Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting the the celebrations rolling with a great little package from the club. Thx HFC and Happy New Year to everyone.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/video/2013-12-31/the-road-to-the-premiership

Just watched it.. Loved reminiscing and so much easier to watch than waiting for each game to come on again on Foxtel. Loved the GF part and Gibbo's tears, JL's sneaky little pec on the neck for WhiteX and of course Lakey announced as the NS medallist. It'll all be back again before we know it and I can't wait.
Happy New Year to all. Enjoy the celebrations and stay safe..

OMG, I've only just realized, after all this time. We have a wizard in our midst.

Tell me, has anybody ever seen these two together in the same room at the same time? I think not, and for good reason - they're the same person!!

447865-john-kennedy.jpg
Gandalf_the_Grey.jpg

Very clever, Mr Kennedy. Very clever. You really are the Lord of the Bling. Eleven, to be exact, and counting...

Loved the thing with the kids led by brian lake.

The pr on that bit from the club has been a bit underwhelming, considering we call ourselves the family club

Highlight for me

I like to have a laugh at the footy. I will say uncharitable things about opposition clubs and players and umpires, but at the same time I will applaud good play from the opposition.

Totally agree, it's great fun having a bunch of half cut mates at the footy all aiming to have a good natured laugh. Especially when you start getting the people around you involved.

Always applauded top play from the opposition, you have to appreciate the game, not just your club. If everyone behaves that way we'll never have the absurd thing Soccer does with segregation of supporters cos they're all frustrated twats.

It just occurred to me that the Hawks won the flag when I was two years old (1978) and then seven (1983). And they won the flag when my boy was 2 (2008) and 7 (2013).

Let's hope that trend continues for another 8 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously don't know if I could handle another 84 and 85 :(
84 and 85 kinda had to happen. It just showed the character of the club. Most clubs would have just crawled away into a corner and died after 2 GF defeats in a row. What did Hawthorn do? Said 'bugger this!', and won 4 of the next 6. The only downer was that the bummers weren't good enough to make a GF in those ensuing years so we exact revenge....

84 and 85 kinda had to happen. It just showed the character of the club. Most clubs would have just crawled away into a corner and died after 2 GF defeats in a row. What did Hawthorn do? Said 'bugger this!', and won 4 of the next 6. The only downer was that the bummers weren't good enough to make a GF in those ensuing years so we exact revenge....

They probably went on about not losing to us when it counted, althou there were a couple of finals losses

They probably went on about not losing to us when it counted, althou there were a couple of finals losses
Yeah, the '83 GF didn't count....

I'm an old bastard, I was in my mid teens and utterly Hawk-obsessed (I'm about the same now) at that time. Commentators/media/fans were all saying that, after destroying us in the '85, the bummers were going to completely dominate for the next 5-10 years. Ba-bow....

OMG, I've only just realized, after all this time. We have a wizard in our midst.

Tell me, has anybody ever seen these two together in the same room at the same time? I think not, and for good reason - they're the same person!!

447865-john-kennedy.jpg
Gandalf_the_Grey.jpg

Very clever, Mr Kennedy. Very clever. You really are the Lord of the Bling. Eleven, to be exact, and counting...

We have a certain boy wizard too. He actually did a spoof on the owl picture for a promotion poster but i coudnt find that one

image.jpg image.jpg

Best bit at the moment is running along the beach in my Hawks hat and scowling at all the essendope supporters like they are criminals.

ps. How far do the harbouring criminals and accomplice laws go? Can we make citizens arrests at bombers games next year?

No. But you could be arrested for consorting!

Just watching saints v dogs to have a close look at big boy. hrovat got his first touch in his first game and the commentator said he was part of the lake trade (as a draft pick). We all know how that turned out...

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back