Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Goodes at his most pathetic.

40,000 years of history and he picks a fake Maori dance that's 6 years old to show how proud he is of his culture.

Not to mention that it's supposedly a "war dance". The flog is so deluded that he actually thinks he's a warrior.

#sobrave

But its the message he has made a determination of his own accord to all without any consultation.

Surely for some that is seen as possibility highly elitist and a put down to the crowd

The war dance was a pointless exercise, why bother doing it when the team was already smashing the crap out of Carlton ?
Why do a war dance that was supposedly from an under 16's camp from 2010..... 2010 we're in 2015 for crying out loud.
It achieved nothing, didn't even get thought provoking discussion from it.

BANG!

Come on man. It was during Indigenous round. He even said that he would have done it to any team and it just happened to be against Carlton.

But its the message he has made a determination of his own accord to all without any consultation.

Surely for some that is seen as possibility highly elitist and a put down to the crowd
He's been getting booed constantly every week for several months now, but he's in the wrong because he did a war dance once in response to it?
Hmm..

What is laughable is boo-ing being labelled racist

Yes he is responsible because he is a sook

I'm not saying that it's racist or not, what I'm saying is how can people justify the continually booing of him. I can understand booing for a indiscretion during a game & I have no problem with that, but that doesn't go on for months.

To say "he is responsible because he is a sook" is stupid, what would do if you where abused at your workplace? Complain, and if people called you a "sook", would you be OK with that?

The staging for free kicks? The fact that goes knees first into contests? The fact that he continually labels our country racist even after being named Australian of the year. I don't like him and it has nothing to do with skin colour.
The booers are proving his point about the undercurrent of racism in this country. As for staging and sniping, he has gotten ELEVEN free kicks this year, and nobody else who snipes gets the boos like he does.

Come on man. It was during Indigenous round. He even said that he would have done it to any team and it just happened to be against Carlton.

Should have either done it before the first bounce (with Sydney's other indigenous players) or do it when he was kicking for goal in front of Sydney supporters and not in front of Carlton fans. Nothing to lose sleep over of course but it would not have been a good look throwing imaginary spears at his own "fans".

I'm not saying that it's racist or not, what I'm saying is how can people justify the continually booing of him. I can understand booing for a indiscretion during a game & I have no problem with that, but that doesn't go on for months.

To say "he is responsible because he is a sook" is stupid, what would do if you where abused at your workplace? Complain, and if people called you a "sook", would you be OK with that?

People get boo'd all the time and they don't carry on like him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have either done it before the first bounce (with Sydney's other indigenous players) or do it when he was kicking for goal in front of Sydney supporters and not in front of Carlton fans. Nothing to lose sleep over of course but it would not have been a good look throwing imaginary spears at his own "fans".

Exactly. It wouldn't have been a good look if he did it to Sydney supporters. Why on earth would he do that? It's just a bloody tribal dance and it's not like he is actually throwing deadly spears at Carlton fans?

The booers are proving his point about the undercurrent of racism in this country. As for staging and sniping, he has gotten ELEVEN free kicks this year, and nobody else who snipes gets the boos like he does.
How is booing a flog racist? Ballas gets booed every week, have never seen him miss a game because of it.

I don't know where to go but I'll give it a go:

Millions of people around the world celebrate Christmas Day. Some religious, some not. But it is a cultural institution that brings people together, makes people appreciate family and experience some joy of giving to loved ones, feasting etc.

I don't celebrate on the 25th of December. My older brother and younger sister were killed by a drunk five years ago on December 25. So for me, Christmas Day is a symbol of something different, and something horrible and sad.

I do wish people a happy Christmas (as AG wished the nation, including you a happy Australia Day) and I don't begrudge others their festivities.

Mmm. Guess I'm divisive.
Jesus man. That's awful if true. And you're a top bloke btw (from what I know of you around these parts).

The staging for free kicks? The fact that goes knees first into contests? The fact that he continually labels our country racist even after being named Australian of the year. I don't like him and it has nothing to do with skin colour.

His staging for free kicks isn't anywhere near as bad as a lot of players in the league, I'd say he's not even in the worst 50% of players for staging. It's a huge blight on the game currently. If you boo stagers, you may as well bring a recording of you booing because there are 36 stagers out on the field in the modern game. Knees first into contests? Him and many other players that grew up in the 70s and 80s and learned to do that.
He spoke of our country's racist history, which is an undeniable truth, yes we live in a racist country. Hell we live in a world where people love nothing more than to discriminate against each other based on whatever they can think of. I for one believe in the world becoming a less discriminatory place, and I'll support anyone who supports that idea.

Exactly why Fyfe is Goodes 2.0 for me these days and I boo him with just as much passion (even though he's damn good at what he does!).

And you boo every other sniping, dirty player you see on the field regardless of the team they play for? Or is your booing based on his record with the MRP. Will Goodes' current mental welfare factor in your decision to boo him next time you are watching him? (you may have answered this already but i cant keep up with this explosive thread)

It did happen and it is a big deal and if you stop censoring people like Adam Goodes we may be able to have a sensible debate about it.
Who is censoring Goodes? Just a lot of people exercising their freedom of speech. Much like Adam has done.

He should have been advised, that if you step into the political spotlight, which he did with his Australian of the year speach, that most likely 50% of the population will disagree with what you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back