Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught up with my three brothers a couple of weeks ago. Two are Brisbane supporters and one is Collingwood. I didn't mention a word about Hawthorn and the 2013 premiership. Eventually they had to bring it up and queried why I wasn't showing off. I just shrugged my shoulders and asked what's the big deal? We win the Premiership every 4.5 years. I just hope we don't go back to back next year because I may then have to wait nine years for the next Premiership.

Just stating facts.
Nah, I rather go B2B, sorry. And have that yearly ratio keep reducing,

Having a sneaky look at the Qualifying final on Smart Replay as the family unwind for the festive season. Bliss. Who woulda thunk Hill could've kicked that first one from about 45 metres out? Good hoof for a fella better known for his endurance and short passing. Much to look forward to in 2014.

Having a sneaky look at the Qualifying final on Smart Replay as the family unwind for the festive season. Bliss. Who woulda thunk Hill could've kicked that first one from about 45 metres out? Good hoof for a fella better known for his endurance and short passing. Much to look forward to in 2014.
Really impressed with Hill thru the final series, did more than a number of other more senior players.

I think we originally underestimated what a good footballer Hill is. Win a beep test and everyone wonders how you could possibly have that sort of athleticism and be a champion footballer. It doesn't seem fair somehow. But Hill has a good footy brain, plays with a calmness beyond the number of games played and has fine skills. I can't wait to see him run around next year. If Billy the Kid can develop in the same way we'll be sitting on gold.
On a separate note: IOmith's selfless running to burn off Hannebery at the start of the third is sensational.

H has a good chance to be our most improved this year. IMHO he could become an elite player in the not too distant future. Shows all the signs.

This finally up in my bedroom!

mv18hv.jpg

Really impressed with Hill thru the final series, did more than a number of other more senior players.

The clean pick up from Bartell's kick and then to put it thru for a goal in the PF is all class. Not a lot of players in his age group (or any player) would have done that in a big pressure game.

I love that this year, I can watch every game, even losses, knowing that we did it when it mattered. Big contrast to last year when even the Collingwood game where Clarko punched the wall was ruined for me.

My favourite outcome for the year has been the silence of the cat's fans. They are starting to worry about their run being over and us matching it for flag. If we win in 2014 they will die!

And it couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch....oh wait the scum.

It will be all the same teams going at it again because even though some bottom teams will improve so will all the top teams, that is the way the comp is set up now, which suits me since we are on the top.

The best ‘little’ thing for me is it has shut up a lot of Hawthorn supporters who didn’t have a single good thing to say about their own club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught up with my three brothers a couple of weeks ago. Two are Brisbane supporters and one is Collingwood. I didn't mention a word about Hawthorn and the 2013 premiership. Eventually they had to bring it up and queried why I wasn't showing off. I just shrugged my shoulders and asked what's the big deal? We win the Premiership every 4.5 years. I just hope we don't go back to back next year because I may then have to wait nine years for the next Premiership.

Just stating facts.
LM, 4.5 yrs is an average so I'm happy to win the next twenty in a row if it means the we don't get another for 90 years after that

My favourite outcome for the year has been the silence of the cat's fans. They are starting to worry about their run being over and us matching it for flag. If we win in 2014 they will die!

We have 3 AFL flags anyway, so match it with the best over almost 25 years, even though we had 15 years in there not even winning a final. But only two or three poor finals efforts all up

We are the best defensive side in the comp - our finals average against other top 4 teams for points conceded was less than Freo's average for either the home and away season or the final series. Just didn't get the same credit because we rotated/rested players throughout the season which meant instead of winning some games by 14 goals we won by 6 goals and conceded 90 points on occasion (I think we only gave up 100 in a game 2 in the H&A season). Freo's reliance on Sandi, Pav & McPharlin will be it's undoing as they all move another year close to mid 30's.

Yeah, even the freo up and coming team is a furphy

I think we originally underestimated what a good footballer Hill is. Win a beep test and everyone wonders how you could possibly have that sort of athleticism and be a champion footballer. It doesn't seem fair somehow. But Hill has a good footy brain, plays with a calmness beyond the number of games played and has fine skills. I can't wait to see him run around next year. If Billy the Kid can develop in the same way we'll be sitting on gold.
On a separate note: IOmith's selfless running to burn off Hannebery at the start of the third is sensational.

Hill and Garlett and.....whats the other guys name again ?

We have 3 AFL flags anyway, so match it with the best over almost 25 years, even though we had 15 years in there not even winning a final. But only two or three poor finals efforts all up

Best teams in 25 years since AFL started: Hawthorn. Geelong. Brisbane. Eagles with Three each

Best in 25 years before 1990: hawthorn. Seven. Carlton. Six. Richmond Five. Essendon two

Just watching more replays, does anyone else actually think Hodge is damn nearly as good on his right and left foot as Mitch is?

I'd say he's nearly as ambidextrous as Sam...perhaps not quite. He certainly doesn't have any issues kicking on the right. Sam bamboozles opponents by exploiting this ability. Although Hodgey is good on the right, you get the feeling he would rather kick on his left. With Sam he truly isn't fussed about either foot.

I've noticed that Luke Breust is pretty bloody good on his left foot. He doesn't seem fazed about using the wrong foot.

Just stating facts.

We're bringing the average down (Clarko is working on that), so we won't have to wait nine years after completing our B2B next year.

I'd say he's nearly as ambidextrous as Sam...perhaps not quite. He certainly doesn't have any issues kicking on the right. Sam bamboozles opponents by exploiting this ability. Although Hodgey is good on the right, you get the feeling he would rather kick on his left. With Sam he truly isn't fussed about either foot.

I've noticed that Luke Breust is pretty bloody good on his left foot. He doesn't seem fazed about using the wrong foot.

Yep, would agree with that summation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love The best little things about having won the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back