The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I cringe at the thought of handing them a win so they can hop back on the plane with some undeserved cause for optimism.

“Yeah we rested Jimmy and Broad early and got outplayed, but we showed the character of this team with a hard fought draw then clawed back a late win”

F’n spare me.
I’d actually be prepared to give them one just for the laughs. “Yeah looked we played at our best and showed some fight when the fight was over”

Switched over to the BBL game until Burns is out. So difficult to watch with his weird uncanny valley batting stance. Looks like a hideously misshapen alien creature has taken over a human body and doesn't quite know how it works. Turns my stomach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've usually had the safety net of 350+ runs and a 2nd new ball with these 4th innings run chases

Can stack the slips cordon. Not be too fussed about runs.

Mindset different now. Will need to drop out slips at times, maybe deploy sweepers. No new ball.

Different game

We've basically cemented these two in now. It's looking like the only way we will get them is (ironically) bringing back Starc and beating them for pace. Will blow another 50 runs in the process though.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ashes. Fifth Test Australia v England @ Blundstone Arena, Hobart, 14-18 January 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back