Thai Soccer Team Trapped In Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Articles are saying a five hour dive for an experienced diver; so you'd think even longer for the kids.

Best hope is that the weather holds off for a few days and they can somehow get them fed well enough to make it to a couple of dry stopping points enroute.

Amazing that they were even found, reading that the British civilian divers had to enlarge the underwear passageway to get through to find them.

this is why they had to enlarge the passageway :p

e8e45236b2b1bb40feb120b1c04dc05d

It took the Chileans over a month to drill an escape shaft down to the miners, and they knew pretty much exactly where they were. And it was at a mine site and not up some mountain in the sticks.

Did they have Elon Musk offering to help though

There won’t be a happy ending unfortualy , it’s sad that in Thailand that swimming is viewed as so dangerous which why these kids never learnt to swim.

They have tried to brush of the criticism for the SEAL death by saying they’ll take more precautions with the children, but this was a trained diver vs kids who don’t even know how to swim.

Poor bastards

There won’t be a happy ending unfortualy , it’s sad that in Thailand that swimming is viewed as so dangerous which why these kids never learnt to swim.

They have tried to brush of the criticism for the SEAL death by saying they’ll take more precautions with the children, but this was a trained diver vs kids who don’t even know how to swim.

Poor bastards

I can understand kids up in Northern Thailand, where this cave is, not being able to swim as they aren't near a beach but you'd think kids that live near the coast or down on the islands would learn to swim, although this would still be a very risky rescue operation even with kids that are good swimmers.

Articles are saying a five hour dive for an experienced diver; so you'd think even longer for the kids.

Best hope is that the weather holds off for a few days and they can somehow get them fed well enough to make it to a couple of dry stopping points enroute.

Amazing that they were even found, reading that the British civilian divers had to enlarge the underwear passageway to get through to find them.

if they had to enlarge the passage, that begs the question how did the kids end up so far in.

I'm starting to think foul play. Who takes kids kilometres in?

Apparently some parts are so narrow that the divers have to remove their oxygen tanks to get through. How the **** are they going to do that and get all the kids through?? I also read that some unauthorised volunteers have been drilling in different areas and causing water to flow back in.

oh dear

that's exactly what happens especially if they intercept a vein

Normally disasters like this don't play out in the media, the event is already over by the time it hits the news. I get the growing feeling this isn't ending well, and because every minute of it is being covered worldwide it may go down as one of the saddest and most iconic events in a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if they had to enlarge the passage, that begs the question how did the kids end up so far in.

I'm starting to think foul play. Who takes kids kilometres in?
Aparently it’s a traditional initiation where the kids climb in as far as the can and mark their names on the walls and come back

Just this time they all got stuck

Normally disasters like this don't play out in the media, the event is already over by the time it hits the news. I get the growing feeling this isn't ending well, and because every minute of it is being covered worldwide it may go down as one of the saddest and most iconic events in a long time.

How long until Netflix / Amazon / Stan / Foxtel / <Insert Media Content Maker of Choice> picks up the rights to the film adaptation I wonder.

Aparently it’s a traditional initiation where the kids climb in as far as the can and mark their names on the walls and come back

Just this time they all got stuck

To be honest it's a bit stupid to venture into a cave system a week or so out from the beginning of the monsoon season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thai Soccer Team Trapped In Cave

Remove this Banner Ad

Back