Thanks to all Non-Hawks Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

It's pretty overwhelming...both the loss and the class of all these replies.

Thanks heaps. I, for one, will not forget the support. It's taken a while, but footy teaches you more than just supporting your own team.

Cheers. I hope the best team wins out of West Coast and Geelong.

West Coast have been incredible. If they miss out on the Grand Final they have grown beyond belief, coming from last.

Geelong have been superb all year.

Good luck to both.

You guys are meant to be more angry right now!!
I'd stomp ***** if the lions were on the end of the disgraceful calls tonight.
Future looking very bright lads, very bright indeed.

You'd be used to hurting :D:D

I don't really want to comment but I will. If the Cats make the GF, they won't beat you, they will slaughter you.

And that is purely objective. I thought the Round 24 game did not count for much, but it did. Watch.

The problem I have with that is that I'm hoping Cats fans will not start this "Are we the greatest Team Ever" rant. It's just so over the top and very tiring.

Then you'll realise how the Tigers supporters hurt too. I would think the Pies and Tigers are pretty close with regard to Flags over the last 50 yrs...

Hardwick will get the job done...step by step.

Rarely if ever choose to post on bigfooty, but the class of the supporters of all other teams tonight is nothing short of spectacular and I felt compelled to thank all of you, fantastic sportsmanship and really highlights the fact that in the end, we all just love a ****ing great game of footy. Would like to particularly highlight collingwood supporters at the end of the game tonight, as never having been a fan of them I was expecting to cop the worst collingwood ear bashing possible, but was presently suprised to hear little to none of that and simply hear everyone talking about what an amazing game it was. Class act (Y) Have to rip out the old commentators line here as corny as it is and say "footy was the real winner tonight" Best of luck to the pies,cats and eagles in the remaining games

Nooooo!

Hawks had them under pressure all night and it might have been a combination of dodgy umpiring and some (looked like very) tired bodies that lost it for you in the fourth. But in my opinion some of those missed shots early were really nasty misses and are what ultimately kept Collingwood in the game. So heartbroken because I felt that Collingwood were almost asking to be put away a bit in the first half and I think that just the pressure of a few more goals might have broken them.

I must admit that I usually don't pay much attention to Hawthorn at all but I have found a lot of respect for your team and players now after seeing that effort.

The Franklin magic still shone through the three or more Collingwood defenders that were on top of him all night. Cannot believe he got up after that Geelong game to be honest. Hale infuriated me a bit at times, but I think a few of his 4th quarter efforts made up for a lot of it. Respect to Lewis and Hodge, great finals players I thought! I loved that your whole team seemed so cool under pressure for the very good majority of it too. Seeing all your guys taking on (and beating) Collingwood players left and right with just a quick burst of speed and some confidence was a pleasure to watch.

Dale Thomas' epically failed screamer mark was a highlight for me as well as a Rioli extra effort to affect one of his (I think it might have been his first for the match?) kicks. Oh and it was great seeing O'Brien get taken down a few times, I always love seeing that! He was just unstoppable against our guys two weeks ago, as he usually is against us.

And now I just realised that Roughead was missing for you Hawks tonight too! Such a shame, but again, it was a great effort and I thought you made them bleed.

Personally I am hoping that whichever team gets up tommorow (even Geelong) will be able to kill them in the Grand Final. And see you next year! :thumbsu:

What a freaking amazing game of footy. Gotta admit, was barracking for a bit like a Hawks supporter- always had a bit of a soft spot for the hawks seeing as Buddy is a WA boy. I felt like you guys should have won, you had Collingwood on the rack for quite some now, however all your boys played their guts out, kudos :)

Next year I expect the Hawks to back it up , and make the GF at the very least. Tonight would have given you're players a hunger for success, that only comes with losing in prelims and grand finals.

Hopefully either us or the cats can get up in the GF and beat those colliwobbles !

I wanted you guys to win that .. bateman if only he could have got the ball out instead of turning it over you guys would have won ...really deserved to win ..was the better team for 97% of the game ..

I doubt I would be more gutted if it were the Crows loss, Read this on the Crows forum -

Anyone think last nights Hawks v Collingwood game had strange similarities to the Crows v Collingwood semi in 09? Don’t know about anyone else but old wounds started to open up and thoughts of throwing my remote against the wall started to boil to the surface! Hopefully history repeats itself and Geelong win the flag!

Hawks v Collingwood 11 Prelim

Hawks dominate the first half and should have put the pies away with straight kicking,

Collingwood hit the lead in the last, Eddie goes beserk, the Collingwood chants echoe around the ground.

Out of nowhere the big forward Buddy kicks a miraculous goal to give the Hawks back the lead with a few minutes to go.

Collingwood snatch back the lead assisted by the umpires who have called bugger all free kicks in the last quarter until the dying few minutes.

Hawthorn are gutted!

Crows v Collingwood 09 Semi

Crows dominate the first half and should have put the pies away with straight kicking,

Collingwood hit the lead in the last, Eddie goes beserk, the Collingwood chants echoe around the ground.

Out of nowhere the big forward Tippett kicks a miraculous goal to give the Crows back the lead with a few minutes to go.

Collingwood snatch back the lead assisted by the umpires who have called bugger all free kicks in the last quarter until the dying few minutes.

Crows are gutted!

Don't think I have barracked as hard for an opposition side, I felt like my team lost last night. Personally I think the Coach and even the Great Hodgey have been a little hard on the team (as disappointed as they were) I thought The Hawks were magnificent . Just remember with such pain comes real fight , would be surprised if Hawthorn were not a big challenger again next year.

I'd like to say thanks also.....

Great to know that other fans feel our pain.......

Good Luck to all you're teams in 2012, that is if the AFL Fat Cats don't destroy it by then.............:footy::footy::footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to all Non-Hawks Fans

Remove this Banner Ad

Back