Game Day The Big One. Hawthorn V West Coast Eagles Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have the gameplan to get over the line. Naitanui is going to need to be at his best.

Eagles by 6. Darling for Norm Smith. Big Game player whose been quiet. He knows it and is ready to come out firing.

Thats a big props to Lake who is so far past his prime its not funny. Bloke is on his last legs and out the door come seasons end or an anchor for next year depending on how Hawthorn play it.

Freo would be a good fit for lake... :p

I doubt it will be lake v kennedy- Frawley on form should get the match up. We need the resting ruckman to take him away from JK. even on current form, he still can take the game away from us with his intercept marking.

FORWARD: Kennedy v Lake

Brian Lake has, for a number of years, been amongst the best lockdown defenders in the game. He's big, strong and great overhead. However, Kennedy is the type of forward an aging Fullback hates. He's fast, nimble, athletic and resiliant. An absolute nightmare. Kennedy should look to use his speed to get on top of Lake to ensure a good start for the Eagles.

I reckon Frawley will get the job on Kennedy.

Eagles by 11 points in a tight one - we will need to be on early, I agree that they are going to come at us hard early, and try to unsettle us by getting physical

Norm Smith: SHARRRROD
First goalkicker: Jack Darling to start the fire (sorry Dwayno)

178571_93922c0db3fdf1117317ada838026c6f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have an answer to this but I'll throw it out there.

Is it possible that the dimensions of the G can actually help our game style? The web is the web, regardless how wide a ground is, so it should still be effective. Then when we have the ball, we have more space in which to operate.

Just a thought.

I don't have an answer to this but I'll throw it out there.

Is it possible that the dimensions of the G can actually help our game style? The web is the web, regardless how wide a ground is, so it should still be effective. Then when we have the ball, we have more space in which to operate.

Just a thought.

For sure. Unlike a few other teams that rely heavily on the home ground advantage, our gameplan is very adaptable. The 'G is wider, which will make defending harder (more gaps in the web) but when we have possession our run and gun style will probably suit the 'G. Norf were able to smother that aspect of our game at Subi, I think they had something like 10 more running bounces than we did. Stopping our offensive run will be harder at the 'G. We'll obviously have to work harder defensively, but we do have a team of gut runners...

I'm trying to picture what would be the most inspirational possible start to the game. The tried and true Nic Nat to shuey who laces one out to JK on the lead has a nice ring to it.

Also:

A great man once told me "Weellllllinghaaaaaaaa...ah...ah...ah...ahh...ahhh..mmmmmm!" and i've lived my life by that advice.

^ Probably the best line I've read in my time lurking on BF.

How good is this...how f**kin good is this!!!

Back in May I feared I would have to leave the country to avoid going through another week of build up to Fremantle playing in the GF.

The complete opposite has happened, and in a way I still can't believe it!!!

Do us proud West Coast, just like you have done all year!

Go Eagles!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day The Big One. Hawthorn V West Coast Eagles Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back