The all important changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

I honestly don't know if Edwards shoulod be dropped. If we don't win clearances and we don't have the ball, Edwards can't do his job (kick goals and be a link-up half-forward). He stays IMO.

No idea who to drop, could drop 10-12 players on yesterday's "performance".

There won't be any changes.

Unless through injury.

Make every man out there accountable for this week, and allow them the chance to make amends.

There will be big wholesale changes this year. It's impossible not to, to avoid staying as almost-rans.

Therefore guys are playing for their jumpers next week for next year.

Unless through injury.

Make every man out there accountable for this week, and allow them the chance to make amends.

There will be big wholesale changes this year. It's impossible not to, to avoid staying as almost-rans.

Yeah nah, Corey Jones can get the **** out of the side.

Laidley's got to admit an error in judgement and drop Edwards and McIntosh.

Yeah I agree they are both in our starting 18, but these two blokes are coming back from injuries which were initially touted as season ending injuries.

Either way both of them have missed way too much footy this year and if you think they were having trouble keeping up yesterday, well as we all know, finals steps up another gear in intensity, speed and pressure.

Team balance was affected yesterday in picking blokes who were never going to be ready in time for a Premiership tilt.

Unless through injury.

Interesting thought - tell everyone on the periphery (ie Swallow, Lower, Riggio, Goldstein, S. Thompson etc) that they are safe. And tell everyone in the side that they are on the knife edge.

Do we make a really bold move similar to Geelong in the first week of i think th 93 or 94 series at Waverley v the favourites Carlton? If i remember they lost i think Hocking maybe Couch and put in Aaron Lord and a few others before they game, no one gave them a chance, and they won. Sometimes youthful exuberance can help no end, personally i think we have much to gain from a bit of enthusiasm after yesterday.

I'm for giving kids a go, some one deserves to be dropped, but not the usual suspects, someone high profile needs to get the arse, maybe 2 of them.
Get some kids in there with run, if nothing else they get finals experience.

Drop Macca - Jones - Harding - Harris
in Josh Smith - Nathan Thompson - Riggo(if not suspened if so sinclair) - Davies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think Gav Urquhart will be looked at seriously this week as well. Form has really tapered off in the last few weeks.

Edwards and Hamish are both in our best 22 i think, but it depends on how we go about this week. I reckon you'll see a really determined effort this week from the boys.

Thommo looks to be shot and probably doesn't offer any more than Edwards. Goldy and Leeroy are probably no better than a half fit Hamish. Sinclair will probably come in for Turtle, and that would make sense. Corey Jones has been horrible all year, so a Ben Ross could maybe come in for him. Harris has been up and down, but would Grima or Swallow offer more? I like the idea of bringing new blood in, but VFL form isn't the best indicator of being afl ready, otherwise Browny would be our starting CHF each week.

You'd think Gav Urquhart will be looked at seriously this week as well. Form has really tapered off in the last few weeks.

Has been ordinary since his Rising Star nod.

Maybe to get the best out of him we should start touting him as an inevitable Brownlow medallist.

Is Greenwood a left-field possibility?

Do you know what sends a huge message?

Greenwood in, Simpson out.

Strike the fear of God into these boys, make no one safe.

Drop: Harding (inj)
In: Ross

Laidley has always been conservative dropping players due to poor form. Look how long Browny lasted for and CJ & Harro have played all year out of form. Harro has played what....3 or 4 good games.

I think CJ should play the HBF on O'Keefe and told to restrict him to 1 goal. Ross to come in to replace the run of Harding.

Hale will really stretch their back line.

Their forward line will really stretch our back line
- Spud to start on Hall with Petrie cutting off his leads.
- Gibson on O'Loughlin, if he plays
- Hansen on the resting ruckman: Everitt or Jolly
- Pratty on Davis

Drop: Harding (inj)
In: Ross

Laidley has always been conservative dropping players due to poor form. Look how long Browny lasted for and CJ & Harro have played all year out of form. Harro has played what....3 or 4 good games.

I think CJ should play the HBF on O'Keefe and told to restrict him to 1 goal. Ross to come in to replace the run of Harding.

Hale will really stretch their back line.

Their forward line will really stretch our back line
- Spud to start on Hall with Petrie cutting off his leads.
- Gibson on O'Loughlin, if he plays
- Hansen on the resting ruckman: Everitt or Jolly
- Pratty on Davis

Hall and Bolton are both in trouble this week. Barry for punching some guy in the gut and Bolton for rough conduct.

Laidley's got to admit an error in judgement and drop Edwards and McIntosh.

Yeah I agree they are both in our starting 18, but these two blokes are coming back from injuries which were initially touted as season ending injuries.

Either way both of them have missed way too much footy this year and if you think they were having trouble keeping up yesterday, well as we all know, finals steps up another gear in intensity, speed and pressure.

Team balance was affected yesterday in picking blokes who were never going to be ready in time for a Premiership tilt.
Spot on. Just got to pick fit players now. Cannot carry blokes who are injured or underdone into finals.

Jones and McIntosh must make way on this basis and Simpson is definitely carrying something with his left leg and Wells has a myriad of injury problems it seems.

OUT: H.McIntosh(underdone), C.Jones(serverly injured), S.Watt(enough is enough), L.Harding.
IN: E.Lower, J.Sinclair, ?, N.Thompson.
SIDE:
B:Gibbo Spud Pratty
HB: Joff Lachy Gav
C: Rawlings Simmo Wellsy
HF: Shagga Azza McMahon
F: LT Hale Flash
R: Drew Harro Boomer
I: Lower Power Ross Thommo
E: Hamish Watt Goldi

I like the idea of telling the guys in the senior list that they are playing for spots in next year's side, but saying that, there really needs to be some whole sale changes to the middle- it has been our problem every time we have lost.

Surely, after two or three months of Riggio, Lower and Grima performing outstandingly in the 2's that they will be recalled this week. They are they key, they have been for most of the season though for some reason, our tired and one dimensional old midfield has found a way of doing it week in week out for the previous six weeks.

I really don't know why people are calling for more forwards to be named, it won't solve anything, neither will putting more backmen in- we need midfield hunger in the side and that comes from desperate young players playing for their careers.

Saying that:

I really did think having Macintosh in the side was a mistake this early after a major knee injury and so late in the year. He must make way, will do nothing and clogs up the ground.

Edwards may remain in the side as long as Jones is dropped, having both of them is just silly really. If Jones plays, it has to be in the middle or across HB.

Harris needs a break. I am now thinking after another six or seven weeks of poor form that it might be in the clubs interest to trade him. Sad I think, he is a super player when switched in the ON position.

Out: Hamish, Jones, Harris, Harding (if inj.), Edwards

In: Riggio, Ross, Lower/Sinclair, S.Thompson, Swallow

B:pratt Gibson S.Thompson
HB:Urquhart Hansen Lower/Sinclair
C: Wells Firrito Riggio
HF: Harvey McMahon Ross
F: Campbell Hale Thomas
R: Petrie Simpson Power
I: Rawlings, Swallow, Grant, Watt

out: harding
in: sinclair

We can't go too beserk with trades now. This is the team that got us to the finals & we have to show some faith. Stick with Edwards & Hamish.

Give the midfielders a good rev up and we can still do Sydney or Collongwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

The all important changes for next week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back