bring his best against us. Whilst you have two of the best ruckmen in the league, Campbell/Taylor have been sensational for us this year and hopefully will continue with their form.

Overall I think it will be a close game, but predict Hawks will get over the line.... 17 points

gorilla_beating_chest.gif

mate we are stuck in second gear with plenty more gears to go through,our best is still ahead of us, where you guys are at your peak right now, you would hope that your peak doesnt die before you hit finals..

Careful to make the distinction between media hype and hitting peak form...

We played a blinder on the weekend v the Pies yes, but most of our performances have not been that solid, Richmond, North, Brissy and Adelaide all tested us, like the Cats we have won when below our best this season.

I'm not taking anything for granted right now and I will be nervous before ball-up in tassie but saying we have peaked is purely getting sucked in by the media hype.

Dont get ahead of yourselves. You played a severely depleted Essendon team. We were missing half of our 22 that would have played. Dare I say we would have knocked off Port had those players been in the team. We were missing 3 of our 4 best players. Best midfielder, forward and defender were out. This made it much easier for Port. We were a rabble. Too many errors. This happens with a young team learning a new gameplan. Umpiring left plenty to be desired especially that bald maggot Nicholls. Some of his decisions were a disgrace. Umpiring certainly didnt cost us admittedly. You were too skilful for us and had a little bit more class and polish. Got us at the perfect time but dont expect us to roll over next time. Our best 22 would be more than capable of challenging for the top 8 and Port would be a team that it would be achievable to beat.
Was great to see Lloyd back to his brilliant best. Dismantled the Port defence. Would be a major worry for the Power.

Choco before the Grand Final? :)
Nah, this was closer to the mark.
He tried a few stunts to get their mind off the job at hand, but it didn't work.
Ah well there is always next year. :D

snagglepuss.jpg

Nah, this was closer to the mark.
He tried a few stunts to get their mind off the job at hand, but it didn't work.
Ah well there is always next year. :D

But you (and many Port supporters) believed him though (i.e. his 'stunts')?

You're not here to post seriously so count yourself fortunate to get a serious response. :cool:

Personally I'd rather Choco went for a softly softly approach more often than not. However consider this. By making a few statements Choco was prepared to risk taking a hit to his ego. He showed a bit of courage in doing this. The fact that his mind games spectacularly failed doesn't alter the fact he showed a bit of intestinal fortitude in playing them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrific win .....but........!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back