Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowing that we are premiers, sure does help when reading the main board.

Especially as all Hawthorn threads, will fill up with Sydney supporters looking for attention and will slowly turn into reasons why Geelong supporters think Cyril is overrated.

What? Both of them? Seriously, does anyone know of a Swans supporter under the age of 80?

Enjoying Sam Mitchell's interview on AFL Game Day (29/09/2013), again!

Watch from 13:53, he refers to players like Gibbo, Simpkin, Breust, Smith, Puopolo, Stratton, and himself as "VFL/SAFL/WAFL etc..rejects". Not bad to have these 'rejects' become premiership players. Speaks volumes for how well the club has done to identify and develop these sort of players into premiership players. Hope this continues as we keep missing out on the high draft picks due to our ladder position. IMO, this is another reason why this AFL Equalisation idea is a lot of garbage and does not work for clubs like Hawthorn who, have worked hard, have good business plans, and revenue to spend to sustain on and off field successes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? Both of them? Seriously, does anyone know of a Swans supporter under the age of 80?

I live in Adelaide and have yet to meet a Swans supporter except that tosser Dale Lewis. There seemed to be a lot of Freo supporters over here in the week leading up to the GF, but they appear to have gone into hibernation.

Bump.

The best little things about winning the flag?

Posting my overseas relatives the Victory Pack DVDs in all their golden glory, and in a layer of protective bubble wrap, to relive vicariously the month-long magic of pummeling the Sh!tney Corporate Welfare recipients, followed by pinching the Handbaggers purses and taking a metaphorical dump in them, and the final glorious reverse-pressure choke-hold applied to the Shockers.

Now, how's my hand-knitted premiership bet-winning scarf coming along?

It's the little things, see.

Just randomly smiling remembering that you're the reigning premiers. Love hearing anything football related because, well, you're the reigning premiers.

Another thing I can't help but do sometimes is think imagine if we lost to Geelong in the PF and how miserable this off season and coming season would be with the pressure and gloomy outlook of missing out on our chances as a great side.

Instead it's all sunny and beautiful knowing we got the job done and have a free hit this year even and are a chance to go back2back! Love this club!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Enjoying Sam Mitchell's interview on AFL Game Day (29/09/2013), again!

Watch from 13:53, he refers to players like Gibbo, Simpkin, Breust, Smith, Puopolo, Stratton, and himself as "VFL/SAFL/WAFL etc..rejects". Not bad to have these 'rejects' become premiership players. Speaks volumes for how well the club has done to identify and develop these sort of players into premiership players. Hope this continues as we keep missing out on the high draft picks due to our ladder position. IMO, this is another reason why this AFL Equalisation idea is a lot of garbage and does not work for clubs like Hawthorn who, have worked hard, have good business plans, and revenue to spend to sustain on and off field successes.

In a lot of threads we are hearing we need to target free agents and pay top dollar.
Rubbish. I prefer the 'REJECTS'.

Bump.

The best little things about winning the flag?

Posting my overseas relatives the Victory Pack DVDs in all their golden glory, and in a layer of protective bubble wrap, to relive vicariously the month-long magic of pummeling the Sh!tney Corporate Welfare recipients, followed by pinching the Handbaggers purses and taking a metaphorical dump in them, and the final glorious reverse-pressure choke-hold applied to the Shockers.

Now, how's my hand-knitted premiership bet-winning scarf coming along?

It's the little things, see.

I was tempted to do the same for some friends of mine in America, but they don't have a PAL capable tv :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:. I attempted to send them the 2008 GF some time ago and it wouldn't work. I made use of the youtube highlights and the full match replays available, dumped them on a dvd data disc and said happy watching :D

I apologise if this a complete waste of time, as there is no real point to this thread. But as a regular reader, sometimes contributer (but complete Hawthorn lover from '93 onwards) I thought I'd share a small Hawthorn moment I had tonight.
Looked in the cupboard and my two Hawks Premiership stubby holders were next to eachother. So I moved them out to the bench and took a photo. I love these unpredictable in-your-face reminders that we have won 2 grand finals in the last 6 years! Who'd have thunk it?

Also, do you think it'd be a good idea to see if we could screen either the gf or prelim final prior to a game in the early rounds this year at a pub in Hawthorn or Richmond? Feel free to say no. Just an idea. I'm happy to TRY and organise such a thing.

1920459_10151984003975267_2020455221_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back