Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure, but Goodes could make a statement to oppose it.

The media / SFC / AFL have pushed a division of 'you're either racist if you boo, or not if you don't'. I believe Goodes agrees too, as the SFC is obviously projecting his point of view first and foremost.

Answer? Shame the masses into not booing. It's pathetic, so, so pathetic. Primary Schoolyard pathetic.
If you dont boo then you will be providing cover for the racists who are not booing any more.
Surely nobody wants to be associated with racists so everybody had better BOO their hearts out now or face being accused of racism.

He just gets booed because he isn't a good little aboriginal that stays in his box.
Not reductionist at all.

He gets boos from the left, he gets boos from the right.
That Adam Goodes is a booer's delight.

He gets booed in the daytime and booed in the night.
People keep booing 'cause that is their right.

But Adam has won the Brownlow more than once.
So stop with the booing, you're just being racists.

Why arent Walters and Jetta and co getting boo'ed this week?

Because Australians are all racists and cant stand indigenous players standing up for themselves and "stepping out of place".

Every Australian is racist, or at least the ones that go to Subiaco oval are, we know this. This is a fact? No?

So why arent they getting boo'ed?

Explain the spear Jetta threw last week then?
Jetta doing something has nothing to do with what Goodes did earlier in the season.
Doesnt change the fact one was malicious when it didnt need to be - to oposition fans when youre 50 points up after kicking a regulation goal.
It was the first goal he'd scored in indigenous round.
Not busting your balls but if it was a boomerang wouldn't he catch it when it came back. Or can we assume he hit the target?
Goodes didn't actually move his arm forward past his head though.

Jetta doing something has nothing to do with what Goodes did earlier in the season.

It was the first goal he'd scored in indigenous round.

Goodes didn't actually move his arm forward past his head though.
First goal - yep good on him. Go celebrate to your fans... oh wait. He chose to attack the Carlton fans instead.

This is indefensible logic from you, you cant win this argument! You cant explain that by anything else but the fact that Goodes is a flog, he had two options, two sides of the coin, one celebration, one mocking and intimidatory. He chose his side. He reaped the rewards.

Why arent Walters and Jetta and co getting boo'ed this week?

Because Australians are all racists and cant stand indigenous players standing up for themselves and "stepping out of place".

Every Australian is racist, or at least the ones that go to Subiaco oval are, we know this. This is a fact? No?

So why arent they getting boo'ed?
maybe because people like walters and jetta's personalities unlike goodes, mind boggling isnt it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, nothing is Adam Goddes' fault.

I'm sure once he's retired and we all move forward into 2016, Indigenous players will continue to be booed for 'racial' reasons, yes? No!

I'm all for progressing the Indeginous community, there's just simply no logic in what Goodes has done this year in terms of helping. He's created a divide rather than doing what we all want, bringing everyone together.

The odd ignorant racist will exist forever, plain and simple. What's progressive is taking the high ground and ignoring it, not branding everyone with the same prejudice view with an intent to shame people from expressing none racial judgments.

Actually I change my mind. The subtly racist thing goes for you too.

First goal - yep good on him. Go celebrate to your fans... oh wait. He chose to attack the Carlton fans instead.

This is indefensible logic, you cant win this argument! You cant explain that by anything else but the fact that Goodes is a flog, he had two options, two sides of the coin, one celebration, one mocking and intimidatory. He chose his side. He reaped the rewards.

Goodes was rewarded? What'd he get?

They are white. I asked, fourth time now: would you be boing a white person because of their race?
You didnt answer my quote earier.

Or do you not want to look at how hypocritical your line of questioning right now is.

I re-iterate. If booing goodes is racist regardless of a persons intention. How can he know intention of why he is booing a white person

It wasnt a celebration, thats the point.

It was spitting on the Carlton fans, abusing them, for no reason.

Just like when Marc Murphy flipped off collingwoods cheer squad after a goal one day, Goodes is destined to cop it for every possession from here on out.

Oh, wait.

You didnt answer my quote earier.

Or do you not want to look at how hypocritical your line of questioning right now is.

I re-iterate. If booing goodes is racist regardless of a persons intention. How can he know intention of why he is booing a white person

Yeah, so hypocritical that it has no answer? It's not a hard question.

This is indefensible logic from you, you cant win this argument!
I didn't realise there was an argument. I thought I was just correcting your somewhat amusing lack of knowledge on topics you were vehemently arguing as we went along.
If booing goodes is racist regardless of a persons intention. How can he know intention of why he is booing a white person
Haha what the ****?

Saw Michael Walters and Danyle Pearce on my TV. Celebrating to the crowd, with really passive fun style guestures. Not inciting the opposition crowd.

Good examples and role model for the kids :thumbsu:

Saw Adam Goodes being divisive as usual with aggressive guestures to the opposition of a home game. Few months later Lewis Jetta says "eff you" in no uncertain terms with the same aggression to the opposition fans over irrational perceptions of racism, taking a leaf out of the Goodes book hiding behind his tradition to do a callous act.

Bad example for the kids :thumbsdown:

Comfortable with my 2007 onwards assessment of being anti-Goodes and a life long pro-indigenous supporter :)

I didn't realise there was an argument. I thought I was just correcting your somewhat amusing lack of knowledge on topics you were vehemently arguing.
My point was, I will occasionally boo Goodes because he is a flog- as seen by his actions against Carlton earlier in the year.

You are trying (and failing) to defend Goodes' actions.

If you agree that Goodes' actions where those of a flog and werent needed and that he could have celebrated to his own fans instead then there is nothing else to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back