The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

We wouldn’t want to peak too early. 😂
You’ll be fine mate. Missing plenty of players. We saw the turnaround from when Geelong beat you when you were missing a third of your best 22 to how you absolutely reamed them the second time. Admittedly, they’re no good, but you get the point.

Carlton are literally second lol
They won't be after this round. Well, I'd be very surprised if they were. Three losses in four with the only win being a lucky one against North.

The top 4 will be non-Victorian. Swans, Lions, Freo and GWS/Port.

They won't be after this round. Well, I'd be very surprised if they were. Three losses in four with the only win being a lucky one against North.

Apparently he's unaware of this fact so I'm glad you've clarified for him.

Thanks for showing some people how to engage in meaningful discussions. SM has kinda killed off any interest I have in having this convo by making it all about his petty grudge he has with me, so we’ll leave it at that.

Think the Baggers will be top four though!

Carlton have travelled twice in 2 months so the 5 day break excuse is pretty thin.

If there's any team that can win the flag from outside the top 4 it's them. Get an "away" final against Vic opposition, a GF against a non-Vic side + frees out the wazoo to Curnow. See also: Bulldogs 2016.

Carlton have travelled twice in 2 months so the 5 day break excuse is pretty thin.

If there's any team that can win the flag from outside the top 4 it's them. Get an "away" final against Vic opposition, a GF against a non-Vic side + frees out the wazoo to Curnow. See also: Bulldogs 2016.
I know Sydney fans amusingly haven’t slept properly since the Dogs did em in 2016, but surely not Freo fans too?!

Fremantle beat Sydney, the clear best team in the AFL this year, in Sydney and you’re here talking about Carlton beating a non-Victorian club in the GF, from outside the top 4? Fremantle will be sitting pretty inside the top 4 (2nd is there for the taking) and you already took the big scalp of Sydney away, the GF is at the MCG so you don’t need to worry about home ground advantage against Sydney, who will make it through.

Fremantle fans should be giddy about their own prospects of winning the flag. So don’t sell yourself short thinking that this year will be a Carlton story. Why can’t it be a Fremantle story?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To miss finals from here would be a new low.
Top 2 at the bye. Top 4 at Round 18.
In fairness this is largely fixture wizardry.

At no stage have we played like the second or fourth best team in the comp.
But it's been better than this.

In fairness this is largely fixture wizardry.

At no stage have we played like the second or fourth best team in the comp.
But it's been better than this.
Quite true.

Should be beating St.K though. They're coached by a tactically inept football dinosaur

Quite true.

Should be beating St.K though. They're coached by a tactically inept football dinosaur
Oh abolutely. This is still an enormous drop off in form, but not from quite as high (ability-wise) as the media will make it out to be.

Quite true.

Essendon players just aren't putting in the effort, Saints want it more. Lyon is a better coach than B.Scott too imo.

Bombers have a real tough run home.

Your Ross hate is relentless, to me grudge should merely be a place to park your car!
St.K and Freo fans Stockholm Syndrome on RTB is staggering.
Rejoice, you escaped. St.K begged for him back like a desperate ex.

What is to like, spend years playing physically taxing unattractive football that wins nothing, and wastes the careers of great small (ballantyne/Milne) and tall (Pavlich/Riewoldt) careers in the process.

Cancerous to football

Essendon players just aren't putting in the effort, Saints want it more. Lyon is a better coach than B.Scott too imo.

Bombers have a real tough run home too.
Bradley appears better suited to staying at the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back