Game Day The battle of the Port, v Freeo

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win or lose we can finish 2nd, 3rd or 4th.

I really hate supporting oppo sides, but if Carlton & Bulldogs lose before we play this will be Freo's GF.
That's 2 in 2 weeks!
Salivating isn't it.

View attachment 2090461

There's a flight to Bali from Perth at 8.50 pm.

Hopefully they're thinking about that.

Drew on Serong is a critical match up. We need the next month to be big Willie time.
serong is not a damaging midfielder, this is why i will alsways favour the sikly, quick creative kicking midfielders. i would go drew to hayden young. young has one of the best fwd of centre kicks in the comp, he is their most damaging mid.

Bit more.

If we score 55 points they would need to score 84.
This isn't correct. If we score 55, we can allow Freo to score 78 before we drop below Geelong.

The table of maximum Freo scores we can allow, is here:

This isn't correct. If we score 55, we can allow Freo to score 78 before we drop below Geelong.

The table of maximum Freo scores we can allow, is here:

Or we just win the game

Weather forecast for Perth is good, so should be a decent game after suck-arse Saturday's round of matches.

If Freo start Luke Jackson in a forward pocket and not ruck that gives us a leg up. We should win this, lock in second place and then get us sitting on the phones when finals tickets go on sale.

Weather forecast for Perth is good, so should be a decent game after suck-arse Saturday's round of matches.

If Freo start Luke Jackson in a forward pocket and not ruck that gives us a leg up. We should win this, lock in second place and then get us sitting on the phones when finals tickets go on sale.

It would be nice to get a decent finals crowd after the embarrassing crowd v GWS last season.

Permutations:

If we win, almost likely to finish second, unless GWS beat the Dogs by more than roughly 40 pts from our margin with Freo, in which case we end up playing GWS away. If GWS win by less than that differential, then we play GWS at home.

A draw for us and GWS win, we are third and play GWS away. A draw for both us and GWS, we play GWS home.

A draw or win for GWS and a loss for us puts us third or fourth depending on our loosing margin, as suggested around 25 pts, third means GWS away, fourth, Sydney away.

A win for Dogs and the Blues, loss for us puts us between 2 and 4 depending on the margin we lose, but puts Freo out of contention for the 8. If margin differential is low we stay second, small differential, we are third (edit- fall behind Geelong) and if we lose big, then fourth (edit - fall below GWS). Geelong will be second if we are third or fourth Finish 2, play Geelong at home. Finish 3, play Geelong away. Finish 4, play Sydney away.

I think I have it right. I had to do a small edit…..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been guilty as many from saying pre-game that Port is due to Port it up. Hasn’t happened for weeks now. We’re in pretty decent form and as a bonus at the right time of year. I’m expecting a good showing from the boys today
This is how they get you.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hinkley saying the quiet part out loud about Houston being a single player and replaceable in the system.

I think we're going to struggle today.

Permutations:

If we win, almost likely to finish second, unless GWS beat the Dogs by more than roughly 40 pts from our margin with Freo, in which case we end up playing GWS away. If GWS win by less than that differential, then we play GWS at home.

A draw for us and GWS win, we are third and play GWS away. A draw for both us and GWS, we play GWS home.

A draw or win for GWS and a loss for us puts us third or fourth depending on our loosing margin, as suggested around 25 pts, third means GWS away, fourth, Sydney away.

A win for Dogs and the Blues, loss for us puts us between 2 and 4 depending on the margin we lose, but puts Freo out of contention for the 8. If margin differential is low we stay second, small differential, we are third (edit- fall behind Geelong) and if we lose big, then fourth (edit - fall below GWS). Geelong will be second if we are third or fourth Finish 2, play Geelong at home. Finish 3, play Geelong away. Finish 4, play Sydney away.

I think I have it right. I had to do a small edit…..
Nasty storm for Victoria today and Southern NSW today? Might affect outcomes.

At least the 30k winds have gone, it’s overcast and dull.
Looks like Headingley on the first morning of a test match, if we win the toss I’d bowl.

Garlin Gilchrist GIF

Win or lose today. I think we all just waiting to see what we do in finals. Have we learned anything? or are we still mentally soft when it matters most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back