The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a draw against Arsenal away would be a good effort... I have a better faith now in our attacking threat especially away when it seemed like we would never be able to score...

It'll probably come down to the last game with Spurs to see who gets 5th, well I hope anyway

Man City needs to keep playing as shit as they did this morning to give us a chance for 4th. They were woeful, didn't looked bothered from the start, looked less bothered after the 3rd and looked the least bothered after half time. Must've been some inspirational HT teamtalk from Mancini

The kind of football on display today shows why Kenny deserves to get the job for at least two years. Completely transformed the club

Carroll is also ace on the deck, please stop hoofing it to him, he showed today that he prefers it to feet far more

And Johnson might well be behind Kelly and Flanagan pretty soon.

Which is where he belongs, because he's not a defenders arseh*le.

Which begs the question, what price would you consider selling him for?

12m is the price I'd consider selling Johnson

:thumbsu:

I'm the same, around 12m.

We're losing about 5m, but considering the money isn't a huge factor anymore, it's not a huge problem, plus he's on stupid wages too, and he'll probably just be taking games away from Flanno and Kelly (since I don't think Kelly will move centrally just yet).

I cant see Man City buying him, maybe a team like Sunderland? If he's interested in going there.

Man City have Richards and Onuoha (out on loan, who Sunderland are likely to lose at the end of the season).

Spurs have two good young talents at RB. So, who knows...

I doubt he'd leave England as it'd be hard for him to keep his spot in the England team if he's not playing where Capello can see him each week.

So I don't know, maybe Aston Villa, Sunderland? Man City if Roffa Benitz takes over.

Im not sure what club would pay above 10 or so for Johnson anyway?

In all likelihood Id expect the club to throw Johnson in part exchange for Ashley Young

Maybe 2-5 mill + Johnson for Ashley Young.

This could work. Actually not a terrible idea, since they'll need a right back, they've been playing the kid on loan from Spurs, so they'll lose him, Cuellar hasn't been playing and they've been playing Luke Young at LB - so, Johnson could play RB or LB for Villa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arsenal cant win the title, why bother? We may as well put the pressure on 4th and 5th and see if they can slip up!

I would only sell Johnson if we got over 10m for him. Any less and no deal because he offers so much to the team. Plus he is also the slickest player we have:

Glen+Johnson+Aintree+Races+n6l1V6Ro79yl.jpg

Raul Meireles is pretty slick!

Anyway, I don't want to concede any games even if that hands Manchester United the title.

Speaking of the devil, reports in Daily Mirror and Gazzette have Juventus making a bid for him in the summer between 12-15 million pounds.
I saw they were quite keen on making Aquilani's stay permanent, whether they would want to spend that much on a full back is another question though.

Reports are the buyout clause is 14.1 milion pounds however Juventus are saying they wont meet it, instead choosing to offer 11.5 million pounds with clauses. His agent was on the radio saying hes more likely to stay at Juve then return to Liverpool, pretty much ruling it out it seems.

Great win considering the players that were not available.

Fantastic debut from Flanagan, who did not look out of place at all. Great to see Carroll get off the mark, it had certainly been coming over recent weeks. Suarez seemed to have one of those games where everything nearly (but not quite) came off, but his quality is obvious. Kuyt was immense, he can be inconsistent but he just seems to have limitless energy which allows him to constantly provide an outlet, which is why despite his technical faults I find it hard to criticise him.

City were surprisingly awful but I guess we deserve a lot of the credit for that.

Great win considering the players that were not available.

Fantastic debut from Flanagan, who did not look out of place at all. Great to see Carroll get off the mark, it had certainly been coming over recent weeks. Suarez seemed to have one of those games where everything nearly (but not quite) came off, but his quality is obvious. Kuyt was immense, he can be inconsistent but he just seems to have limitless energy which allows him to constantly provide an outlet, which is why despite his technical faults I find it hard to criticise him.

City were surprisingly awful but I guess we deserve a lot of the credit for that.

Tevez injuring his hammy certainly helped us. Thought he was looking threatening, but then Carroll scored and obviously Tevez soon went off injured.

BTW, our reserves are playing Bolton. Currently 0-0 after 17 mins. Bolton just came close to scoring an own goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back