Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

I get a kick out of seeing cars with Hawthorn premiership stickers on the back.

And there a thousands out there on the back of cars, they certainly stand out :thumbsu::thumbsu:

On the 29th, I'm going to be taking my kids down to see the Premiership Cup & have photos taken with it. This will be the second time in my life that I will have been able to do this with the current premiership cup, which is more than 1563 St Kilda players, 975 Footscray/Bulldogs players, 485 Melbourne players since 1964, 303 Richmond players since 1980 & 175 Fremantle players (everybody except Peter Bell) have been able to do. That's a pretty special feeling.
Brent Guerra says hi ;)

Brent Guerra says hi ;)
Just remind me, how many did premierships did he play in at St Kilda? ;)

I forgot to "omit" Ian Stewart as well. And Jesaulenko. And Perovic. And Greene. And I'm sure there are several others.

Just remind me, how many did premierships did he play in at St Kilda? ;)

I forgot to "omit" Ian Stewart as well. And Jesaulenko. And Perovic. And Greene. And I'm sure there are several others.

Haha, that's also going to be inspiring for Big Boy McEvoy: leave the Saints, win premiership!

Although Jesaulenko made the mistake of going to them after he won his premierships.

I like that Kennett's 5-2-50 plan doesn't seem so cocky or unrealistic in retrospect. Sure we were a season too late with the second flag but I'm pretty pleased all up.

What's the next big hairy audacious goal?

100,000 members & 2 Premierships in five years.

;)

20131130_172046_2.jpeg

The taste of victory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having won the flag the dance on Essenjections grave will be more enjoyable. Instead of the waltz I was thinking more a Macarena or nutbush would be appropriate.
Twerking on it would be the level of respect it deserves.

tl;dr Today's official death of the so-called NBN reminds me that the Hawks will remain one of my life's little pleasures, and will always bring a smile to my face.

Today, when the future of this country has been held back indefinitely by mean-spirited, petty, vindictive middle-aged rich white pricks who are unwilling to look anywhere but backwards, I can remember what it felt like to celebrate a Premiership.

Today, when the promise of infrastructure that would see Australia through the next 50 plus years has been finally shattered, and buried with some of the lies and political bull-crap that accompanied it, I can make plans to watch every Hawks game in crappy, compressed SD on my giant TV. (Or travel to interstate every week to watch the Hawks live.) That'll do me.

It's the little things, see.

Anyone who supported the Hawks at any time in their long history should still be very proud today, even several months after the Grand Final, and should be hopeful for the Hawks future.

Anyone who voted for the Liberal party and uses the internet should be ashamed.

Go Hawks.

tl;dr Today's official death of the so-called NBN reminds me that the Hawks will remain one of my life's little pleasures, and will always bring a smile to my face.

Today, when the future of this country has been held back indefinitely by mean-spirited, petty, vindictive middle-aged rich white pricks who are unwilling to look anywhere but backwards, I can remember what it felt like to celebrate a Premiership.

Today, when the promise of infrastructure that would see Australia through the next 50 plus years has been finally shattered, and buried with some of the lies and political bull-crap that accompanied it, I can make plans to watch every Hawks game in crappy, compressed SD on my giant TV. (Or travel to interstate every week to watch the Hawks live.) That'll do me.

It's the little things, see.

Anyone who supported the Hawks at any time in their long history should still be very proud today, even several months after the Grand Final, and should be hopeful for the Hawks future.

Anyone who voted for the Liberal party and uses the internet should be ashamed.

Go Hawks.
Hear bloody hear!!!

Supporting Hawthorn was just about the only thing that got me through the previous seven years of a Labor government, 2013 was a doubly good year IMO :thumbsu: ;) Definitely not ashamed.

That, and enjoying the mass public froth mouthed catastrophising over **** all, no doubt

Good idea, come back towards the end of 2016 when one term Tony Abbotoir and his bunch of backwards facing Murdoch puppets are booted out on their arses...

Gay marriage, the NBN, boat people, global warming, it's like we've jumped in to the DeLorean and are hurtling back to the 50's at the speed of light.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back