Game Day The Big One. Hawthorn V West Coast Eagles Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

The guys on channel 7 in Melbourne are talking about whispers of hawk players planning to physically target our young mids.

Sounds like they're struggling to fill airtime and have resorted to cliches. Next they'll speak about how many left-footers we have. The guys on Channel 7 wouldn't know what Hawthorn's particular gameplan is for tomorrow.

Im a nervous wreck, i feel blessed that we are classified in the same league as hawthorn.. at the start of the year i would have called you a fool to even put money on west coast making the grand final. But i watched from the stands as west coast smashed the hawks to lead by 50 points at 3qtr time in the qualifying final. Watched our boys gain more and more confindence in every game, embrace adam simpsons game plan.

BRING IT ON! I have the belief that we can win this game, its going to be a fierce contest, but were up for it, carn west coast yeeow

I'm expecting an all in fight early

Toe rag Lewis will target someone

Our boys can go also

Sinclair can go and Kennedy also

I'm expecting an all in fight early

Toe rag Lewis will target someone

Our boys can go also

Sinclair can go and Kennedy also

Yeah I'm expecting them to hit us with everything early on. If we can hang with them I expect to run over the top of them and win the game.

I expect the mids will wrestle all day while NN just jumps over Big Boy with the footy in hand, sprinting away from everyone and kicking mongrels into the f50 all day that Josh Hill soccers through the goals.

almost midnight over here in Melbourne and I feel really invested in this game now. Nowhere near falling asleep. Too nervous. Can you believe that our 2006 premiership was over 200 games ago? Hope our boys dont get overawed by the occasion early like we did in the prelim against North. Stuff the Hawks unsociable football crap. Our big blokes need to stand tall early. Yeo, Hurn, Nic Nat, Darling - they need to throw their weight around if it gets physical in the 1st quarter.

Yeah I'm trying to go to bed because I want to reserve a table at the pub tomorrow morning but I don't think I drunk enough to make me sleep. I might have to listen to some ambient music and do some breathing exercises.

I hope the melts aren't too extreme on here should we somehow lose this tomorrow, but I also hope the celebrations last weeks if we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What others think and what big footy posters think won't count for anything

I've decided to go for paddle tomorrow morning and get back just for the bounce

Sitting around for five hours is not my thing

Go get in the water and chil out

To all the posters who ride the waves through thick and thin, I'm talking all season, the hardcore fans who watch every minute of every game. The ones that can tell you every player on our list from a distance by his ball drop.
Love you all
Love you too. Stenglein will dominate tomorrow

Guys this is the day we have all been waiting for our chance at glory and immortality.
We need to come mentally prepared for the fight and contest and to be cool and calm with our decision making and thought process.
Simmo will keep the boys measured but with a steely resolve and fortitude fitting for the biggest stage.
Our lack of grand final experience means nothing once the ball is bounced its 22 v 22. We will be more hungry we want that sweet taste of success and to have the chance to do it against one of the best teams of the modern era you couldnt ask for a better scenario.
The Hawks will come hard at as but we will be ready to answer the call at every stage. Our implementation of our system has stood up all year and is the reason we are here today and will be the reason we will walk away with our 4th premiership cup this afternoon.
ITS TIME TO HUNT AND KILL!!!
#The West is ours# The premiership is ours

I was born and bred a Hawthorn supporter but my other half is from a family of Eagles supporters so the house is a bit tense to say the least.

Whatever the result, your blokes have been great all year and the Eagles are a great club. I would much more comfortable facing Freo or North but this is the GF match up any fan of attractive attacking footy would have been hoping for.

Let's hope for a brilliant game.

Go Hawks.

Laying in bed watching grand final marathon and scouring big footy excited as hell for the big one!

Go you ****ing west coasters!!!!

GO THE MIGHTY ****EN EAAAAGLEEESSS!!!!!!!!

Can't believe were gonna see our boys in the big dance. Going to the game so in ****en pumped . Tis has been one hell of a ride. To be honest I'm not going to be that upset if we lose ( unless it's a cruel loss ) because if we do get knocked off I reckon we'll get it next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day The Big One. Hawthorn V West Coast Eagles Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back