The Banner

Remove this Banner Ad

LennyLeonard

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2007
Carlton
AFL Club
Carlton
I thought yesterday's banner was shocking. It would not have looked out of place at a junior footy game. Jarred Waite plays his 100th game for the club and there is not a word of congrats or well done.
Just

Jarred Waite
100 games

Inspirational stuff:thumbsdown:

I thought yesterday's banner was shocking. It would not have looked out of place at a junior footy game. Jarred Waite plays his 100th game for the club and there is not a word of congrats or well done.
Just

Jarred Waite
100 games

Inspirational stuff:thumbsdown:

yeah mentioned that too to my mate........poor effort by the cheer squad all round yesterday!!

Lame - Noticed it was a lot smaller than Sydney's, when it should be the other way 'round playing an interstate team. In light of recent rumblings perhaps it was a 'protest' banner...

Lame - Noticed it was a lot smaller than Sydney's, when it should be the other way 'round playing an interstate team. In light of recent rumblings perhaps it was a 'protest' banner...

No question.

What rumblings are these?

Think there was some fallout from the Richmond game banner. Not sure of the issue but it may centre around the fact the club admin selects the banner slogans and possibly the CS are indignant that they are being blamed for it. Could easily be wrong.

It's a shame because the CS is one of the few remaining aspects of the old game left. The AFL are probably desperate to kill them off because they don't make money.

talking to the cheer squad at the port game they said to me they get no money from the club and what they write on the banner has to be ok by the club.they aren't allowed any sponsers either.

that is exactly correct.....
and Thy to answer your question from earlier, My daughter tries her heart out & cheers for they boys whether they are winning or losing.... after all she is only 14 :eek: lmao

and to what others have stated in here, I agree the banner was disgraceful on Sunday for Waitey.... I would have been embarrassed running through the thing. And Thy my daughter was one of the ones holding it up..... your eyes for an old man are pretty good..... or is it the specs doing their job ????? lmao

that is exactly correct.....
and Thy to answer your question from earlier, My daughter tries her heart out & cheers for they boys whether they are winning or losing.... after all she is only 14 :eek: lmao

and to what others have stated in here, I agree the banner was disgraceful on Sunday for Waitey.... I would have been embarrassed running through the thing. And Thy my daughter was one of the ones holding it up..... your eyes for an old man are pretty good..... or is it the specs doing their job ????? lmao

:eek: wtf??

It was a disgrace that banner, the most embarrasing thing were the colourful stars or whatever they were and what about the size of the banner? **** me.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Banner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back