Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the duck is the Informed Medical Options Party?
Basically anti-vax and anti-flouride dressed up as "just reasonable concern".

Slippery Pete this ones for you. 2 SA schools have ripped off old toilet doors to mimic new gender neutral toilets.

I'll drop that grenade and leave you all to it :D
Thank you for that diversion from the election! Article here:

And for those who will say "oh, Daily Mail", the article includes a link to the letter from the principal, which reads, in part (bolding mine):

[For new toilets provided as part of a recent capital works project] This includes providing lockable, non-gendered cubicles, with handwashing facilities included inside the cubicle, accessed directly from common spaces or open corridors."
We are taking steps to modify the design of the existing toilet blocks so they mimic as much as possible the look and feel of the toilet facilities in the new buildings. Hence, we will be removing the two outer doors ... so the toilets in these spaces are more easily accessible from the foyers. Privacy is still provided to students through access to lockable, individual cubicles within the toilet blocks. It is not possible to provide handwashing facilities inside existing toilet cubicles so students will need to complete this task at the communal wash basins outside of the cubicles.

We believe this action will provide greater safety for student usage and will more closely align our older toilet blocks with the new standards.

In other words... "We have gone to extra expense on the new capital works, to provide handwashing facilities inside each and every cubicle, just so we can place these cubicles in areas that can be accessed by both male and female students at the same time and say the magic words "gender neutral". It's not possible to provide even this paper-thin level of privacy in the older toilet blocks, but we're going to make them gender-neutral anyway, for no reason other than to "align" the old blocks with the new design. The students - especially the female students - and their parents may have some concerns with this arrangement, but those concerns are not important to us. Being able to say "gender neutral" is the most important thing to us."

Last edited:

Commonwealth Games 2022: Stewart McSweyn in doubt due to Covid booster complications​

A Covid vaccination booster in February has been identified as the cause of middle-distance star Stewart McSweyn‘s continued health battles.

McSweyn’s immediate future hangs in the balance with serious concerns about his Commonwealth Games preparation after his second consecutive below-par performance.

Athletics Australia Lead Coach Nic Bideau said McSweyn had been able to train strongly but his body wasn‘t responding when placed under race pressure.

“It‘s concerning and the doctor is telling us that it’s definitely linked to the vaccination in February,” Bideau said.
“He says there are quite a few athletes suffering from the same thing and there‘s no point racing until he’s right. When that is, we’re not sure now.”

You also had the vax mandates for 12+ up until a few weeks ago. That doesn’t just affect the person not going, but also the friends and family of that person. It’s just another unneccssary obstacle.

Then all the shit the AFL is f**cking up, game wise, that we discuss here week in, week out.

What has happened is the habit of going to the footy has been broken for a lot of people, and once it’s broken, it’s really hard to get back.

Serves them right. They treated people like idiots for two years, now they’re suffering the consequences.

We’ve had 2 big golf days (RFDS & Variety) recently and both were down more than 50% against the norm. Older people (and a few lemmings in here) have been scared witless by governments who put all their eggs in the vax = dead end strategy. Then when that turned to be a false dawn, people haven’t recovered.

Still, funny that the voters and comment makers in advertiser polls were at 50% will continue to wear masks after the mandate ends. So those dipshits are either full of it or represent about 1 in every 1000 people.

Can one of you bastards tell me what Kane McGoodwin has won and why?

A bottle of hently farm something that kirky accidentally left on his slow combustion heater. It was for predicting closest the election result. I’m not sure there were any other respondents. He doesn’t get a game up and running like a spackler does.

I'm happily wearing a mask in poorly ventilated and/or crowded indoor settings.

Of course, because it stops you breathing in other people’s expelled air. Just like it stopped the explosion in cases when we opened the borders and removing the mandate resulted in an explosion in cases. Wear as many as you like, google the Swiss cheese meme, it definitely is exactly like that for virus’ that are expelled in ordinary breath particles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant wait for the '' economy is booming its due to Scomo'' or the ''economy is shit told ya Labor would screw it'' in the next 6 months

Good news is that if history is repeated, you won’t drop in until a month or so out. And then probably only if your team is looking a foregone conclusion. So you won’t have to read any of it.

Good news is that if history is repeated, you won’t drop in until a month or so out. And then probably only if your team is looking a foregone conclusion. So you won’t have to read any of it.
Do I do a Mutineer laugh track or let you search posts

I did a job out north two years ago and all the cubicles were together in one line.
Is this what you mean?
I only saw the headline and its as I posted, they’ve ripped the old doors off the toilet entrance to make it gender neutral, imagine the whoffs coming from there

Slippery Pete this ones for you. 2 SA schools have ripped off old toilet doors to mimic new gender neutral toilets.

I'll drop that grenade and leave you all to it :D
You'll be glad to hear .....this is all coming to an end .....it'll just take a while for Australia to catch up .....thankyou Disney, you were the catalyst

I only saw the headline and its as I posted, they’ve ripped the old doors off the toilet entrance to make it gender neutral, imagine the whoffs coming from there

If I’ve understood it correctly, it was a strategic move by the principle. People want the doors, but in new design principles they’re not there. So he removed the doors as an illustration as to what it’s going to look like going forward.

It’s funny, people will complain about doors being removed but when it’s built without doors, will they complain still?

I remember in year 9 the chicks were complaining about a shower cubicle that was missing a curtain whereas we didn’t even have cubicles at all. And some videos I’ve seen on the net from OS have communal chicks showers. Would the year 9 girls have complained of there were none?

You'll be glad to hear .....this is all coming to an end .....it'll just take a while for Australia to catch up .....thankyou Disney, you were the catalyst

I’m going to go back to the advertiser online polls. Basically 50% of people stated the mask mandate was removed too early and separately that 50% of people will continue to wear them after the mandate is removed. How representative are these wackos? Drops in an ocean but unfortunately they drive a lot of decisions by permanently petrified of a bad word pollies and influential public servants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back